Are high heel women masochists?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny, but my feet are the same shape now as they were before I wore pointed toes. I agree however that people should wear shoes that are best for their foot shape.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

What makes deformties to feet is wrong shoe size or manufacturing. I have pointed toed boots that just hurts LESS then some male/square/boring shoes. My feet are not deformed at all. Some women likes to wear smaller sizes because of the freak idea that small feet are more beautiful for them, THIS is stupid. Some manufacturers make narrow shoes propositally, specially the high fashionists trends. And women that don't have narrow feet buy them because of fashion. THIS is stupid. Good pointed toed shoes are made the way your fingers are just pinched a bit, thats why they are more pointed. Sorry but round toeboxed male shoes hurts my fingernails and makes caluses... just because they are made for the majority. My heeled shoes are custom. Beautiful. Well made. and POINTED.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I think some people need a grip on reality at times! ;) Pointed shoes does not imply the toes go right to the end – Just like a UK’s police helmet – would you believe it but their head does not go all the way to the top! :lol: I have also looked at my jeans today – in spite of them being flared – about 20” around – I have checked and my lower leg is nothing like this size – amazing I hear you say! :D:lol: I suppose although I feel quite comfortable in them in time my legs will distort to conform to my jeans – after all I can’t be expected to know if they are comfortable or not. :D Having worn high heeled shoes pretty much every day for years, and suffering no ill effects with my feet, being comfortable even after a long day at work – lots of walking etc. over sometimes like a 15 hour day (OK that’s not that usual, but 10 – 12 is) – and still keeping them on during the evening; it’s nice to know that they can’t possibly be comfortable because they don’t have ankle straps, are not absolutely custom made etc. :lol::roll: I stand (crippled?) corrected! :rofl: The idea that shoes have to be oversize such that the have to take a custom-made insert, and that they have to fall-off unless they have an ankle strap, - all in order to be comfortable is as ludicrous as buying shoes a size too small so they look smaller. :o:lol: :rofl: Perhaps to spell it out somewhat simpler – I buy shoes that are comfortable and my shoes ARE comfortable. There is no case for “they must have X, Y, & Z … to be comfortable” BB

Pointed toe shoes are an affront to intelligence. Who else would permanently deform their feet by wearing shoes that are anatomically incorrect???

It's not pointy toed shoes that deform your feet, it's wearing ones that don't fit you properly. By their nature pointed toes make your feet appear longer, although a high heel has the opposite effect and usually cancels this out. There are some people however who insist on squeezing into a size 7 for example beacuse they don't want to admit to themselves that they're actually an 8. These are the people who end up with deformed feet.

Chris

By their nature pointed toes make your feet appear longer...

Why would anyone want to make her/his feet appear longer? By the way, the pointed shoes resemble clown shoes. :rofl:

Examples of custom made clown shoes:

Posted Image

http://www.clownsoport.com/images/CSPLeftyLongToeWEB.jpg

Posted Image

http://www.clownsoport.com/images/PatchAdams040303-003.jpg

Unlike all other shoes, the high heel shoes must fit perfectly to be comfortable. I used Google to search two terms: "custom made high heel shoes" and "custom made clown shoes." The "custom made high heel shoes" search returned only 242 hits while the "custom made clown shoes" search returned 2,470 hits. This stunning search result implies that the total number of clowns is greater than the total number of men and women wearing high heel shoes. If this is not true, the only logical explanation is that clowns are smarter than men and women wearing high heel shoes. ;)

Witch shoes---clown shoes---Who cares. I'm not a fan of the real elongated toe as some of them look out of proportion. I DO like the normal, very stylish pointed toe box with a high stiletto heel, especially in a black patent pump. I don't think that there is any sexier shoe than that. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I always thought small feet were more attractive, and shoes that make the feet look like flippers or swim fins aren't attractive to me. I have enough trouble with my size, though the cowboy boots really make them look long!

it's not that pointed toes are intended to make your feet look longer, just that they do. Unless you're trying to cripple yourself, your toes won't reach all the way to the end of a pointy boot. As I said earlier though, a high heel makes your foot look shorter which usually cancels out the toe. In my opinion a pointed toe looks better than a round one with a stiletto heel, but I dislike pointy flats because they make your feet look too big. Chris (edited for typo)

I reman a fan of nature. I'm all for anything that accentuates nature, but I remain opposed to anything that bastardizes it. Heels are one thing (a woman tiptoeing to kiss her lover). Pointy toes are another. It's like putting wings on a dog simply because they run fast. Duh. And about as asthetically pleasing as party caches for skunks.

I don't think I'll be adding any clown shoes to my closet in the near future.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

i've enjoyed reading this thread. BB, you've posted some very non-bimbo comments... (had to take a swing at your name cuz i likes ur comments) My lady will not wear any shoe that she feels she won't be comfy in. She told me she never really did heels because she thought of the pain it would be. I had to do my research and find a toe-box that would be comfy for her to try and introduce her to heels. I was a wreck looking for that pair. luckily, I found it. Now she wears heels between 4 and 5 inch well. She's gone upwards of 14 hours in some of her heels. I was there most of the 14 hours. She showed no signs of discomfort where she'd have to sit out of the action. other pairs, she'll bring her flats with her so that towards the end of the day (past 6 to 8 hours wear) she'll switch for a breather before going back to them. She likes various style of heels, but comfort to her is of utmost importance. most of her friends are that way about their heels. I met a lot of women who just go by the fashion and take the pain as a given. A lot of pics i've posted here are from such women who will put style before comfort. So, some women seem not to know better and are amazed when they find a style that is comfy to wear. other believ that comfort and high heels is a myth that can't be found and are haters of high heels and high heel wearers. others are like my lady, they will not rest until they find a comfortable heel to wear to any event, no matter what. I got lucky, my lady has found places that have readymade shoes that are comfortable for her. she takes her time to shop for her shoes. she says the day high heels stop being comfortable, she will stop wearing them. I hope such a day never comes. In her short career in heels, she and I have not noticed any changes in her toes and feet. her sister has been wearing heels a lot longer and has not noticed any changes. my aunt has been wearing heels longer than i've been alive and her feet seems just fine. (we're talking constant 5 inch wear) so, in conclusion..... some women are masochist and others aren't! RPM

All the ready made high heel shoes are implements of torture,

not because their heels are too high, but because their design

does not make sense. One would expect female members of the

High Heel Meeting Place to discuss comfortable high heel shoe

design and modification, but they never mention these topics.

When someone says "my feet are killing me" the standard

response is "you must get used to it." Are these women

masochists? :lol:;)

Hi, Polkadot. I tend to agree that the traditionally accepted response of "get used to it" and "work your way up to it" are decidedly masochistic in nature.

I've worn many heels from 2 to 5 inches, and I for one simply do not tolerate poorly-designed heels that pinch/cram toes or otherwise fail to properly and ergonmically support my foot. If any heel is painful in the store to any degree whatsoever, it goes back on the shelf without question.

I strongly suspect that if most women did likewise, we'd have a far more ergonomically/anatomically comfortable set of heels out there.

So - everyone (men and women). If it's painful, don't buy it, don't wear it, don't send the manufacturer that tactic message of approval that making painful heels is somehow "acceptable."

It's not. There are many very comfortable and well-made heels of 3", 4", and 5". Let them know!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I prefer a small platform to a thin sole, as the molded platform shoe is rigid and does not twist, allowing the heel to cant over to one side even when the sole is flat on the ground.

The taller platform shoes are much more common in the larger sizes (in sandals) and more comfortable. But, they are not very stable on soft or uneven surfaces, as I know from experience.

Praise Bob from whom good words flow...

For a long time I could not understand why my feet hurt so much after only 30 minutes in my stillettos. The problem was not in the ankles or heels where I expected (I have very small weak ankles) but in the balls of my feet where the weight is distributed. Then I tried on a nice pair of plats with a nice thick cushion or pad right there where needed at the point that the balls rest. Huraaaaaaay!!!!! I could never look at high heels in quite the same way again. Thin soled shoes (even with only 3" heels) soon leave me wondering why I'm wearing them? But a nice pair of well cushioned, well made plats - even the higher heels are no real problem for me hours after I put 'em on. The shoes I have on at the moment have 2" plats and I've worn them all day. But even a 1/2 inch plat can be a real foot saver for me. I guess the fashion conscious women will just have to figure out what works for them, but for the high heeled addicts I would definitely suggest you consider plats.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Pun intended? :D

Chris

Evidently!

As someone who enjoys heels, hates pain, and is into ergonomics, I, too, have seen a horrible trend towards heels that suck.

HTS

Remember that acronym!

These are heels that can't be worn 8 hours a day.

There - that's my defining criteria.

If they can be worn by 80% of the the population who'd like to wear them, assuming they're appropriately sized, and can be worn for 8 hours or more straight without discomfort through the normal course of events, then they fall into the category of Heels that Don't Suck, or HTDS.

Otherwise, they're HTS (heels that suck).

As consumers, we should never allow ourselves to fork out our hard-earned cash for HTS, regardless of our personal feelings, for all of us know that there any many HTDS out there for our wearing pleasure.

Well, that's enough for now!

As a recent owner of a pair of thin sole Frederick's slides with a 6 in. heel, I got a pair of Dr. Scholl's gel inserts that go under the ball of the foot. Not enough experience yet, but at first try they sure help the comfort.

• 2 weeks later...

It gave me an idea:

- If men could be socially accepted as heel wearers as women wear pants;

- Women could be free to wear what they want at their feet;

- Lower heels or flats for the women who want to;

- EVERYBODY WOULD BE HAPPY!!!

Flavio.

My dear Flavio,

I have some important (and possibly disturbing) news. While men usually dress for practical reasons, women do not. In fact, you may find it interesting to note that most women don't even dress for men. The strange, but simple fact is that most women dress for other women! :cry: Therefore, women will never be happy with whatever fashion comes about: slacks, lower heels, rings in the nose - or whatever. That's exactly why I no longer worry about what women may think about my mode of dress - good or bad. :D

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

My dear Flavio,

I have some important (and possibly disturbing) news. While men usually dress for practical reasons, women do not. In fact, you may find it interesting to note that most women don't even dress for men. The strange, but simple fact is that most women dress for other women! :o Therefore, women will never be happy with whatever fashion comes about: slacks, lower heels, rings in the nose - or whatever. That's exactly why I no longer worry about what women may think about my mode of dress - good or bad. :cry:

I needed to look on page earlier to see my quoted post and understand what's going on :D

Sadly I knew that, Guy N. Heels, even here in Brazil. Women like to look good for the other ones (generally) specially when they're dressed for parties and work.

Today there's a tendency for men of the "metrossexual" movement like David Beckham do. Maybe this is a way when we can start heeling everywhere. Even that kind of guys have problems and are labeled as gay, I have nothing against gay people and have lots of gay friends, but when you label someone without knowing what exactly they are it's a pre-concept mind.

I'm currently thinking a lot about my atittudes in my own life. Life is too short and I need to make mine better.

Thanks a lot for your comment!

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

I'm currently thinking a lot about my atittudes in my own life. Life is too short and I need to make mine better. Ahh Flavio, What shall I say without sounding too much like your priest? A few basics I've found useful: 1] Be true to yourself and don't become a cheap imitation of someone else. 2] Live well, uphold justice and treat all men as you wish to be treated. 3] Courage must be tempered by wisdom, and fear mastered by faith. 4] Plan each day as if you will live forever, live each day as if it is your last. 5] Both riches and fame are mockers, be not deceived by them. One good friend is worth more than both. 6] Dispise not any man and fear the God who made you.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 1 year later...

As I have gone over this thread with its deversified topics, the theme seems to be, the wearing of heels is an on-going learning process no matter how much it hurts or how you feel about it. Both male and female high heelers have to find the right fit in the quality and style of their particular footwear desires. Often choices can be made off the retail racks. Sometimes, custom-made is the answer. There are stories of experiences wearing different heels that may have looked great, but weren't very comfortable after they were worn for a time. Other heels became very comfortable the more they were worn. Some people decided to go with the styling rather than the comfort factor to fulfill their idea of their perfect high heeled vision. This is the cause of those masochistic experiences we hear about and the reason for this thread. Many of us, mostly male heelers, knew what we wanted our desired high heels to look like. However, finding the perfect fit with our style and comfort takes a lot longer when we aren't publicly open. The stamina of walking and standing in heels for at least an eight hour period on the job or in public situations is something many of us still have to experience. I hear it can really be an eye-opener from others in this site, who have gone street heeling. I haven't done the eight hour experience in social activities, but the times I have ventured into the public venue, makes me appreciate those who have done the test of time in the open. This incudes the men, who are doing this. Some potential heelers gave up before they succeeded, because they felt it was not worth the discomfort they were enduring and no longer wanted to submit their feet to such an activity. Apparently, there has to be a desire that motivates a person to wear heels. There are also those people who completely reject this option. Being a life long heeler, it hard to understand that mindset, just as much as I figure they don't understand my desire.