Loving My Reflection

JeffB

Posted ImagePosted Image

A few years ago, it would never have occured to me to even take pictures of myself wearing women's shoes, never mind post said pictures on the Internet for all to see, but that's now changed. Every time I look at pictures of myself in pumps or boots, I smile and say to myself, "I look damn good in those heels!" And I can't deny that. Looking at the pics above, can you deny how good I look?

While keeping my ego in check, I have to admit there's a certain sense of....attractiveness associated with looking at pictures of myself wearing high heels, almost to the point of being, well....sexy. It's as if by boldly crossing the lines of gender with what I wear on my feet, I've increased my own sense of visual appeal as a male tenfold, like the act of wearing heels makes me strikingly handsome. No way would I feel like that wearing (ugh!) men's shoes!

Every time I look at my pictures, I fall in love with my own image, and it's all because of the heels, and what I wear with them. It all makes for an extremely heady, no, intoxicating experience. One I simply can't get enough of. That also goes for just posing in front of a floor length mirror with an outfit on, I could stare at myself in heels all day long. And that's just when I'm in jeans, wearing a skirt, which I've done for pics would up the ante considerably.

So, what do you think, guys? Do you fall in love with your own image when you're wearing heels? The way I see it, it's awfully hard not to! That's part of the reason why we wear heels, for that all importnat visual stimulation.

;)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yep! I'm fascinated about your heels pics, the same way as I'm fascinated about my own heels! Some years ago when I got my first tattoo on my upper arm, I went every day several times into the bathroom to admire my new tattoo in the mirror. Obviously not only the girls are infected by vanity ;) micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Jeff--I think there's more than just your visual image to like. Your a whole package!

I'm probably falling in love with my image to a certain extent, but not on a sexual level. This picture was taken by board member Pam last night (its a little blurry) and you can't see my 2" thick woven black leather belt, but it demonstrates my usual street heeling ensemble.

Bloomingdales waffle textured jacket

Silk black 3/4 length sleeved shirt layered over sail Amsterdam tshirt

Seven Jeans

Nine West black pumps

Linea Pelle black woven leather wide belt

Posted Image

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I have to agree with you Jeff, must be the reason I have all those pics of myself wearing heels on my hard drive! We have large mirror in the bedroom, and I love to place it on the floor like the ones you get in shoe shops, and admire my heels in it. Chris ps. Kudos for the photos you posted, I wouldn't have the confidence to do the same!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. It's certainly good to know others here appreciate and understand what I was trying to get across. Kudos to Kneehighs on the pic you posted, very sharp to say the least. You put together a darn good looking outfit. And I would agree that it's not just the shoes, it's the entire outfit, you have to look good from head to toe in order to make wearing women's shoes work, and from day one, I've sought to present that whole package. And building a wardrobe around my heels is almost as much fun as wearing the heels themselves! And that's what makes tearing my eyes from my reflection so damn hard! ;)

I have finally settled in on the idea that you have to be comfortable with the image you want to present. The first step in being comfortable with an image is liking the look yourself. From your post it appears that you really like the look, as do most of the members of this board. I think it looks great. I really like my appearance with thigh boots and jeans and wear the combination without a second thought but I don’t like the look with the same boots and slacks. I think it’s because the slacks are looser and interrupt the line of the boot on my leg. I also am finding that my likes and dislikes change with experience. I didn’t like the look of a long skirt at first, now I really do. I keep saying this is a head game. There are some days when I think a skirt looks good and other days when I don’t like the look as much.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

You really have to love the image of yourself in high heels, otherwise you probably would not want to leave the house wearing them. And yes, I too love the image of myself in heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have finally settled in on the idea that you have to be comfortable with the image you want to present. The first step in being comfortable with an image is liking the look yourself.

From your post it appears that you really like the look, as do most of the members of this board. I think it looks great.

I keep saying this is a head game. There are some days when I think a skirt looks good and other days when I don’t like the look as much.

Yes, a key component to what we do entails being comfortable enough in your own skin to wear whatever you like, whatever looks AND feels good to you. And I feel absolutely terrific when I'm in heels.

I feel as though wearing heels empowers me, gives me the balls to openly wear women's shoes and not care what the world thinks of me, and I love that particular power. Just looking at myself and how sharp I look makes me feel terrific, giving me the confidence to go out and be seen.

On the subject of skirts, yeah, it can be said that it depends on how you feel, if you like what you see or not. Clearly, you've gone one huge step further than most of us, and I admire you for that. Perhaps one day soon, I'll follow in your footsteps.

;)

I never toke pictures of myself wearing heels, otherwise, I love to see the reflection of my feet on the mirror. If the mirror is large enough it's good to see the hole body, of course, as everything changes when in heels. Heels for all! (I hate to be cold!) Flavio.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Nice boots & Shoes JeffB good pics too- seen you other pics too, you have some cool and crazy tastes! Hope you don't mind but I'm going to temporarily pinch this tread! Like your style kneehighs, your clothes and those courts just go SO well, you look damned cool!

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

Nice boots & Shoes JeffB good pics too- seen you other pics too, you have some cool and crazy tastes!

Hope you don't mind but I'm going to temporarily pinch this tread!

Like your style kneehighs, your clothes and those courts just go SO well, you look damned cool!

Many thanks for your kind words! I greatly appreciate it! ;)

I'd never fall in love with myself, neither with my heels on ;)

Wise man say: One must learn to love thyself, in order to be able to love others.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Wise man say: One must learn to love thyself, in order to be able to love others.

Sounds like.........For one to love thy self, and others, one needs practice with Mary palm and her five fingers!! :rofl:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Well that's one interpretation, but I did not mean it in a physical sense.

Jeff, cb17, secreto, Micha, thanks for the compliments on my "cool/casual" style. In my Franco Sarto Nolan's

Posted Image

with that exact same outfit I went to the Law School Admission Forums at the Hilton in Midtown. Not really into doing the pumps around prospective fellow law students yet, but the loafers are surely a piece of cake.

I think anyone with an interest in a MOD STYLE with a thin and tall (5'10") figure could pull off their pointy's with skinny jeans, and a shrunken blazer layered over a light sweater.

Posted Image

I want to see some fashionista call that look fetish and not fashion.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

JeffB:-) As you know...I have been eating up all of the pics and everything that you have told and shown us. You have put together some great outfits and I appreciate the fact that you took some advise from me on a couple and tried them out. I really liked what you did with your skirt experiments and the fact that you really surprised yourself on how well you looked in them. Congrats again as you have done much to further our cause. I'm glad that you are in a position to do what you have done. Kneehighs:-) I can only imagine the look of that outfit with the heeled loafers, but it sure does look very good with your spiked heel pointy toed shoes. Everything just works so well together and like Jeff says, you have to be able to put a total outfit together to really look good. Congrats to you also. Enjoy! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

JeffB:-)

As you know...I have been eating up all of the pics and everything that you have told and shown us. You have put together some great outfits and I appreciate the fact that you took some advise from me on a couple and tried them out. I really liked what you did with your skirt experiments and the fact that you really surprised yourself on how well you looked in them. Congrats again as you have done much to further our cause. I'm glad that you are in a position to do what you have done.

Thanks for the kind words, Dawn. I do as best I can, and so far, it's all worked out pretty darn well. Having decided it wasn't enough to just wear the shoes, I knew that I needed to put together a total outfit to go with the shoes, otherwise it just wouldn't look right. The skirt pictures provided quite a revelation, and after reading thighbootguy's outings in long skirts, I'll admit to being interested in following in footsteps sometime down the road. Now that should be interesting!

;)

JeffB:-)

If you do---don't forget the pics.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Well, in that case, then go right to the thread "That's it....Default Mode is Skirt and Heels" for quite a surprise from me!

;)

Hi Shafted,

Oh how true! This is 99% of the battle, that's for sure. I totally agree with Jeff and most of the comments. We wouldn't be confident and wearing heels/Boots like we do if we didn't think we looked good/fashionable/sexy. I have felt since the first time I put on a pair of high heel Boots that I looked good in Boots. That first pair I bought at age 13, a pair of black suede knee Boots, 3 inch heels, in Las Vegas, I was out walking in downtown Las Vegas right away. Why? Cause I looked cool. I felt good. And I liked myself. Through the years I have gained more and more confidence. Cathy (we have known each other now since I was 17, so 31 years) has been a very very big part of all this. She has always found me very sexy in Boots and has encouraged me through the years to wear them for her in public. She also knows her friends find me very attractive in Boots and have made many comments to her.

So yes, I look very attractive in Boots and I know it. That is why I can walk with my head held high down the main street wearing 5 inch stiletto heel thigh high Boots (grabbing a glance in every shop window possible! LOL!). This is also why taking pics and posting them is also enjoyable. Each of us have a little exhibitionist side to us ;))

david

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

Iloveboots: I couldn't agree more with what you said, my friend. To do what we do, and do so in public, we have to be supremely confident in ourselves, in how we look and how we react to the world around us. It also helps to have an ego when you look in the mirror and declare that you look great when you've got a pair of heels on. If it weren't for heels, I wouldn't be at all fashionable today, I wouldn't have anything in the way of nice clothes because everything I buy has to go well with my heels. I wouldn't have it any other way! I know that I look great in heels and I'm not afraid to show off whenver I can. It's not only fun, but liberating as well!

;)

Hi Danielle....ditto on your comments for Jeff...and also to your great pics Danielle on the photobucket album. Your heels look great,

david

p.s. Jeff...the four new pics in the black suit/skirt and Boots...out of this world my friend! awesome look!!

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"