You consider your heels to be an extension of you, how?

DandyDude

I'm wondering how the ladies consider their shoes to be an expression of "what's inside" and what it means to them. The women I know who are shoe conscious tend to be very forceful in real life. They do fully embrace the "pulled together" look. I've noticed the women I know that are "pulled together"(meaning that they go for all aspects: clothing, jewellery, hair, nails, make-up, as well as shoes/stockings)tend to be highly sexual, in an aggressively feminine way. They consider their attire to be natural extentions of their personalities. Comments?

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

While I'm not a lady, I still consider my heels to be an extention of my personality and they drive the rest of my attire to be coordinated, a fact that would not get as much attention from me if I only wore boring male boats.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I think I would qualify as pulled together, but I am not aggressive. Shoes are an extension of who I am, naturally. They are a way to express individuality and stand out. I like to be different. And they are a sign of being sexy, yes, but I think that as I age I am becoming more passive...

Vicki...I believe you got it!:smile: Luc...I feel the same way. I coordinate/plan my outfits and my footwear ties it all together. Laurie...My point was more that they express an aggressive femininity, highly sexualized, through their attire/look. I've met quite a few who become kittenish with me, and they are still pulled together. They seem to want me to "take over", more or less. That's fine with me. Is that what you meant by "passive"? Believe me, a woman that is pulled together, at least to me, is anything BUT "passive". If she plays her cards right, she can wrap me around her little finger with ease. You see, I acknowledge a woman's power over me regarding things such as that. I admit I love the pulled together look. In my admission, there is strength.

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

Laurie, believe me, the women I am referring to do pretty much the same thing. i've come to accept it as part of the interplay between men and women. With the old sex roles having been broken down, a line of demarcation is needed. Hence the return of several stereotypes, albeit in parodic/updated forms. For instance, the Internet has helped facillitate the return of the Victorian custom of men and women writing to each other for some time before actually meeting. Also, I fully admit that a woman who is pulled together has a quite large head start towards getting my attention. I realise that women find pleasure and self-affirmation in attention they receive from men. The acknowledgement of those facts makes the relationship more playful and less hung up on outdated roles.

I am not able to wear only nylons and heels... I always have to go all out. I wear my makeup darker, find my most dangly earrings, and make sure my hair and nails looks great. Once I am alll "pulled" together, I find that my self confidence not only soars, but that I feel like the most sexy woman alive!

I can't imagine not wearing heels. They just seem to belong to my feet. I like your idea that women who wear heels seem to be more "pulled together". As already said: stockings, nails, heels and ear hoops - thats it. Here I am, world!

Never without 5" heels, and always with a very short skirt

• 1 year later...

noone take offense: - but i find a lot of women (usually youngish girls) stamp the floor as hard as they can in their heels, and put their nose so far in the air as they do it. its quite funny and annoying at the same time. Ive heard of heels creating confidence which i really do believe is right, but i notice it pushed some into 'stuck up mode' too. not everyone tho :(