About other people's comments

Geoffrey

You know what the worst thing is, it's that most people don't hava the guts say anything about your heels! And if they have, most of them are negative. Okay this depends in what country you live. I would like to know what kind of comment you receive from others and how you deal with it. I must say that it's not quite easy to pass people who are laughing at you and I've experience that. After that I just felt something that makes me feel good! But reactions are very hard for me to deal with especially negatives.

I just figure if people are really curious, they may ask - I'll just answer them honestly of course. If they don't ask, but just stare, I usually think their mind is smoking from being shattered by the vision they just encountered. Most people though either say something positive, or they say nothing at all, which is fine by me. I'm not out to impress anyone.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Most people say nothing. Occaisionally someone makes a joke and I reply with a joke. You might get the odd stupid comment. It does not matter if you are a woman or a man, if you wear anything other than very bland fashion you get bitchy comments at times. I ignore any such remark as the people who make them are extremely ignorant scum who do not deserve any attention. Lastly I get comments or questions from women about where I got them, or they look good etc. Always nice to get those....

I've found that I've been striking up more conversations with ladies that I work with ever since I've been wearing more noticable heels. I figure it's as good of an ice-breaker as anything else :smile: I've gotten into some good discussions as a result as well! Okay...one more time from the top! WALLS DOWN! HEELS UP!!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I've found that 99 percent of the people you encounter in your travels either have manners and wouldn't be so forward as to make comments or ask about your shoes, or are too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to care about a man in high heels. The lone one percent are usually smart-ass schoolkids who don't have manners and will make disparaging remarks, often to your back after you've passed them by, but words you can ignore. I have and they don't bother me a bit. Of course, it takes time to build up that sort of emotional armor, but it can be done.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!