IQ

I didn't do the Telly one but I've done quite a few timed IQ tests from books and on the net and I get between 130 and 140. I'm not sure what it's supposed to measure apart from "IQ". I tend to score well because of the number and spatial ones and my verbal reasoning is OK too. But, someone who wasn't so hot on numbers might get a much lower score even though their reasoning and common sense was similar. Thus I don't really give very much importance to the results. Apparently if you are over 150, you can be a nut case. Albert Einstein and Marilyn Monroe both had IQ's of just over 160, so there you go.... there was definitely something different about both of them!

When I was in school it was ILLEGAL for a teacher to let a person know what their score waas on an IQ test. My mother was a school teacher and was able to peer at my score in the 3rd grade: 120. Have taken others, but was never curious enough to dig thru the vault to find out if I went up or down.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Who cares, anyhow I've considered joining mensa. For those that don't know, Mensa is a very silly club for those whose IQ's is in the top 2% to enjoy themselves playing spatial games etc. Believe me I'm not smart, Debbie can attest to that the way she knocks me over in games, yet my IQ is in that 150+ range, so what does that say for the testing process - bullshit!. Also, have a suspicion Laurie's might just be up there to! Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

In actual fact the IQ is based on a mean of 100 and standard deviation of 15. This means if you are over 145 you are in the top 0.15%, over 130 top 2.5%, and over 115 top 16%. Most people using a board like this will have IQ s over 115 because you have to be quite literate, be familiar with computers, able to find your chosen interest subject, and able to work out how to use the board. It may seem easy to us, but it would be beyond many people. Hence the people you meet here have already been "filtered".

werd, i found out there is an age conversion on IQ tests, so my getting 131 at 16 is the equivalent of a 30 year old getting something like 150+ mensa, bunch of friggin losers....they must get NO action!

I think some of the questions depend on general knowledge or knowledge of English, eg meanings of words which aren't too common. I can see why that should be adjusted for age. The pure reasoning ones are the best.

I've never done an IQ test, but I did pass the 11 plus exam 30 odd years ago which got me to grammar school. Does that count? I didn't realise the test was on TV last Saturday until I read it in the paper on Monday.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Well, I did a IQ test on the net a couple of times and I seem always to be somewhere around 135, sometimes a little below other times a little above. It seems like my current condition is a factor, if I'm tired, under pressure and stuff like that makes the score go down a little.

On the swedish Mensa homepage, there is a short test with 18 questions, I did 14 of them correct and failed 4.

Test it your self at http://www.mensa.se

Score the heel

Du hade 15 rätt av 18 möjliga. Du har möjlighet att klara inträdesprovet 15/18 but translation required! I also learnt on the page that there are two scales for IQ. For one the top two percent is over 130, the other over 148.

On 2002-05-17 11:01, Firefox wrote:

Du hade 15 rätt av 18 möjliga.

Du har möjlighet att klara inträdesprovet

15/18 but translation required!

The translation will be something like this.

You had 15 right of 18 possible.

You have the possibility to clear the entrance examination.

Well done.

Do the mensa test Terayon, then knock the organisation. PS: If you get 17 you beat me. Then get a triple degree, as I've only currently got a double degree, you'll destroy me then! Good luck. Inga :smile: _________________ HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IHeels on 2002-05-18 12:10 ]</font>

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

At the age of 7 I was solving problems in an IQ test that were set for 16 year olds. At 17 I took a Mensa test at home and scored 145. On the Test The Nation programme I got every single question correct which confirmed the 145 IQ. I find that I am quite good at general knowledge too and always do well in pub quizzes etc. However, in my mind, all an IQ test proves is that you are good at doing IQ tests. There could be people out there who are the world's best problem solvers who woul;d get an IQ of 90 from one of these tests. One interesting fact that came out of that programme was that George W Bush has an IQ of 97! Yet he does well as president because he relies more on expert advisers than trying to make the decisions himself, though that situation would leave him open to manipulation. I always think that a wise man knows his own limits regardless of what they score on an IQ test. There is a difference between intelligence and wisdom.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Too true Dr Shoe. IQ is curiosity value only IMO. There's a world of difference between having some type of knowledge and knowing what to do with it. That's why people skills and basic common sense are more important.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

If I remember correctly, my IQ was measured at 119 in high school. This is considered above average. Yet I graduated in the bottom 25% of my high school class and was admitted to college on a scholastic probation. So are IQ tests a true measure of intelligence?

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that's frustrating, I clicked the first link given by mk4625 (thanks) and took the test. When I finished I clicked to get the real answers and check my test & I got a message stating the site has exceeded it's allowed data transfer, yada yada yada. I tried the link with answers in PJs message, same thing, tried the new link given by mk4625, same thing. Anyone know how I can check my test. Curiosity is now scratching my head... Thanks

Well I am impressed or am I impressed! I haven't done one for years but usually used to clock 140+, and at our recent Oxford Heelmeet I think somebody told me that Highluc is is genius with some absolutely vast IQ. Xaphod seems to fit into a similar mould too! RESULT: Everyone who has posted is way above the 100% average! CONCLUSION: Being a genius and wearing high heels go hand-in-hand! We're not a bad bunch, so DON'T LET THE DIMWITS GET YOU DOWN!!!!! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

RESULT: Everyone who has posted is way above the 100% average!

But what about the rest of us 900 odd thicko members who haven't dared own up?! We might be dragging the average for the group way down :lol:

(I didn't bother doing this one, but on that telly based thing with Anne Robinson and various other internet tests, I usually get around 125, unless I lie about my age then the IQ score comes down)

Emma

I just clicked on the answers.html link and the answer page came up okay. Maybe it's just an intermittent problem.

Geocities limits the amount that each site is allowed to send out to so much an hour. It's not unusual for popular Geocities sites to be unavailable quite often as the maximum transfer has been exceeded. It's part of their marketing to push their users onto plans with higher limits, but with price tags affixed. If you find a Geocities site unavailable, then try it again after an hour or two, and it should work again.

ObIQ: I have no idea what mine is, and no great desire to find out. I can't really explain why, other than I'm good at some things, not so good at others, and I don't want all that squashed into one meaningless number.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Ah-ha! Got it - 132, frustrated with some of my misses, oh well. I did find the following quote at the bottom explaining IQ interesting: "Most psychologists consider those failing in the range of 95-105 as having a normal or average I.Q. " So failing is considered normal?