Leatherworks - custom order

zid

Hi, Recently I purchased a pair of patent white K501A (5" pump with angle straps) from Leatherworks in London. Since I am not that crazy about their default way of designing the loop on the back of the shoe where the straps are attached, I decided to go for a custom order: 9.0 mm wide loop, made of a double folded piece of leather, giving patent texture on both the inside and outside of the loop. Since I already own a pair of shoes with this particular design (also made by Leatherworks), I added several pictures with the order to make sure everything was understood completely. Since the order was a custom order, Leatherworks were very strict on underlining that no refund/exchange whatsoever could take place. Now two weeks later, I recieved the shoes with: Clumpsy made loop, 1.5 cm wide, single piece of leather, suede structure on the inside. Is this OK ? Have written to Leatherworks once by ordinary mail, and twice by email. No response so far. Any suggestions for an appropriate action? Best, Zid

Clumpsy made loop, 1.5 cm wide, single piece of leather, suede

structure on the inside. Is this OK ?

It certainly isn't, it's not what you ordered. Did they give you any form of communcation acknowledging the specifics of what you were requesting?

I would suggest giving them a phone call, it's less easy to ignore a customer when they are on the telephone. They might just be busy and taking a while to respond though.

I've bought from them a couple of times. The second time, my credit card was mistakenly charged twice but after an email they quickly performed a charge-back. The first time too, communication with them was no problem.

I hope you get the matter resolved satisfactorily.

Any suggestions for an appropriate action?

Go to a shoemaker and pay him when he did the job right.

Ready made high heel shoes are instruments of torture.

Mail-order custom shoes do not exist -- it is just

advertising gimmick. The real custom-made shoes fit

your feet perfectly, especially under the ball of the

foot. More info:

http://www.medianet.pl/~andrew/shoes/comfy_heels.htm

When you have a staff of 10-20 people and you're making 300 pairs a week it is easy to overlook small details though this is unusual for Leatherworks to do this as Andy is a stickler for detail. I suspect that they're looking into the matter before replying.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hi, Thanks for the replies. I'll call them tomorrow and see if we can settle things like gentlemen. The only reason why this is a "custom" order, is a detail about the loop (is 'loop' the correct phrase?) for attaching the straps, simply because I want the details to be exacly as I prefer them. To me, a pair of shoes like this is like an art sculpture, and there can be no compromise. The fit by the way is superb (she says). Best regards, Zid

Zid:-) It is only natural that your shoes be delivered to you exactly as ordered. Like Dr. Shoe says, I'm sure that things will work out to the benefit of all parties involved. The old saying...'The customer is always right" Comes to mind. In most cases, the dealer tries to do everything possible to satisfy his customer. That's only good business. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!