Heels @ Work, Part III in a series

ShockQueen

It's been over 3 months now since I have abandoned wearing flats to work, and just have been strictly wearing nothing but heels. My co-workers & managers have become acclamated to my wearing of them, and don't really say much except for if they like a certain style, and then I'll get complimented on that. Today was a 'casual day' at the office as long as you wore the new 'motivational' T-shirt they provided, so I wore that, my fancy red button-up shirt open over that, jeans, and my 7" platform sandals. One of my friends still doesn't know how I can walk in them, and another friend of mine thought they were really cute - both female. I thought it was great yesterday when I was wearing my 4" stiletto boots, and one of the gals on the floor said I walked better on the floor than most females she's seen. Heck, I took that as high praise in of itself :smile: When I told my friend Raven (yeah, the one who owns the store I get my heels from!) about what I've been doing at work, she actually was surprised! She did say that I was a very brave soul, and when I told her that they liked my style, I think that surprised her even more. I thought by now she had seen & heard everything....I guess not! :smile: It's been great, and I'm sure it'll keep being great! Here's to more guys getting out there and showing us your heels!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Today was kinda spooky....I went in to work wearing black slacks, bright red shirt, black jacket, and red patent pumps. My supervisor walks by and is wearing the EXACT same thing (minus the pumps)! Pretty spooky if you ask me :smile: If she would have had red patent pumps on too, I think I might have fainted! That would have been too much of a coincidence.

Well...not crazy (entirely), but I have stopped worrying about what others think of how I dress. I'm the one who chooses my styles, and therefore I'm the one who is wearing them. None of the managers I've talked to have said anything about my heels, so I figure they must be OK with it, or they would have said something in the last three months.

You should! The weather is great for it! I'm wearing my 5" platform sandals tomorrow! They go great with pants! I may wear a skirt when I'm not working though.

Actually, this is the style I'm wearing tomorrow:

Posted Image

They have gotten me many compliments on the floor, so they are my fave sandals (next to my 7" monster plat sandals anyways! :smile:)

Go for it. Neat pair of sandals. Must make you a lot taller. What I have noticed with HH shoes is that people first notice I am taller than normal. They always spot that before they actually spot the shoes.

I think your managers are so shocked, and envious, they don't know what to say. I've been wearing higer heeled loafers to the office for some time now. No one has said anything or looked at me strangely at all. Good on ya for pushing the envelope.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

I'm not sure there. Most of the ladies who walk by me say something on the order of "I don't know how you can do that. I can't even walk in heels that high." The thing is....they're only 4 inchers! I wonder what they would say if I brought in my 5" pumps! I think it might blow their minds beyond the point of no return! :smile:

I agree! It came as a total shock to me yesterday when that happened. Geez...and me without a camera to capture that moment. Ah well...I'll keep one around for next time. As DesertHeeler says..... WALLS DOWN! HEELS UP!!!

Well, SQ, congrats to you on your continued progress at work. Speaking just for myself, I've been much more conservative regarding the shoes I wear at the office (plain black pumps with three inch heels), but I've yet to have any trouble with my supervisors. On the subject of dress codes, I've never seen ours in the almost three years I've been there now, though I'm sure someone's wondered if high heels was part of the code for men. I suspect that's not the case. So far, no one's mentioned it to me, and I'm cool with that. I enjoy being unique in what I choose to wear at the office.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Maybe if anyone can find some stiletto heeled steel toe boots, I'd go to work in heels;-) Wouldn't risk working on the heavy stuff I do without toe protection though. Still envy you guys with the opportunity and the courage to push this issue out into the open though.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Sssshhhh....don't say it too loud. She might overhear you :smile::wink: I still wear my regular 4" pumps with no platform at work most of the time though, so maybe she'll forgive my intermittent transgressions. :smile: