Experiences in high school

Geoffrey

I graduated in 1970. By then, the "Beatle Boots" hi-heels for guys fad was almost over. In Junior High (grades 7-9 in America), I wore a pair of black suede boots, aproximately 2-1/8" at back (most of us measured at the front of the heel at the time, e.g. about 1-1/2"), that were made for guys--nearly everyone was wearing them! I remember one guy in 8th grade that had his 2" heels (measured at the front of the heel) raised to 3"(maybe 4" at back?). He only wore them one day, though--must have been REALLY uncomfortable for him! My brother had a pair of what were known in 1962 as "Spanish Boots" that he wore in 12th grade, with aprox 2" heels at back.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

u lucky bastard! :smile: it woulda been good to have clear rolemodels like the beatles now a days, EVERYONE liked the beatles, and what they did was "cool" and "ok", and if u didnt like it you were an obvious minority, now people like different styles of music and with shitty boy and girl bands popping up every damn week theres nothing that everyone can relate too, and i really think the only way men will ever be "allowed" to wear heels is if for some reason everyone does it...dont see that happening any time soon :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I found that high school served as my first lesson towards acception through conformity. It's taken me years to undo that damage. What's funny is that the same people who voted me "most stylish" with my 3" heeled boots at our 20th high school reunion last year would have percecuted me unmercifully had I worn those same boots DURING high school. Thank God the majority of people grow up and open up their minds along this journey we call life. :smile: Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying