Jodie Foster's Flightplan

dr1819

I love this quote: "Three different unions representing over 80,000 flight attendants on 23 airlines are calling for a boycott of the Jodie Foster airplane-based thriller, alleging Flightplan depicts airline staffers as rude and unhelpful to passengers."

Source: http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/eo/20050928/112796274000.html

The reason it's so appealing is that that most flight attendants these days ARE rude!

And I do a LOT of flying - about 50,000 miles in the last two years.

SO...

One thing I've noticed is that foreign flight attendants tend to be nicer, more cordial than American flight attendants. I've begun to believe America's "bottom dollar" has prompted reserchers to develop the "perfect psychological balance" between efficiency (only serving the FAA-mandated safety requirements!) and politeness/true service (which brings repeat customers). Their efforts maximizes the airlines' return on investment, and I believe they're teaching their flight attendants how to balance this, as well.

There are to many airlines around the U.S. and the world. In this case competition is very bad for everybody. Just wait, as fuel prices keep going up airlines will falter and no government backed loans either. Technically flying has gotten to cheap to be humane.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Dr1819:-) Hoverfly:-) I don't fly much at all, but if the flight attendants ARE actually rude to the customers...then it may be time for the airlines to put them into "Diversity" classes as they do with us down at the Science Center. If problems persist, then a personal meeting takes place with that individual and a letter goes into their file. As a last resort, they are fired, and that includes volunteers. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 1 month later...

From time to time I fly a lot, and I have to agree with the belief that so many staff are offensive and rude. :lol: The number of times the flight attendants stand chatting, putting make-up on and ignoring passengers is appalling. :D In saying that – I have also had exceptional service – I always flew out to Australia with Singapore airlines and the quality of service was excellent – and for you men there was no doubt that all the girls were naturally beautiful, and dressed and presented themselves very well. ;) (Small feet and high heels - even I noticed!) Funny you should mention about the US, but that did make me think. I hadn’t realised but the worst experiences have all been with US staff or in the US! – I used to fly into Miami frequently, and a number of times my luggage was delayed (lost) were unbelievable (although it was probably lost during the London transfer – never happened on a Paris transfer) – but the staff in Miami were appalling, both in their attitude, care, and service. (When I flew over – I always flew on the Friday, arriving Friday evening, drive down to the Keys and dive Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning – then drive up to the cape Sunday night for work on Monday – It wasn’t so I could get some diving in, it was just because the flights were cheaper into Miami rather than the “Disney bus” over to the US! – Honest :lol: :lol:) BB

I've done quite a bit of flying domestically, but when I flew Alitalia last year, wow that was a class act.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Okay, I quite often have to fly for work, I tend to use the UK budget airlines as I only fly within Europe and have always found the cabin crew to be great, helpful and smart. the only times I have paid top prices for flights were when going on holiday and I was very dissapointed with the service. These service standards tend to work their way down from the top, it is not a sign of a good airline IMHO. The worst time was when flying a few years ago with TWA to Texas, I could hear the crew having an argument and swearing. a sackable offence in my books! I have notices that the female crew tend to wear really high heels until they get on board and then (for good reasons) the change in to lower heels, they tend to be scruffier and less looked after. Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.