Heels and Jeans

tightlevisandhhboots

We have all discussed shoe sizes, and the various styles and fits, but I have recently found that womens jeans are even more varied. I have been wearing womens Levi's for the last 5 years. As I thought that was the only way to get a 36 to 38" inseam. When Levis sold out to overseas, and their O-spin line went away, I started looking again for long legged low-rise womens jeans. In Levis I am usually a Juniors 11 xlong, but in the neuvo tough series I was a 9jr. Now I have found that in Gap jeans I can comfortably wear a misses 8 in some jeans, but in others I have to wear a misses 10. In Holister Jeans I can wear a 8 misses or a 9 jr. All these jeans I have found at various places have these jeans in everything from a 30" inseam to a 38 and sometimes even a 39" inseam! With 2" and lower heels I can get away with a 36" inseam, but I prefer the 38" inseam when wearing my 3.5 and 4" heels. What are others wearing in jeans with their heels??? I would like to know how they like their particular brand. I even ordered a pair of "Cruel Girl" xlong jeans and they had a nice fit and style. tightlevisandhhoots

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Levi's 505 straight leg regular fit, I live in these.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Wearing women's jeans.....something I've never considered until I read about you guys wearing them. Aren't they "cut" to the female shape? (waste smaller than hips?) At least, that's the way they look to me. (Hmmmmm -- just turned on the TV to the Fox News network. Bridget Quinn, one of the "Info babes" reporting on that channel, is wearing a nice business suite and a pair of slingback sandles (with, it looks like, 4" heels). Sharp!!!!!)) ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

since i will be 50 on my next birthday, in January, I think the days for me of having curvy buns are all but past (although I am in pretty good physical condition.....I'm not as "slim" as I once was)...... ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well I am 6'4"+ and have a normal inseam of 35 to 36". And with a 32" waist and 36" hips, I find that the womens low-rise styles fit best, although I have found a few of the high waisted styles that fit well too. I am nearly 40 and still like to wear jeans that are tight and bum showing. I used to live in 501 Levis, and then found womens 501's fit better when I tried a pair on by accident, I then branched out, and found that Levis made jeans in really long lengths (or they used too... ;) ) But now that I have found these other styles I am much happier again. TightLevisandHHBoots

Have you looked at the Nordstrom's site yet? They have Seven For All Mankind in Tall with a 35" inseam. Seven's aren't nearly in style as much as they were a few years ago, YET they still remain a staple in any woman's desinger denim closet. I have more than a few pairs of these and I can't recommend them more--for comfort (usually 2% Lycra and 98% cotton), for a modern denim look (their color is still Urban), and their versatility (they can be dressed down for casual meetings or dressed up for a night on the town).

I'm sure there are other designers that might fit you better but thought you might appreciate the above link...good luck on your search. I've never personally bought from the GAP, but I know their long inseams are advertised at 36" in length.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Having a 29 ~ 30" waist and 34" inseam I never find my size in men's jeans. Women's sz 8 or 10 tall fit the best depending on the brand. I discover my wms size from handme downs from my daughter. Lee Riders seem to fit me the best. Jeff I'll have to give Levi's a try.

Well...I'm quite a bit over the hill a bit further than most of you guys and Mickey says that I have no back porch ever. After saying that...I have been told that I look good in my girly jeans and most people didn't even know that they were girl's jeans. They fit me much better than the men's jeans and are quite comfortable being of a material that isn't thick and unflexible like the material in men's jeans. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I can recommend sevens (KH just pointed out the reasons); for the human kind, and there is another brand called CHiP & Pepper which are pretty good. GAP is also a good way to go...especially their new curvy cut

Thanks for all the recommendations!! I will continue to look and try, as I think I like my tight jeans as much as I like to wear my hhboots. :D The Gap jeans come in 38 inseam as do some of the "Cruel Girl" jeans. But both are a higher waist than my Levis that I love. Unfortunately Levis no longer will make my long inseam jeans, so I have to move on. I like a ultra-low rise like Levis too-superlow, although the 518 superlow is not too bad. The Gap and the CG both are a little higher than the Levi's 518's. If anyone comes across jeans that are tight, with about a 7 to 8" rise with a 38" inseam let me know, as I will try them out right away. Thanks again all!!!! ;):lol: TightLevis and HH Boots

Interesting - don't know why I started wearing women's jean - probably a better range of bootcut styles. Once I started wearing them, I just didn;t buy male jeans anymore! Good to see others doing the same. No one has ever noticed or commented, indeed jeans are pretty unisex.

As I thought that was the only way to get a 36 to 38" inseam.

Hi tightlevisandhhboots,

I don't know if I understood your question correctly. Or if you placed your question correctly. In my opinion the length of jeans is always measured at the outer seam. Simply the distance below the upper waist and the lowest part of your trouser legs. Isn't the inseam the inner length of your jeans legs ;) Please guys, enlighten me!

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I got started wearing girls jeans because the guys here were wearing them with their boots. I soon found the fit and feel was much better than the male jeans. Like someone said, they are unisex and no one has looked or commented on them in any way. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I also have jeans with a 36 inch inseam and can wear five inch heels quite easily with them.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

36" is my standard size to wear with regular boots. 35" is my standard with flats, and my 38"s are what I wear with my 3.5 and 4" boots, and there is still plenty of heel to show with the 38". I would have to find someone who makes a 40" inseam to cover 5" and not show much! ;)

TLAHHBs

Well, depending on how tall you are, you don't want your inseam to be too long to the point where they're actually dragging on the ground. Not only is that unsightly, it wears out the hem. A few weeks ago, I watched a girl wearing too long jeans actually trip and nearly fall. Watching from across a street, I fought to keep from laughing. FYI.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I prefer wearing low rise women jeans, almost all I have look somehow girly (no back pockets, or no pockets at all, and one pair have zipper on the back side). There are more styles available, and I find men jeans all look almost the same.