Does anyone else like boots with stilletto heels?

thighhighs

I thought that maybe I could find someone else on this board that likes (thighhigh) boots with stilletto heels.

First let me just say that I don't mind pumps, ankle or knee high boots at all.

What I do have problems with is shoes with open toes, sandals, slingbacks or wedge heels, big block heels or similar.

I would rather be cought dead than to wear such styles, but that is my own opinion, and I do accept that others like them.

Here are my thigh high boots with 5 inch heels. Haven't worn them in public yet, and probably never will. I like the design so I'll keep them just in case...

Posted Image

And here are my ankle boots with 5 inch heels.

Posted Image

My lovely 4 inch boots that fits like a glove. These I will wear in public for sure. I have done it a few times, but mostly when it was dark.

Posted Image

My other pair of 4 inch boots...

Posted Image

Wearing heels in public is a little turn on for me, but mainly I love the design, style and the comfort of heels. I feel that heels are much better for my feets than hard men shoes. The only other shoes I really like are sneakers, but that's another story...

I know that there are some here that like high boots with stilletto heels. For example Highluc who had bought some really nice boots with stilletto heels, who's picture I saw somewhere on this board.

Or Trolldeg (Tjaba) who wore a great pair to a party earlier.

I also would like to wear heels to work, but I don't think I'd get much support from my co-workers. We are 20 peoples in my office, more than half of them are 50+, we have 3 ladies who apperently don't know anything about shoes and the rest, hmmm, might work...

Also my girlfriend doesn't know and I dare not tell her 'cause she's like the ladies at my work and she's also very narrow minded.

I guess I'll only be wearing heels when I'm alone, in the future as well.

My page - http://thighhighs.topcities.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thighhighs on 2002-05-14 10:20 ]</font>

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

Thigh (and crotch) highs are my favorites ! They must have a high stiletto heel of course. I love the global feeling they give, both on the feet and the legs. But I also think they are the hardest style to wear for a "man in heels".

I have a pair of thigh high boots with a 5.25" stiletto heel. A strap over the front of the ankle and chains up the side and I must say they are quite comfortable. I gonna wear outside with my shorts and really give the locals something to think about :smile:

They're great, Thighighs. I got to get myself a pair too some day but I have to be able to try them on first before I buy and there isn't a single shop in this country that I know of that sells them. br Bert

What's all the fuss about?

i dont like most thigh high boots, unless they are tight fitting, dont like the baggy look, I much prefer knee high boots, and i also dont like stilettos...i much preffer chunky or wedge heel styles.. :smile: guess you and i are almost complete opposites in what we like in heel/shoe styles, but as long as we both like em, thats all that really matters :smile:

To HighBoots:

I agree, it's the hardest style for a man to wear. But I think that you should wear what you feel comfortable in (even though I myself haven't done it yet...)

Have you got any yourself? Any pictures?

I've actually never seen a male in stillettoes (except for my self) in real life but, why not? I like them... and it doesn't have to be thigh high boots even though I've had problems finding anything else with 4" heels.

Does anyone know a good place in Scandinavia or internetshop in Europe who sell 4" stillettoes?

Francis:

I have a pair of thigh high boots with a 5.25" stiletto heel.

Have you worn them outdoors anytime? You don't have to scear your neighbourhood just for me, but if you do, tell me what happened.

Bert:

They're great, Thighighs. I got to get myself a pair too some day but I have to be able to try them on first before I buy and there isn't a single shop in this country that I know of that sells them.

A tip if you want to/can buy over the internet, go to a good search engine (Altavista, Googles...) and search for 'thighhigh boots' or similar in different languages. Also E-Bay (www.ebay.com) has a lot of thigh high boots.

I will not make any advertising for those who sell there, but choose a seller with lot of good feedback. I've bought some of my items from there and were very happy with it.

(For example, my boots above on white background costed 39$ + 19$ in S&H, I've found almost the same in a swedish shop for over 320$. Maybe there is a difference in quality but both were real soft leather, and who cares, I can buy 5 boots from the net for the same price.)

Just remember, you have to pay custom taxes when ordering from out of EU.

terayon:

Yes, I guess we are so far apart regarding heel styles that we can be. But each is his own individual. I have actually got a pair of boots with wide heels. I don't know the definition of them but this is how they looks like; (And these I've worn a lot in public)

Posted Image

br

Thighhighs

I love the look of stilleto boots but haven't had the courage to wear them outside. Only done block and blade heels outside. Someday, I will. I like the look of your ankle boots. Thigh boots are a bit clumsy for outdoor wear.

Thank you, loveheel. I'm in the same situation, I haven't worn them outside in any crowded place yet, but I will. The ankle boots comes from Ebay and are very nice to wear. The only problem is the laces, the upper part is only with hooks, not holes. So after a while the laces slids of the hooks and 'fall apart'. I dont really agree with that thigh high boots are clumsy to wear. What's the difference between outdoor or indoor wearing? I think that the height actually makes them more stable to wear than a ordinary shoe. But the clumsy part comes when you take them on or off.

Hello, I also like the look of stiletto boots - but it's definatlz not the onlz style I'm looking for! Well, it's the same here, also haven't had the courage to wear anz stilett heeled shoes/boots out in the public...

I quite like stilletto heels too. I'm looking for a nice pair, although probably ankle boots rather than thigh-highs. I'd wear them outside if I could find them!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Stiletto heels are my favourites, and I would love to try walking in 4 inch heels. Don't think my wife will agree though :smile: I did ok in some 3" white stilettos at a friends house once as a "dare" I'm sure you all know what I mean by that (they dared me but I was willing anyway) I also walked in 3" stiletto boots (calf high only, sorry to disappoint thighhighs <G>) <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shyguy on 2002-05-18 22:03 ]</font>

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I find stilletos no harder to wear than block heels, but there definitely is a difference in appearance. Stilletos are clearly womens shoes. With block heels, even the 4 inch high ones, people just seem to be "confused" as to whether the shoes are womens or mens. Not that it matters to me. Just saying there is a different reaction.

I prefer stilettos, but then they don't quite match my physical appearance, unless they start fairly broad and then graduate to a point. Hence, my usual liking and suitability for block and blade type heels.

Boots every day for me, with a stiletto heel as long as the floor will permit, otherwise a little wider, but I cover up with trousers so ankle high suits me. Block heels never seem to be as comfortable

I have in excess of 10 pairs of thigh highs including one pair of "chap boots" with 5.5 inch heels. My favourites at the moment have five inch heels and fit really snugly up the leg. I have worn some black suede boots with 4.5 stilettos once or twice and whilst at college I worn thigh boots with 4 inch block heels more often than not.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Nice to see that there are more people here than just me who like stillettoes. As I said before, I haven't dared to wear them in public yet, although the more I read through the posts in this forum I think I'll give it a try soon. I'll let you know, and if possible some pictures also... To those of you who actually have worn them outdoors, have you got any negative comments or any jokers about it? Have you got some pictures with you wearing them? As 'loveheel' wrote; "Stilletos are clearly womens shoes. " This is why I think it's a larger step :smile: to wear this style than there is to wear block heels, which could be taken for menshoes. Even if 4" are a bit high for men, I still like... no, love the design of a nice stilletto heel. Maybe I should have been born woman instead, then I could wear what ever I choose.

On 2002-05-27 10:17, thighhighs wrote:

As 'loveheel' wrote; "Stilletos are clearly womens shoes. " This is why I think it's a larger step :smile: to wear this style than there is to wear block heels, which could be taken for menshoes. Even if 4" are a bit high for men, I still like... no, love the design of a nice stilletto heel. Maybe I should have been born woman instead, then I could wear what ever I choose.

Block heels are - at least in our views - more masculine yes, but to the general public they clearly are not. The block (no pun) to wearing stilettos is probably only in our own mind.

I think the people who'll notice you're wearing stiletto's will also notice when you are wearing blocks. (Although stiletto's might attract the attention a bit faster due to the sound they make.)

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Had very little reaction lately to my not very obvious stilettoes or fairly narrow heels. At present most women still in block or blade so I'm not obviously copying current women's style - may be that helps? its more distinctly me

How I long for the days when woman wore stillettoes a decady ago. Maybe they don't, there were a lot of people who got problems with their feets in those pointed toes, but so far I don't have any problems. Haven't worn them so much to actaully get any problems though. Don't mind the bladeheel so much. I just think it's ugly when the heel starts behind your heel of the foot. Specially after they have been used a while (at least by some people), when they aren't vertical anymore but rather at an angle backwards and looks as they would break any minute.

The main reason why these heels bend outwards (kick out) is because the heel is slightly too high for the shoe shape. Otherwise it could be that the manufacturer put say a size seven heel on a size six boot.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I think maybe, sitletto heels are the start for most of us here. I remember it pritty clearly, When I was in school there where women on TV wearing stiletto heels. (not in mu home town, now way) and that realy got me interested in high heels. Now my tase has somewhat changed but I stil like stiletto's a lot, they just look good.

On 2002-05-29 23:36, Dr. Shoe wrote:

The main reason why these heels bend outwards (kick out) is because the heel is slightly too high for the shoe shape. Otherwise it could be that the manufacturer put say a size seven heel on a size six boot.

Perhaps it is not a characteristic of custom or designer shoes, but my experience has always been that manufacturers tend to use the exact shape and size of a particular heel (whether stilletto or block) on the same shoe model, irregardless of size. Thus: a 5" heel on a size 6 results in a greater arch curve, and resultant strain on the size 6 foot, than it will cause on a size 12 shoe and foot, identical model. Also, a size 6 shoe with a 5" heel has much more aesthetic appeal than the same shoe in size 12 with the same 5" heel. And finally, if we take a purely equality of experience (or hardship?) point of view, it is still much harder for a woman to walk comfortably in a size 6/5" heel than it would be for the average man in the same shoe in a size 12/5" heel!

It has long been my contention that shoe manufacturers should take this into account. In these days of computerized manufacturing, inventory control, and micro marketing, that allows Lee jeans to offer a service for about $125/pr to design one's own "designer" jeans (I read about it recently, don't know if it was, in fact, ever fielded), it shouldn't be too much of a hardship for shoe manufacturers to proportionally size the heels based on the size. Where, for example, a size 6/5" heel exists, the size 12 shoe (aproximately 1/4 longer?) would merit a 6-1/4" heel. What say you, Dr. Shoe (or for that matter the distaff members of the board)?

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

In actual fact, most of the "quality" manufacturers tend to go more for the shape than heel height so at size 6 say the heel would be 4" and at 12 it would be nearly 5". It is dependant on how the shoe is marketed: If they are trying to sell '5" stilletos', then they will go for the heel height.

Would you care to enlighten us as to which brands fit into the "quality" shoe category (Jante?), expected price range, and if such shoes are actually made in Eur size 44-45 (and available for ordering/purchase across the pond)?? Pleeze! :smile: _________________ Hi-Heeled Boots, Bodysuits, and Back-Zipper Pants R wikkid-kool (on me, or U)! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-06-10 04:09 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks