Platforms

Debbie(HK)

Unh Huh! ;) Just the thing for high altitude work.:o

Just one question: Do you have trouble keeping the scuff marks cleaned off them?

Posted Image

I try as hard as I can to keep the wearing to places where they don't get scuffed - however - dabbing them lightly with cotton wool soaked in slightly diluted nail-varnish remover - is magical for removing marks if any arise.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Posted Image

I try as hard as I can to keep the wearing to places where they don't get scuffed - however - dabbing them lightly with cotton wool soaked in slightly diluted nail-varnish remover - is magical for removing marks if any arise.

Good choice, but alcohol (non-drinking variety) might be a little easier on the finish. Still, in my experience the biggest problem with white shoes is that they show the scuffs so readily. I can even find scuffs on my brown shoes, but at least they don't show up like they do on my white shoes.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Well, the wooden shoes don't look like they would be too comfortable. My guess is that they lack the padding under the balls of the feet that I've come to demand in plats. Still, they're some sexy looking shoes.;)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

What do people really see in platforms?? Most people already know my views on this subject but it has to be said. In my opinion they are very ugly.

Debbie

As other posters have said, there's a huge variation in type and style of platform footwear. Some styles are a bit OTT for my taste but many of them look fantastic. That said, I never really get much of a buzz from wearing them. They can be clumpy, heavy and/or inelegant and they often don't have that "arched-foot, high heeling" feeling that you get when you don, stand and walk in a 'proper' pair of high heels. You feel taller sure, but if that's all there is, it just isn't enough!

Always High-Heel Responsibly

What do people really see in platforms?? Most people already know my views on this subject but it has to be said. In my opinion they are very ugly.

Debbie

I definitely have a problem with them, myself. Especially the ones with the cork, like the Jessica Simpson "Barb" pump.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JESSICA-SIMPSON-BARB-Sz-6-NEW-Red-Patent-Leather_W0QQitemZ140096620314QQcategoryZ63889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The cork part takes away the beauty of the shoe. It's gross and unsightly!

The first boots I ever owned (and still have, stashed away in a box) were a pair of platform knee length boots. The platform is 3/4 of an inch thick, and the heel its 4 3/4 inches high, and they are very chunky indeed.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/balacau/Misc%20stuff/misc/black3.jpg

This is the picture I saved from ebay of the boots themselves.

I understand that super-massive platforms (and wedges for that matter) can look hideous. I have a friend who has a pair of white Demonia Stack-301 I believe they are called, which the highest point on the wedge-heel is about 6 3/4 inches? Although she's already 5'10 but hey I don't mind that at all! And I dont think she minds either, although she fell down the stairs with them on a couple of days ago and hasn't mentioned them since...

As for my boots, perhaps many people in here would think they are really horrible, but perhaps its more than just a style thing for me as these were the first pair of boots (I dont have any shoes) I ever owned and wore. Just makes me think there is something very special about them, its like they have sentimental value.

I learned the truth a long time ago, being afraid of the dark is what keeps most of us alive...