I have returned !

Francis

where from I'm not sure it's been a bit of a bumpy 9 months for me. Homeless for most of it, living in the car, mumping meals where I can, but I have settled in a flat. still haven't got the place sorted, but a place is for living not for show ;) hopefully, I can now get back to my old duties of spying on everyone, sorry, did I say spying, I meant assisting. with a bit of luck I may be out on the meetings again soon anyway, I'm back and here to stay

Welcome back, Francis! If your wondering who I am, I'm just a rabid poster who joined during your absence.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Nice to have you return, Francis. Sorry to hear you've been experiencing "hard times." Hope you will land upright soon. Welcome back. Your presence here has been missed.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I was thinking about you the other day and wondering who would fill your place on the moderators group. I thought you had just gone off of it. it does happen. I am really sorry to hear you have had a rough time of it, I hope you manage to pull things back together. we missed you. Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

Although it might be painful, please tell something about the circumstances that caused you to find yourself in such a "unpositive" position, if you care to, and is there anything we can do to make things easier?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I'm glad that youhave bounced back and that you are back here Kapla!

Hoverfly ; Whats up with that??

Sarcasm ;)

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

The full story christmas day, last year, we had our car broken into and various items stolen including baby photos that can't be replaced as the child in question died aged 5 days :D repeated attempts by thieves to break in to the flat and the non-action of the letting agency led to us having to put all our belongings into storage (a caravan on a friends driveway) and then move into a different friends spare room. two weeks later, a large argument ensued and we found ourselves living in our car for a little while. we then spent a few weeks round at my mothers (which was nice of her), but someone 'grassed' her to the council who then wanted to know all about us and why we were there. we explained that we weren't there on a permanent basis, but still had to move back into the car. Around living our car and mumping meals and baths around various acquaintances we pretty much lived rough as we had absolutely no income. come march, a friend told us that another friend of ours ran a bed and breakfast. a quick conversation later and the double room was duly taken. with a slightly more permanent address we could claim social security money (the dole to some of us), but it meant that we could have less reliance on others. this lasted 6 weeks when the council refusing to pay the full amount for the room claimed that we were asking too much and started asking too many silly and repetitive questions. landlady was not happy and asked us to leave. back to square one, but not quite, we still had permission to use the b&b as an address, thus allowing us to continue claiming the dole. then the same friend we had an argument with said that she had a winnebago sat in her yard that was doing nothing and that we could sleep there at nights. since we weren't in the house, we weren't under her feet and couldn't cause friction and this worked well until the end of may when the council had passed our information to a housing association who contacted us and then offered a one bed flat, which we took, as it may have been a while longer before they offered anything else. so since june I have been fairly happy, except for an idiot living below us that claims we are making too much noise. since when has going to the toilet made lots of noise, since when did a small clock manage to make so much noise that him downstairs can't sleep and no-one else in the block can hear it. his latest stunt was dumping 2 bags of rubbish on the bonnet of my car, so we had the police out on him for anti-social behaviour. so far he has been quiet after me and the wife threatened him. some of you may know that I spend some of my time performing with an entertainer called Dr. Busker. recently there was a split in the group after some of the other members over-expressed their opinion of myself and my wife's involvement. thus, there is a second group name that some of us who perform most of the year go by and the old name will stay with the part timers. luckily, things are coming back down out of the clouds and back to reality. performances are returning to normal and live is too ;) soon, we celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, by having a blessing on the day followed by a damn good party. 2 entertainers (Dr.Busker and Winston the singing farmer) have agreed to attend and perform for everyones amusement. all in all it will be a day to remember. you wanted to know and, no, it wasn't painful :lol:

Whew, Francis, it sound like a soap opera story to me. Has anyone offered to negotiate the "film rights" yet? Sorry. I hate to see anyone going through such hard times. While my wife and I experienced our days of "want and desire" for the basics of life while taking care of two infants and finishing our college degrees, It is hard for me to imagin having to live in a car during the late winter months in the UK (or anywhere else, for that matter). Having known several aspiring musicians, actors, authors and performers of one type or another over the years, they all have one good piece of advice in common and that is "don't ever quit your day job." Hope things turn around for you soon.

Francis:-) Welcome back, my friend. It is so good to hear from you again. That is quite a story that you and your wife have come through, but I hope that things are turning around for the both of you by now. Certainly from living in a car to living in a flat is a great step up for you. Cheer up as things are bound to fair better for you and you will look back on these times later in life with a much different light. Congrats to you both. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!