Try-on-o-fest!

Dr. Shoe

I was off work yesterday so I went to Bluewater with the aim of trying on everything in sight. I found out that the black pull-on knee boots in Marks are a beautiful fit in a sz8 as are the tan cuban heel boots with the grainy finish. I found that the 42 wide boots in Next also fit beautifully too. I found that at least 80% of the boots in New Look fit well. I found a georgeous pair of heeled riding boots in House Of Fraser (nice fit) I found that the sales staff don't bat an eyelid when a man tries on heels. Ok, ok, I knew that last one already!!! It was heaven spending six hours trying on!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

In Marks, in Asda, Tesco and in Next the 8s are 42s and generally fit me. In others, 41s fit quite well like in New Look and (some styles) in Dolcis.

Stores that do 9s are Evans (up to 10), Dolcis (own brand only), and of course Next.

Brand names that tend to fit me are Bronx and Kaliko.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Disappointingly, I've always found Faith's 9s to be on the small side. Only time I had the opposite experience was when I found a size of their "Tina" style (remember those anyone??) in size 10 in Milton Keynes. They were way too big for my little (size 9) feets. Still, it was an unusual experience having to say "sorry, they're too big"!! River Island are generally good - their 8s are usually ok, but that might be because the leather is usually good quality so it will give a little more.

i went to bluewater yesterday,i bought a pair of black suede wedge courts with a 4 inch heel,in barratts ,they are lovely......size 8 ,i must admit they are a little loose but i'd rather that than too tight,i have found barratts sizes to be a bit on the large side,but i think 7 is a bit tight......i cant wait to wear them out polly