Take the lables off!!!

If its a cheap paper label I'll toke it off, but the transparent ones I tend to leave as long as they dont have more than a Brand, size or country of origin.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The only stickey labels that don't come off early on in the wearing cycle, are the ones that are up close to the top of the heel. They are unsightly and most people just forget to look at the underside of their new shoes before they wear them out for the first time. ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Time to get out the magic markers..... ;)

Even worse Bubba if it's a light colored sole.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Nigel wrote " At a heel meet I told Heelfan off once for wearing some boots with lables still on." He really is the worst for that. Labels annoy me because it detracts from the shoe, although if they're a really nice pair labels are usefull to know where the lady got them from and how much they are!

Now, there are classy ways of marking shoes with brand, place of purchase and pirce paid. Hot iron branding with logos or store names is one way. While I wouldn't mind seeing "Peachies" branded into the soles of my heels in small but easily recognizable lettering, I think I wouldn't like to see $205.00 marked underneath the lettering. And, as an aside, I don't think there's a thing wrong if Peachy decided to include her firms' name, addrerss and telephone number (or email address) somewhere inside of the shoes where it could be seen. After all, even Parada inserts their label inside their shoes. ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Printed boxes are a convenient way of exhibiting merchant's information for products they sell. Until sales become sufficient to support the cost of printing, I would investigate printing peel-and-stick labels to place onto the boxes when they are stocked onto the shelves. Crack and Peel labels can also be used as mailing labels by placing them on parcels that are to be shipped off of the business site. Additionally, I have been using a "crack and peel" business card with great success. Crack-and-peel business card (business-sticks) can be used as regular business cards by having the size, look and feel of regular business cards, but the face of the card can be peeled off and placed onto the cover of telephone directories, package, or any convenient surface (even Role-a-dex index cards) to put your shop's identy up front and very noticable.

Some of those labels are extremely hard to get off and because of that I can see why most people will leave them on. By working slowly, I can usually peal them off in one piece, but some are not going to come off in one piece no matter what. Nigel made a suggestion to try WD-40 to take labels off. I haven't tried that yet but it sounds like a good thing to try. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

The trick with using stick-on labels is tofind a brand formulated with an adhesive that has a release point strong enough to adhere to the surface until they are no longer needed and can be easily peeled off. It's a chemistry thing and easily accomplished by glue makers.

Thanks Lindsay for the warning. That's something to be cautious about. I have used a product called Googone to take the sticky residue off of things after the labels are taken off, but have not tried to soften the whole label with it in order to remove the label. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hmm! Goo Gone!

Posted Image

Goo Gone

Get glue, gum, grease, stickers, crayon off hard surfaces.

Need to lift glue? Old stickers on bumpers? Dried tape on a window? Goo Gone works. We promise.

We've used it to remove stickers on products, old tape and glue. It lifts chewing gum. Grease, tar or motor oil.

Lipstick, mascara, blood.

Shoe polish, crayon and more.

If it's sticky -- you can rely on Goo Gone to get it off.

Safe for use on carpets, upholstery, clothing, wood, cement, metal, glass, plastic and acrylic.

Just a few drops will do it.

8 oz. bottle.

Never heard of it before. So, I did a google and discovered a lot of neat stuff for doing all kinds of things. Another product: "Sticker Lifter" does similar chores.

Sticker Lifter

Posted Image

Clean adhesive - tape, stickers, glue, gum & more.

This is the best way we know to take adhesive off glass, baked-on tape off windows, price labels off products, bumper stickers off your car.Even removes glue, epoxy & chewing gum too. Leaves surface clean - no smeary residue. Plastic scraper literally lifts entire sticker - no picking at corners, no mess on your fingers. Just a few drops releases adhesive bond. 100% guaranteed. Cleans glass, plastic, acrylic, wood, chrome, marble & more.No need to wash window after use - surface is perfectly clear & clean. 2 oz. bottle & tool.

Anyone that is interested in learning more about some of these products can go to:Goo Gone

I have a trick for getting labels off -- especially useful for those nasty ones where the label peels off and leaves the glue behind. As mentioned earlier, solvents may work in these cases but I have found that a solvent strong enough to do some good often has some other unpleasant side-effect (such as smearing coloring or partially dissolving the underlying surface). For those nasty gobs of goo that some labels leave behind I use a piece of sticky tape to lift the remaining adhesive off. I find that ordinary masking tape works, apply it to the gooey area and press it down good. I usually rub it briskly with a fingernail to get good adhesive contact. Then peel the tape back gently and more often than not the gooey mess sticks to the tape harder than it sticks to the surface. It may take several applications like this to lift away all the goo but it works and leaves no residue. I have used "Scotch" tape in this way, as well as vinyl electrical tape. But ordinary masking tape seems to work as well as anything.

Have a happy time!

Hah, and there was I in Peachy shoes catching up on the goings on and I get told off by heelfan for reminding everybody that he was caught out! As for the WD40, this product is not a 'fix in a tin' it is there to be used drop by drop. Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

Bubba136:-) Thanks for your research on Googone. I have used this product for many things for many years and it only takes a few drops to do the job. A bottle lasts forever and I keep one in the garage and one in the house. I get them at the Dollar Store for a $1.00, of course. I have also used the masking tape method of removing the glue residue, especially from smooth surfaces. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 4 months later...

I agree that the lable are tacky, and I remove them from my shoes. But I kind of like it when women don't remove them, and I can see exactly what size they are wearing. Sometime you can also tell a shoe size in a photo if they have lef the lable on, as is often the case in fashion photo shoots.

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to see labels on the bottom of shoes too. Although as Latextex said, it is nice if you're admiring a girl's shoes and then realise that they'd fit you! What's worse than the labels to me though is when you see a girl wearing a pair that's so badly in need of reheeling that she's lost the tips and is walking on the exposed metal shank. Ugh. I saw this at work a couple of days ago, very attractive girl in a pair of gorgeous black leather stiletto ankle boots and the heels were ruined. Chris

I recall being at a family wedding about 30 years ago and kneeling down in church for prayers. A lady in the row in front of me did the same, revealing her shoe soles with a very prominent sticker on one saying 'Faded - to clear, £2'. Apart from them being a purple colour (faded??) I can't remember the shoes, but I doubt that they were very exciting, given the prevailing fashions. I do remember several other people spotting the label and sniggering. Nearly as much fun as the old practical joke of writing HE and LP on the groom's soles so that they spelled out HELP to the congregation when he knelt down 'out front'!

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda makes you wonder why they have to put the stickers on in the first place. I know, they have to price the shoes but how about a really radical idea -- put the price tag and barcode on the box!! Or maybe on an easily removeable tag. Yes, certain styles like pumps or mules do not have straps and thus are not easily taggable but the box idea still works.

Have a happy time!

The shoes still need size labels to make sure they get in the right boxes, or even that there are two of the same size. I got some in the mail with two different sizes in the box, and they were marked, but not clearly. Some mfrs. stamp the size on the sole, some put decals on, some put a sticky label on the sole. With pumps, it should be possible to stamp the inside, as in men's shoes.

Sometimes the size labels are little round transparent dots with the size number marked in gold. These are almost invisible unless you turn the shoe over and look for them.

Have a happy time!