talk about brazen!

w6ish

its a beauty autumn day where i am and i was considering a walk through the market sporting a pair of my black boots. didn't get to them unfortunately but saw my 15 year old strap on my wife's black 7.5 inch heels and watched her walk out the door!!! last year, when she was 14, and size 8, she could fit her mother's shoes and she snatched those 7.5's and took them to school and we didn't see them again till June! now she is 15, size 9 and so much for wearing them to school, she's wearing them to the movies with her friends! i watched her out the window and she moves along in them pretty well. looks like she got her practice in them at the school. that girl has got some attitude!

She sure sounds like a chip off both blocks, white_6_inch_spike_heels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

While my two daughters occasionally had an "attitude," they followed their mother's fashion sense and not mine. While both are still in their 20's, they usually wear 3½" heels when dressed up.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Taliheels:-) You've got something there. Lindsay:-) YUCH!!!!!!! Bubba136:-) A 3.5" heel is very nice for a dress-up heel. A go anywhere, do anything, comfortable all day wearing heel. I'll bet they both look very nice when dressed up and I'm sure that you are very proud of their accomplishments, not just heel wearing. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well, how about that. :wink: Like mother, like daughter. I'm worried that she may be getting the wrong kind of attention from her classmates, W6ISH. What else is she wearing with those? EDIT: Must've been quite a challenge going up and down the stairs in those super-tall heels.

she's quite a character to say the least. when she wears the black super heels, last year in school she wore them with a black stretch mini dress! sheesh! last weekend though she was wearing a pair of those low rise jeans and a black t shirt: pretty normal stuff until you look down and see her shoes! i must say i'm rather envious of her being able to wear those no problems at all anywhere she wants to go. me, i have to take a deep breath before i walk out the door in my 7.5 inch heels.

What is her attitude about your wearing high heels? If she is ok with it, perhaps you can go out together in heels and she can absorbe some of the "collective shock" ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

she is absolutely okay with me and my heels. one time the two of went to the symphony and i wore my cupid boots with the 6 inch heels. she got a kick out of the older folks staring at my boots and found it amusing that people would react in such a way over something as basic as footwear. so now she doesn't care at all what people think when she goes out in her mother's black 7.5's.

To put a new twist on an old saying, "Like father, like daughter"

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

W_6_I_S_H:-) Your daughter is only 15, but it sounds like she will very quickly become a high heel girl. What does your wife feel about her straping on her shoes and taking off in them? Any comments? Cheers--- Dawn HH

my wife doesn't mind at all when the young lass straps on the wild and crazy 7.5 inch heels and takes off out the door. like me, my wife tells her to watch her step. like today for example, another absolutely beautiful hot day where i am. too hot for my black boots! but perfect for black sandals with a 7.5 inch stiletto heel. not on me though, on her, she's gone again with her friends to where else? the mall and the sunday afternoon movies. again i watched as she made her way down the steps and onto the sidewalk and down the street... dang she's good! the girl just doesn't care what people think.

Dear W6ISH, seeing as many lucky Canadians in your area (and at your local mall) get to see your daughter strutting her stuff, maybe you could convince her to allow you to post a pic or two? After all, as connoissieurs of heels, many of the members of this forum particularly appreciate her plat-wearing! It'd also be interesting to hear whether her platform sandal wearing habits influence any of her friends - do you know whether any of them have expressed an interest or followed her example? Best wishes, SP.

i had some pictures of her in her black mini dress from last spring but she has changed considerably since then, so maybe i can get an updated photo. her friends i think are a bit jealous of her wearing those super high heels because they are huge in the attention gathering. none of her friends have become high heel wearers so she is really leading the way. i envy her casual attitude when she straps them onto her feet and walks out the door! i on the other hand am getting ready for halloween. halloween for me has always been an excuse to go over board in the white high heels department. this year i am going as the naughty nurse! i have this white mini dress coming, made of spandex and lycra, with red trim and a red cross plus a little hat. i haven't made up my mind about the hose... i was thinking either white fish nets or white hose, the type that goes up to mid thigh and stays up on their own, don't know what you call them. i might buy those ones with the little white bows on them to add a bit of flash... the party is on the 29th so i will keep you posted as to how it goes.

oh yes i forgot to mention the best part!!! for shoes i am going to wear my white 7.5 inch heels from pierre silber, the same ones pictured in my avatar. i have been having a lot of fun with those since July and i am going to continue to have a lot of fun with those!

W6ISH:-) Children grow so fast when they begin to grow that just a couple of months can make a hugh difference in their appearance. Some pics would be nice. It sounds like she is developing into a fine young lady. Her feet may not fit your wife's shoes for very long and you will be buying her a pair of her own. It is easy to see why her friends would be jealous of her. Maybe some of them will follow in her footsteps, (Pun intended), if they can get parental permission to purchase a pair of heels for themselves. Your costume sounds like a lot of fun. The hose you are looking for are called thighhighs in the U.S. and in the UK they refer to them as hold-ups. The white ones with the little bows would be a nice addition. Be sure and keep us all up to date on this and don't forget the pics. Cheers--- Dawn HH