Chunky, or spiky?

ShockQueen

Ok...here's a new one for you to chew on....

What is your favorite type of heel - chunky, or stiletto (spiky)?

For myself, I prefer the chunky-heeled styles as they have better support - although I'm not fond of the OVERLY-chunky ones - just like the ones I've been posting lately - kinda like this:

Posted Image

What do you think? Which style of heel do you find most pleasing?

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

It depends. I wear more chunky ones, I prefer to see spiky ones; chunky ones are more versatile with regard to occasion and surface, spiky ones cut a dash for an evening; chunky ones look better on larger (male) frames, spiky ones better on thinner (female) frames; chunky ones look better with trousers, spiky ones look better with skirts. If you really wanted to pin me down on it, I'd say a thickish blade was my favourite style.

Well, I do like both, the stilettos and the chunky/block styles! Anyway my favoite is the wedge heel. It's always nice to have some different styles to choose from :smile: best wishes Joak

Women stilettos, men chunky. It's a matter of my preferences. But what ever looks good on a person.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Ditto on the chunky for the men and chunky/stilleto for the women. IMHO not too many guys have the small frame to pull off the stilleto look. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

spike heels and tite boot cut jeans go very well together on a shapely lady _________________ Hi-Heels and Back-Zipper Pants Forever... <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-05-14 13:40 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

On 2002-05-14 13:39, azraelle wrote:

spike heels and tite boot cut jeans go very well together on a shapely lady

Fully agree! I also like to see ladies with blades I gotta say.

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

On 2002-05-14 13:39, azraelle wrote:

spike heels and tite boot cut jeans go very well together on a shapely lady

Fully agree! I also like to see ladies with blades I gotta say.

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm partial to blade heels as well since they combine the best of both worlds.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I definately prefer spikes, but then I don't wear them (any more). Some 'wedges' are nice. Blades I've never heard of. Chunky, generally NO, but elegance is the priority. BTW. When people talk about 4", 5" etc, what toes this refer to ?. The height of the back of the sole, the height added to the wearer ?. Shane

• 2 weeks later...

I also agree with Anthrax - the footwear must suit the rest of the clothing well. There can be really weird ones and also fantastically bright ensembles with spikes and without spikes. But spikes are definitely less modest - their shape is like created to say: "Hey, everybody! Look at me - I' really high and spiky!" The chunky ones hide the height and shape more - sometimes even so, that nobody notices the heels :smile:

HH forever!

• 1 year later...

STILETTOS, PLEASE! Years ago I tried a pair of chunky heels . . . for about an hour. I didn't even get them home! I donated them to Goodwill on the way home.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.