Leather covering or shiny metal

allheel

I've seen a few pictures of those striking heels which end in a thin shiny metal shaft rather than the traditional leather covering or colour matching the shoe. They certainly look attention grabbers but how do they suit your outfits - which do you prefer. I imagine the shiny metal doesn't damage like the leather or colour finish can when your heels sink into the ground a bit.

Shiny metal heels can be great. Why? They coordinate! You see, a silver heel then goes with silver earrings and bracelets, and even make up can go along with this. Mac does make a silvery eye shadow, and silver sparkles never hurt anyone. Having the accent colour as an accent on the shoes is a big bonus. Yes, this is not easy to find, but it's an excellent idea, having metal for the heel at times.

I sometimes wear silver jewelry, pagan type symbols or animals. I think silver heels would go great with some of that. Unfortunately I haven't got any though :-/ But, in general black would be more versatile when putting a look together.

Well I do also like the look of metal heels - but for me they are not really for outdoor wear. I think think the outfit for those could really be the same as for any other stiletto. Yes, they aren't damge by rough ground like lether covered heels, but the problem is that they also could to some damage to some kind of pavement...

Posted Image

best wishes

Joak :smile:

Laurie, I needed to take care about the "pavement" - in this case the wooden stair. On this ground you have to choose beetwen bringing no weight on the heel or leave some nice holes in the ground.... best wishes Joak :smile:

Hi Vicki, those heel are made and sold be Laetherworks - they do also have some ankle boots with metal heels you mentioned. You only need a lot of time, because the orders are deliverd really slow... best wishes Joak :smile:

I'd only wear the shoes at work or out to parties. And there isn't any wood in my apartment, just carpet. Other than snagging and pulling some fibres, no bid deal. And over snow and ice they must offer some sort of grip as they dig into the surface...

I keep enjoying looking at that pic Joak, even though I couldn't even fantasise wearing them. Or high to stand long enough for the picture without resting the heels on the step. I have no heels as thin as that but some tips on wider heels come apart and I'm resting as little as 3 to 5 mm as those look to be. On a good hardwood floor the mark can be tiny and practically invisible I think