Dawn HH - will be off for a while!!!

Hi All --- Just a heads up to let all of Dawn HH poster friends thru out the world, that he has had a STROKE on Monday. 9/12/05. Not too bad - but he is in the hospital at this time. Right now he has a problem with his speech & I won't know too much more till later in the day. I will keep you all aware of his progress. TOOTLES!!! Mickey68

Mickey, Please let him know he is in our thoughts and prayers. Tell him to relax and concentrate on getting better, the board can wait. If there is anything either of you need at all, please don't hesitate to ask. Take care of yourself too and let us know when you can how things are when you are able. Scotty

Ah, how sad to learn that Dawn is laid up for awhile. Please give him our best wishes for a quick and full recovery. If there is anything we can do for him, just ask.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Mickey Wish the very best for both of you. It's ironic how one day he is taking care of you and the next your taking care of him. That's love.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

To All our Friends: Just a big THANK YOU for all the good wishes & prayers for us. I spoke with Dawn this morning & relayed all the good thoughts & wishes you have sent to him & me. He really appreciated it. He told me to let you all know HE WILL BE BACK. His spirits are great & that means a lot. He has some speech problems & is having speech therapy & his right side of his face droops some but other than that he seems pretty good. Thanks again & I'll keep you all current on his progress. TOOTLES!!! Mickey68

To all the guys and gals on the board:-) I'MMMM BAAACCCKKK!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you all. I'm back home from the hospital, and I have to see my PCP in two weeks, my heart doctor in a month, and take speech therapy 3 times a week for the next 3 weeks. I have a bit of a droop on the right side of my mouth and I can't talk straight. Other than that, everything seems O.K., except I'm a little tired. My two typing fingers are O.K. so that will not stop me from posting. My 2 larger cans with a piece of rope are working good so I'm O.K. there. Like so many times I've said..."You can't keep a good poster down". The Miniature Railroad at the Science Center will have to wait for a while until I can get back. Meanwhile, other people are running it in my place. Thank you all for all of your "well wishes" from around the world. They are appreciated much more than you realize. Your a great bunch of guys. I guess that I won't be able to do any street-heeling for a while again, but I do plan on picking it up at a later date. You know me...I don't complicate anything and I don't give up easily either. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Dawn,

Hey there! Great news that your up and about. Take it easy and don't overwelm yourself. Like you said, you have alot of heeling left in you, you just need to push it aside for a bit and concentrate on getting better.

Take care and it is GREAT to see you posting again. Now if they only made heels for your fingers...........actually, they do!!!!

http://search.ebay.com/shoezies_W0QQfromZR8QQpqryZshozies

Scotty

Glad to see you back, Dawn. For what it's worth, the road to recovery is only mildly frustrating. My dad's been through it and he has completely recovered. Yours sounded very similar in effects to what he had.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Happy to see you back, Dawn. Take it easy though. Strokes aren't anything to take lightly. The chances of reoccurance are extremely high.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba136:-) Boy!!! That sure is the truth. When Mickey had her left kidney removed a year ago, she was in the hospital for 3 weeks, the first 5 days in intensive care. Her bill was $35,000.00 then and I'm sure it would be a lot more now. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Yes, I know all about the high cost of hospitalization. Remind me to tell you about the cost of treating my son's spinal cord injury, one day.

I'm sure that it was at a tremendous cost to your family, but if a family member needs treatment, cost is never too much and we try to give them the best treatment possible. As far as I am concerned, this little stint is just a small blip on the radar of life and Mickey needs me to help her get well from her maladies. I can't afford to be laid up any more than is possible right now. When one is down, the other must pick up the slack, so I'm going to bounce back as quickly as possible. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Glad to see your back Dawn HH. I hope you recover soon from the few glitches you experience, and contribute a lot to this place, like you have always been doing.

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.