High heels on the high seas

larry

Saturday, I wore support panty hose under my slacks, polo shirt, and deck shoes. I packed my favorites, 5" black patent stilettos in a canvas bag and headed for the boat. Its a 34 ft cruiser with twin big block chevy engines. No! I'm Not Rich! The boats a family thing. Any way I got to the marina and made small talk with my neighbors and headed out. I got about half way out of the bay, slowed the engines and slipped into my high heels. The feeling was incredible. The compression of the support hose on my legs, The arches of my heels resting on the tubular foot rest accentuated the high heel feeling. It was wonderfull. I promise you that its impossible to stand on a moving boat in 5" heels with nothing to hold on to. I know...I tried it. lol. I got carried away with the rocking of the boat, the wind rushing in the cabin and the slight vibrations of powerfull engines and me in my favorite heels. It was all good. I stayed out longer than I planned and with the prices of fuel it cost more than a few bucks to fill the tanks. Will I do it again? YUP! My wife will not tolerate my fetishism in public but I have worn heels in the house on a regular basis and in the car on long trips with her approval. I'm looking foward to both her and I doing the boat thing in high heels together next time.

Love those heels!

Larry, while my Boston Whaler isn't as large as you boat (28'), I frequently wear my black slides with 4" wedge heels while aboard. I must say, however, I usually kick them off once aboard because, as you say, it's hard to keep your balance on the high seas on such small boats while in heels....

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Larry: Sounds like a great time, let us know whenever you do get out with your wife in your heels :wink: Lindsay: I'd say that a long term (lifetime hopefully) relationship requires a bit of compromise. If larry's wife is accepting of his heels in home and in discrete situations, good for them. I've been able to wear heels around the house from time to time, but untill I find a discrete pair to wear in public I'm not sure if my partner will be too willing to go with it. But, If fashion trends move tward men in heels again then he'd have plenty of experience to push the envelope without getting embarased :lol: Seeya Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Larry:-) Good questions. I don't own a boat, but I would like to know those answers myself. I have a problem sometimes standing up straight on un-undulating pavement, much less on a rolling boat. I can picture your predicament, but with time I'm sure you will get your sea-legs wearing 5" heels on a boat. Keep us all posted if your wife goes to sea with you in her heels. I wonder if she will be able to do better than you on a rolling deck? Let us know. Depending on where we are going or what we are doing, both Mickey and I decide if wearing heels will be appropriate or not. That's part of being married and a normal thing deciding what each will or will not wear when we go out. Nothing wrong with that, but you can't get any more private than a boat. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

When I looked now, my picture was replaced by a box with a red X. Hope that is only temporary. The picture was taken through the door of a veranda on a cruise ship off South America. Don't remember exactly where. I set it up and took it myself.

Dawn: My Boston Whaler is a 28' "Conquest" with a deep V fiberglass hull. It is powered by 2 - 225hp Mercury Outboard motors. Fuel capacity 296 gal. It's a deep water boat and I do use it in the open ocean. (I've only taken it out more than 20 miles off shore from my house a couple of times, though). I just use it for fishing and joy riding up and down the intercostal waterway. I've only had it for a couple of years (purchased it used). It's an expensive hobby and I would sell it if I couild. But, the price of gas has kinda put a crimp in the market at the moment.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba136:-) Thanks for the up-date on your boat. It sounds and looks like a very nice and quite powerful ocean going boat. I can understand what you are saying about the market these days as the price of gas has put a kink into a lot of things. A lot of people would like to dump their SUV's right now, but they are like a bunch of lemons. Nobody wants them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I'm all for boat-heeling, but watch those stilettos. The psi loading of those things is something fierce, and they can severely damage fiberglass, even if the gelcoat on top isn't visibly marred. Even tile manufacturers warn against wearing them on their products.

The only heels I wear onboard are wedge slides (like these:Posted Image ) because they're easy to kick off once I step off the dock onto the boat. I also have a pair of canvas slides without heels that I keep in a locker below deck.

It's like flying an airplane, gallons per hour and burning gasoline to boot$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ It's kind of funny, how long it's been to see diesel cheaper the gas?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Maybe you could run it on used cooking oil, like I have been seeing in the newspapers and television the lately.

That's nothing new, it been done for some time now. You buy your self a VW TDI (diesel) equipped car, all VW cars have that option. There is a conversion kit that you buy and make some arrangements with some greasy spoons and bam a bio diesel car.

http://www.vwdieselparts.com/bio.htm

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

And they smell like McDonalds fries when they go past you. UM-UM!!!

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Hay Dawn, pass the katchup. :wink: Burp

a lot of times, especially in the late afternoon, the fiberglass decks get so hot that you can't walk barefooted on them. Thats were the canvas slides come in handy. :wink:

I mentioned to my wife about going out on the boat together while we're both weariing heels. Shes all for it and i"ll let you you how it turns out. Bubba. Wow. Nice whaler and 450 hp deep hull. Yow. Really nice. My boat is a family thing and we share expenses. Marina fees. Maintainence, ect. As you mentioned, Fuel costs are thru the stratosphere and I'm not spending many $$$$$ on fuel these days. I love your boat and even though i'm a spiked heel fan, I think that I could walk a mile in your oxfords and your boat is great!...Larry.

Love those heels!

It's not a yacht. It's a small runabout. I keep it moored (tied up for those in Rio Linda) at my own dock in my backyard and, park in my garage when it's out of the water. It does go fast (the faster it goes, the more gas it uses) and can handle rougher seas than I can. So, as of now, the only expense I have is fuel, insurance and taxes (so far, no large cost maintenance). And, It's not going to get used a great deal between now and the end November, when I plan on taking it out for the winter .....unless we have a storm before then.

So true, Dawn. I still have my 18' Jon boat with the 25 hp merc outboard that I can use in the tidle marsh where I catch enough, crabs, shrimp and flounder to satisfy our taste.