Wedge/western knee boots.

Rockpup

Hey guys, I decided it was time to get a pair of new boots in the 3-4" range. I've had good luck wearing my 4" cole haan boots while out and about in larger cities, but want something a touch more low key for wearing around my own smaller town. I tried a pair of 2.5" wedge heels from Payless for $25, and while not displeased, I'm not impressed with the quality or comfort. The good part was that when I picked them up I wore them out of the mall, and even with my jeans ending at my ankle, I suspect no-one even noticed that I had heels on at all, I certainly had less attention payed to me then when in other boots :wink:

Here are a few options, so far I've only run into one of the 3 pair in person, but I'll explain why I didnt get them.

The first pair, and the pair I'd most likely buy/wear are by Charles David, they are the "enchanting" model, and with Nordstroms conservative 3.5" heel rating I suspect they would have a 4" heel in my size 9/10.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like these as they have no platform and are pretty low key if you do not count the heel. I figure I should have no problem wearing these around without attracting unwanted attention.

The next style is from BCBGirls, the Mali model. Nordstrom's photos only showed in pink and tan, but bcbg's website shows a nice black leather version that looks pretty nice. These would have a 3-3.5" heel, and go with jeans/dark pants/ leather pants quite well here in the south. The 3" heel is not much higher then alot of 'mens' cowboy boots, that with the thicker, more traditional heel should allow them to blend in a bit. If anyone noticed them they may think they don't like the style, but not immediatly think "those are womens!".. or something. (sorry, a bit tired, I may ramble).

Posted Image

Posted Image

The last model, which has my attention due to heel height, but turns me off due to the platform, is from Vince, the Pinna model. These are also the most expencive models at $200 (The charles david being $180, the BCBG at $170), and they remind me of a pair of wedge heels I considered buying at a fetish shop for $70. Didnt spend the money then, not sure if I'd do it now. I will say the leather and craftsmanship is quite nice. I've yet to try them on with jeans, and the small platform may blend in, or they could be so comfortable I'd stop caring :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'd stopped by a Charles David and BCBG shop earlier today, and neither of these models were availiable. The CD shop had a similer model wedge boot, but with a bit of a platform.

I'll keep you guys updated as far as what I end up getting, if I decide to get them after trying them out.

I did buy a new pair of knee boots from Qualifetish. With luck they will be the first pair of good ballet heels I can wear for extended periods (2-3 hours) while out at a club. I suspect I could hold out for 45min-1 hour in my devious boots as I've spent about that amount of time hobbling around the house in recent times, but with the slightly more forgiving ankle angle of the qualifetish boots I may be in luck :oops:

Seeya

Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

JimC, I'd say any of them would work fine for more descreet street heeling. Good luck.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I would go with the first two pair, myself. The cowboy boots...absolutely no problem wearing them anywhere. I would say the same for the first pair of wedge heeled boots with the exception that the wedge heel is slightly more identifiable on that style of boots as being (more) female than male style.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I agree with Tommy. I wear my Donald Pliner wedge heeled loafer style shoes all over the place and, as far as I can tell, have never even gotten a second glance. Because one thing is they don't make a sound when walking around in them. (And the 3½ - 4" heels feel just great)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I like those Charles David wedges, but the skinny wedge might give them away from the back. But they look comfortable as all get out. Nordstroms, eh? A pretty penny, no doubt. Like many of the other contributors, I agree the cowboys are cool, too. Seems the fall look includes lots of the western/boho look.

"It's just a flesh wound"

Well, the wedge boots with the platform are pushing $200, but none are as bad as some boots I've seen at either Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, or Saks. Price at some point stops being about quality, and becomes about exclusivity.. If you pay $1500 for a pair of boots I'm guessing not too many other people will have those same boots. At least in my little town I can save quite a bit and be unique in $50 shoes that just are not availiable in my area *shrug*. I should be able to make it to Aventura Mall today, which will be my last stop before trying to mail order a pair of boots. I'd rather try them out in person to make sure the size is right. I've noticed just how big of a diference size makes between mfg's in recent times. Have fun guys Jim

Why don't you try Victoria Secret or Newport New on line stores. My wife just got their new catalogs and both companies show boots similar to the one's you posted pictures of. And, They're not quite as expensive, either. I don't know what sizes they have abvailable, though. I believe they usually go through size 10 (womens).

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well, I caved in an just mail ordered the Charles David wedges, they should be here either Fri or Monday. Aldo shoes has a similer pair but the heel is lower. I will try the CD boots around the house a bit, and if I am not happy I can just bring them back to a Nordstroms and stop at an Aldo store to get their pair. Jim