Who wears nailpolish too?

Geoffrey

Hi I wear nailpolish sometimes.If I know I´m not going to do any hard work for a time I use to paint my fingernails with some discret color as bonewite or light pink.But it takes time to do beacuse I first put on acoat with some E-vitamin polish and then a coat of polish that makes the nails strong and finaly 2-3 coats of the color I want so I´m not able to do mutch for some time.About my toes I use to have them red or blue but nothing right now.I do all my painting my self. Take care. Jankas

I am who I am and no one else/Jankas

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear clear toenail polish ALL the time. If you wear sandals your feet MUST look nice. In addition to the clear polish, I use moisturizer on my feet and pluck the hair from my toes. The result, nice looking feet that look good in heeled sandals. Too often you see men (and women) in sandals - heels and flats - that look ugly!!!! SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Actually I am a Steeler Football fan (unfortunately) and panted my toes alternating black and gold over the weekend hoping to somehow give the team a lift (I don't wear them in public like that though). Oh well it didn't work, but I might keep them that way till the end of the season even though they look out of it now. Anyone else do similar things?

• 2 months later...

I started painting my toe nails about 2 years ago and I love how it looks. I wish that I could leave them painted in the summer so they show when I wear sandals, but unfortunately I'm not that brave yet. That is a disadvantage of living here in redneck central! Plats :D

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I would say that whenever I'm not playing sport I like to keep my toes polished all the time. I don't feel that the general male sporting population is quite ready for my adorned nails. In general I would wear it on my fingers and toes but for the dragon and my own cowardice! Many of us I sippose would do far more if we felt that it was socially acceptable but it won't become thus until more of us push the boundaries.

• 11 months later...

I keep my toe nails polished all the time , I have tried every color , I have never gotten a pedicure , my nail tech has asked me , but I havn't tried it yet. I can do my own toes pretty easy and as long as I put on a lot of coats and clear top coat it last a long time.

I have my toes done regularly, even in summer when I show them in sandals. I don't do very bright colors, so it is only noticable if you really look at it carefully. I have never done my finger nails, so I would be interested in hearing what kind of reactions people have gotten to that.

• 3 weeks later...

I was on vacation in Hawaii this week. I wore nail polish with a flower painted on my big toes and was out in flip-flops and sandals the whole week, with the nail polish clearly visible. Never got any reaction. Standing in the elevator with other people I though i saw people glancing at my feet, but nothing very obvious. I wish I had brought high heel sandals with me, though in Hawaii even on women that is seriously overdressed. So i guess it would stand out on a guy as well.

I occasionally do complex nail designs and faux textures. The rest of the time I just keep a clear gloss nail hardener on them. I have never done the single color thing.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 6 months later...

I wear nailpolish on my toes all the time and most of the time on my fingers. Most of the time it is red. Some times I wear acrylic nails that are 1" long (I know it gets in the way of my typing) but I enjoy them. Reciently I was wearing a pearl shade but with housework most of it has worn off. Please keep wearing your nailpolish and display it proudly.

77r90dL lf

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm not big on red, no clue why. Maybe, in my mind, it's overdone.

For brown/tan sandals like these...

Posted Image

I'd go with this color, or a neutral tone similar...

http://www.opi.com/Classics/Classics-n.asp?LcolorType=Bronze&ID=62

For black sandals:

Posted Image

I'd go with chrome, or bare:

Posted Image

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

• 1 month later...

An interesting thing happened to me today, concerning my fingernails. A woman at worked asked me to see my hands (in front of several other women I work with). So I displayed them in front of her. Now to give you an idea of what she saw, I have small hands with long elegant fingers ending in findernails which I keep at almost a 1/4" in length. The nails themselves are naturally very white where they separate from the pink of the nailbed and I keep clear polish on them. Her: OMG, your hands are beautiful! Do you have french manicure? Me: No, they're natural. Her: Come on, they must be. Me: Take a closer look. She looked even closer but she still wasn't sure so she had me hold them up to the light with my palms facing her. Upon seeing that light passed easily through my nails she concluded they were real, in total amazement. Me: When the humidity is really high they will even go nearly transparent. Her: I thought my husband had some of the best looking hands on a guy until I saw yours. She was even more amazed when she found out I did them myself, and have never had them professionally done. While she's not a fan of my heel wearing she is definitely into fingernails on a guy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 5 months later...

I have found that the OPI brand is quite consistent and the finish is hard to beat. The colors are all lover the map - there are a ton of 'collections' to choose from, including some great reds, but blues, greens and silvers too.

Wow! Another post here, after 6 months or so! Seriously, OPI has a HUGE number of colors, many hardly any different from other colors. They have fun names, though. I think they are one of the few brands that still use formaldehyde in their polish, though they are supposed to change soon. Yes they do produce a good finish, as do Revlon polishes. Revlon's "Red Rocks" is the most attractive, but it was a special last year and is no longer available. Have you seen "Boyz in the Bottle"? My salon thinks they are made for men. I got a bunch of them for free. Slow to dry. Or "Toe Polish"? My salon girl just shakes her head at that one, though it is pretty. By the way, the salons pay about a third or less of what the drug stores charge (they buy from wholesale houses).

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about starting a new trend, let one fingernail grow, little finger, left hand, then polish it the same as my girlfriend's nails. Then when some one comments about my one nail I'll say something clever like, "My girlfriend gets a deal on fingernails, 11 for the price of ten." Let one grow and polish it, let it stand for anything you want.

• 1 month later...