Who wears nailpolish too?

Geoffrey

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like deep reds and blues on my toes if I'm wearing my strappy sandals or mules. I sometimes paint my fingernails if I've managed to get them in reasonable shape. Want to try long false nails one day but haven't had the courage yet ..

MAC???? Who sells it-- Never Heard of it/them, perhaps because I don't frequent dept stores any more upscale than Sears or JC Penney's??

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I don't mind trying it on in the shop. Mind you I don't wear it too much. I'm very active and it's just too fiddly for me. I'm going to be very modest and say I'm excellent at applying it though. I wore it for a some parties just after new year, and a couple of girls were nice enough to say they could not get it to look that good themsleves. I didn't think it looked that special, but there you go.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the corner store yesterday and found this stuff called "Sinful" brand (heck, it's only $1.99 a bottle) and found a color called "Tokyo Pearl", which is a really SHINY pearl color. It is light so I tried it today and left it on when I went to work. Gee...these people must really be used to me, as nobody said a blessed word! Wow! And to think I thought that would cause SOME kind of reaction. Ah well...... Tomorrow is "dress in your favorite decade day", so I'm gonna poof out my hair, put on a black/gold headband, acid-wash jeans, pink shirt, black fingerless leather gloves, and pink pumps w/hot pink nail polish. Call it the "80's alternative scene" look! :smile:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

On 2002-06-20 03:56, ShockQueen wrote:

I went to the corner store yesterday and found this stuff ... called "Tokyo Pearl", which is a really SHINY pearl color

... as nobody said a blessed word!

I told you that pearl was a great low-impact color. And actually you could probably wear flaming red or hot pink and they wouldn't say a thing. Except perhaps to remark on what a beautiful color it is.

--chris

You were absolutely right! Even though it's a very pronounced pearl sheen, it is low-impact, and not many people said anything about it. Today I donned my hot pink shirt, jean jacket, acid-washed jeans, put on a black headband with gold threading, black fingerless gloves with hot pink nail polish (along with my huge goth rings, and hot pink pumps. Oh yeah...and huge gold dangly 80's-style earrings. I'll post a pic if I can get one today. :smile: VERY 80's! -SQ

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 4 weeks later...

I've pulled off a bit of a coup. There's a girl who gets the same train as me in the morning who as a nail technician in the "posh" bit of Boots in Manchester. I've had a few makeovers at that Boots and the last time I booked one I also booked a manicure. My fellow commuter drew the short straw and gave me my treatment. We got talking and she's agreed to do my nails every other day before work. She is very supportive of guys wearing makeup/heels/skirts/whatever. Needless to say I am delighted!

• 3 weeks later...

I do enjoy getting manicures and sometimes pedicures. i've never been any good getting nail polish on my fingernails, and my toenail work is haphazard at best. My favourite colours tend to be blue and black although i'll wear purple, green, and red as the occasion warrents.

the truth shall make you fret

I decided to post this here rather than in SQ's "Just go out and DO IT" thread. The one and only time I ever wore colored nail polish intentionally on display in public (rather than hiding my hands in my pockets or someplace else, or wearing some unobtrusive or dulled finish color) was in 1993 in Las Vegas. I had on bright metallic green polish, and was in a discount department store checkout (Sam's Club). The cashier was a rather "fetching" young adult girl. She was effusive in her positive reaction to it--wanted to know why--I answered, truthfully, that I just felt like being different that day. She wished more guys would do it, even encouraged me to keep it on until my wife saw it later that day (I didn't--she would have been "unthrilled"). The other men in the checkout were looking "askance" during all this. :smile: I have never had the self-assurance to wear nail polish and hi-heeled shoes/boots at the same time--that just seems to be too over-the-top, unless I was advertising that I was gay, which I'm not--this way I can at least rationalize that most people may have a question in their minds of "Is he or isn't he", rather than having NO DOUBT! Of course if they are fellow Christians, then ANY abnormal behavior or dress removes ALL DOUBT in their mind's eye. Yes I know that Christians are SUPPOSED to be non-judgemental, but have found that those who are represent the exception rather than the rule. :grin::grin:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi, I wear a lot of high heels but i do not polish my nails. I do take care of them very often so my feed and hands look well. I do not associae polishing my nails with wearing high heels. GJ

small or big doesn't matter, wear your heels proud .... that is!

Most women that wear high heel open toe sandals have good pedicures wear colored nail polish on their toenail. I believe that a good pedicure and polished toenails are very important with open toe heels. a good pedicure with red nail polish really enhances the look of open toe heels. I get many compliments from women on my heels and nail polish.

Hi,

I wear a lot of high heels but i do not polish my nails. I do take care of them very often so my feed and hands look well.

I do not associae polishing my nails with wearing high heels.

GJ

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

Hi Jamie, I agree on that. I never tried polishing my nails, but i do go to manicure and pedicure. Your feet gain by that. :smile: I do noet need polish to feel well, but i also do not mind people wearing it. GJ

small or big doesn't matter, wear your heels proud .... that is!

My skills acquired painting model airplanes and warships came quite handy for painting my toenails. I feel I have a right to the blue color, as tradition would have it - pink for the girls and blue for the boys! I use black as well and, when I'm really in a defiant mood - red! I just dare to take this little extra leeway - painting my toenails!! - Jamie

My favorite nail polish color is by OPI. The name of the color is "I'm not Really a Waitress'. It is a very pretty birght iridescent candy apple red that looks great with any open toe high heel shoe. I used to wear all different nail polish colors until one of the women at work told me that if you are going have painted toenails the only color to wear is red. Her reasoning is that everyone notices red and since she spends time getting pedicures, she wants her toes to be noticed. I agree with her reasoning and always have my toenails painted red. Red is the perfect color for toenails when wearing any color of open toe high heel sandal.

Jamie :smile:

Fashion Freedom for Men!! :grin:

My skills acquired painting model airplanes and warships came quite handy for painting my toenails. I feel I have a right to the blue color, as tradition would have it - pink for the girls and blue for the boys! I use black as well and, when I'm really in a defiant mood - red!

I just dare to take this little extra leeway - painting my toenails!! -

Jamie

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

Getting your feet and nails done does sounds like a lot of fun. I have never done it. Though I have no problem anymore walking into a shoe store and asking to try women's shoes, I have not had the courage to go into a nail salon. Maybe because there is no men's equivalent

• 1 year later...

I wear nail polish on my toes and my acrylic fingernails, ie see thread(nailpolish on men val kilmer). I love the shiny finnish and the looks I get when I teem up the polish with earrings and hhs. Some people have asked me if I were Gay and I told them no I am a freestyler.

77r90dL lf

In the summer, i waxed my legs, wore a very feminine womans ankle chain with diamonds on it, painted my toe nails with Maybelline #10 prefectly clear wet shine nail polish, and wore womwns sandals. My family saw me in these & so did my male friends. I just said it was all my Gfs doing! My Gf was kool with all of that too! But she was jealous of my smooth legs. She even commented on them.....

"hhhheeeyyyyyy!!!! Your legs are smoother tham mine!" :(

Clear base coat and top coat, and only on my fingernails. Kathy and I do each other's nails. She used to work in a salon when she was attending university. Doing your partner's nails is a very pleasant activity when visiting on a weekend (I think Julietta said that too).

Michael

Julietta! I wonder. Has anyone had any word on how she is doing? If they are in contact, I wish they would tell that we're thinking of her, her how much she is missed in this community and how hopeful we are that everything is going well for her. :(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.