What do women think about men in high heels?

Geoffrey

On 2002-06-08 08:28, azraelle wrote:

Maybe we should start a new thread about "What do men think about women wearing boxer shorts, or ties, or crewcuts, or ...?"

Maybe another about "What do male heel wearers think about wife-beating, or rape"?

I would think they would be rather more sensitive to the issue (as in "I'd like to choke the living sh** out of men that do it, but not before I've blown holes in both knee caps and sawed off....first") than "normal" men are.

Siscilian justice ought to be alive and well in such cases!

Hi-Heeled Boots, Bodysuits, and Back-Zipper Pants R wikkid-kool (on me, or U)!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-06-08 08:45 ]</font>

This is where the saying Women are form Venues, Men are form Mars comes in. Men brag more at times than actually carry out their actions. I guess some could be making up for something!! :smile:

Personally I think what men think about women wearing men’s clothing don't really give a whoopee ding dong. Besides don't we have a cross dressing thread about that? :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You msy be right, Hoverfly... About 12-15 yrs ago, on my 165 mile weekly commute home, while in the parking lot of a McDonalds in Las Vegas, I happened to see about 300 meters in the distance in the desert between houses (Las Vegas has alot of such spaces) a guy obviously in an argument with (presumably) his girlfriend, whereupon he summarily pasted her in the face and knocked her out for about 20-30 minutes. It incensed me but all I had the courage to do was nip over to the pay phone and call the cops, then hide in my car while they showed up and accosted the guy. The girl by that time was getting up, and either didn't want to press charges, or because the eyewitness (me) was unavailable, I don't know which, they sent him off in one direction, and her in another (presumably to their respective homes?). Hopefully, I have learned by subsequent life experiences, as Lord Jim did in Melville's book of the same title, not to "wimp out" if there is a next time.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Don't be too hard on yourself. What you did was the correct thing. I once was forced to hurt a man that was beating his girlfriend. They were both arrested, and were back together the following week. I should have simply called the cops myself....... Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I don't have a problem with a husband who manages to convince his wife to wear insufferably high heels, but, as I have said it before and will say again, HE should be willing and make himself able to do it too!! He can't hide behind embarrassment--Ultra high heels are nearly as unacceptable in mainstream society on a woman as they are on a man. What's good for the goose...ought to be good for the gander..."GEE, WHAT HORRIBLE THOUGHT, that I should have to wear what I force my secretaries to wear!" (possible, tho unlikely thought running through the head of some business tycoon or banker in any decade before 1980) :smile::grin:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

Well, here we go again! Now let "me" set the record straight. Virtually every thing Arno laid before you in the above post is catagorically incorrect, even the name. For those of you who insist the abuse doesn't exist here is living proof once again. For over three years this individual has made personal attack after personal attack on me using countless untruths in doing so. He can have his opinion, that I really don't care about, but what he provides as fact about me is grossly inaccurate. In my 5-26 post I made no comment remotely indicating the 50% divorce rate was the fault of men wearing high heels. My comments were strictly my response to previous comments in other posts surrounding the choice of a mate, period. "There is only one case both you and I know of, where Carolyne caught.........". Her name is actually Janise and even though Arno isn't aware of them, the unfortunate event Janise experienced is not an isolated case. As I mentioned in another post on another topic she is to testify before a hearing and has done her research. Anyone who still has a copy of my story can easily verify the references Arno made to it are "false" with one possible exception. My husband did make for me a couple pair of shoes for training purposes that were originally wooden or plastic clogs. He never modified any of my other shoes. Everything else Arno said about it is untrue. My election or decision to the lifestyle in high heels was purely and soley mine, my husband had nothing to do with it. That was made "very clear" at the beginning of my story. Prior to making that decision I "did" wear heels frequently, they just weren't very high. That was also made very clear in my story. The conditioning and training effort I embarked on was under the direction of professionals to achieve a degree of manner and ability to "my" satisfaction. My dedication was something I dearly shared with my husband. It was the continuing slander and misrepresentations on these forums that prompted the deletion of my story from Jenny's site. "I wish you would not shroud it in that phony talk about "dedication" that is so transparently disingenuous." Thank you Arno! This is a vivid representation of some mens inability to perceive the mind set or value set of a woman. Your insistance that a "man", my husband, forced me through intimidation, into submission re-enforces many of the comments I've made throughout this topic and is in conflict with what so many others here claim. It's also noteable you find a "girl in her twenties" to be so foolish. The "once again" character assassination of my husband can only be seen as contemptuous and hateful. The last time this happened (on the other forum) it was near the aniversary of his death. Because it was so hurtful I asked that the comments be stricken and subsequently through Arno's request nearly the entire thread was deleted. There is an interesting side note to this. Prior to any deletions to that thread a friend came to my defense, his defense of me was deleted by one of the moderators and he was told not to defend me again at that time. Once again I've had to make a rediculous attempt to defend myself and set the record straight surrounding my "personal life". Again, someone's opinion of me is up to them, I don't care. Attacks on my person and insinuations or comments about my children and family don't fall under the heading of "opinion". I thought that wasn't acceptable on these forums. Anyway, it's already said and done. Now the readers and some other concerned people will be able to judge for themselves. And to think what I said in the beginning was, "do as you like it's OK with me, just don't force in upon me". The topic of this thread is "what do women think about men wearing high heels"?

The drama continues!

Although it seems that Arno is slandering Susan, I find it interesting that he's willing to believe this "Janise" tale. But the "facts" surrounding the story, and its appropriate timing to lend weight to the bizarre notion that men who wear high heels are physically violent, cause me to disbelieve the entire thing. Why should anyone believe what they read here, without a shred of evidence to back any of it? To go further, why would anyone expect anyone else to believe anything? Is it really supposed to be difficult to conceive that there are bored liars in this world, even ones willing to *gasp* assume several login names to perpetrate their childish games?

Why, during any thread with Susan in it, are there so many anonymous posters showing up, sometimes to defend her, and at other times to attack her viciously, ultimately adding proof, of course, to her claims of abuse and victimization? I tell you, someone somewhere is getting much more amusement out of this thread than I am.

If Susan dislikes guys wearing heels then that's fine. I don't think she should be chastised for that, and to be honest, the subject receives far more recognition than is merited on these boards, even though I know this thread is specifically about that topic. I think we should agree to keep the question of men being violent towards women out of this conversation though. I can't see that it has any relavence to this subject or the people that post here. 100% of the people I have met on these boards and in real life are intelligent caring guys who would never stoop to such low life activity.

On 2002-06-11 00:47, hoverfly wrote:

Woooooooooooh..........!!!!!!!!!! Excuse for making a mistake!!!! :smile: Yes it is F.D.R. He made that statement in a the speech just after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. I see that you punctuation needs some work. :grin: But you are forgiven :grin: Also my history teacher taught me well about history, he is my Father!!! :grin: He is now a retired history/math teacher after all most 40 years. To tell you the truth I get the impression from him that my generation was the last that really gave a dam about learning (I am all most thirty) He retired three years ago and took early retirement because of how he felt about his Profession was no longer honorable.

Hello, my name is Hoverfly. I am a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-06-11 01:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-06-11 01:04 ]</font>

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Ops.... that was from me, and F.D.R was President till.....194? Arrrrrrrrrgh can't remember!!! :smile: Sigh... some time just before WWII ended. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-06-11 03:37 ]</font>

FDR, 3 terms as president, and I think he died in 1944. Am I close? I am Canadian, so I don't know if I am certain about it. Augustus was sole ruler and thus Emperor of Rome from 31 BCE to 14 CE. That I know. I think I know. Watch me be wrong.

FDR, spent most of his presidency (outside of the public eye) in a wheelchair, was elected to serve 4 terms, served 3 terms, & ~3months, died 1945, damn good for a "canuk"! :smile: Afterwhich US Congress passed law forbidding presidents to run for more than 2 terms, consecutive or otherwise--might even be constitutional ammendment, don't know for sure.

As an aside, it was a common left-handed joke among the generation of my parents, at least in Utah, who were young adults during his presidency, to refer to outhouses as "Franklin-D's" in reference to the many "civilizing-the-hicks" "made-work" projects that he was responsible for in an effort to get the unemployed working again during the Great Depression.

Hey Arno, I do appreciate that you know your Roman social history, but I hardly need a lesson. :smile: I received more 'A's in courses on Rome than the first page of listings in the phone book. :grin: Of course, I always made strange jokes with a very serious face in the middle of important discussions. I wonder if part of it was rating me on my comedy...

Just for fun! :smile: If F.D.R. were alive today, what would he think about men in high heels? :grin: To Hoverfly- I am sorry that I had to correct you in my Anonymus postings signed as J above. I am a history nut so I had to correct you. You indeed took it well and are a true sport! :grin:

After I finished high school ll years ago I haven't really kept up. I guess I could halved kept reading. As every one knows over time you forget things, history I guess becomes a low priority in life. Current events I kept up with but all I can tolerate for some time now is an half hour of news on CNN. Got sick and tired of the media turning real life issues in to a soap opera. Last book I read was three years ago on America's tax system. Sigh.... Maybe I will sacrifice a pair of boots from this coming fall stiles for some books. :smile:

On 2002-06-12 01:13, stilettos wrote:

If FDR is/was male then this thread doesn't call for his thoughts, but if secretly FDR ever wore heels what would the ladies think?

Don't know about FDR, other than both he and his wife apparently secretly "played the field" while in office.

J.Edgar Hoover, on the other hand, regularly organized and frequented TV/CD parties, so one would assume He wore heels...

• 3 weeks later...

Will you tell me what Arno's take on the psychology of a shoe fetishist has to do with "Janise's" upcoming testimony on the physical abuse of women? When you toss around this "Janise" story in such a ridiculous manner, implying that Arno's posts can somehow associated with whatever physical abuse "Janise" has suffered, you insult us by pretending you expect us to believe it, and you insult the real Janises out there by trivializing their experiences down to a cheap rhetorical trick.

Hi Susan,

I tried to use my member name but it wouldn't let me.

Are you sure you didn't make a typo, it really should work. Nothing has changed and you are still in the memberslist (as Susan (the original)).

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

...a lot of Bull Pucky... :argue:

Get Off Of It Already, Driver-8 :smile::grin::grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Susan and Jeff,

I just experienced the same myself. In the past, whenever I was not logged in and wanted to post something, I got a screen where I had to enter my username and password, along with the box where I could enter my text.

With the new board: whenever I am not logged in and want to post something, I get a screen where I have to enter my username and the subject title, along with the box where I can enter my text. Note that I am not prompted for my password! I assumed that I would be prompted for my password anyway, when I would try to submit the results of my typing efforts. But no: I only came back into the original screen with the added info "user name already taken", and still no possibility to enter my password somewhere on that page.

So it seems that one has to log in before starting to post anything.

hth

Ah, good one Tom.. I guess I didn't notice this because I always logon because it helps identifying new posts and to use the preferences in my profile. I think for those who don't do this yet it's best to just make a habbit of always loging on before doing stuf on the board, basically their are only things to gain from this and none to lose. You can even use the autologon feature, so you can't forget to logon.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

• 2 months later...

While I sympathise with your plight Janise, I think you are approaching this from the wrong direction. You're welcome to post whatever you want within the guidlelines but I don't think what you are doing is really logical. Say for example, your boyfriend attacked you because you interrupted him while he was watching a football game. It's like going on a football interest site and saying men should not have access to watching football, and women should regard any who do with suspicion because of what *might* happen. The football or the shoes is not the problem, but the violent nature of the person in question. Bubba managed to say all that in one word somehow :smile:

I am not trying to follow this one, but all I can say is this. People should be free to be themselves so long as no harm is done to others, and by this, I generally mean physical harm. We all need to express ourselves. And if a person has had a problem with something then I think it should be addressed. Not so much to say men in heels are bad or wrong, but so we know that some people out there have some emotional conflicts, and we can all work towards making this act of equality something more acceptable and free of violence.