Got my ballet boots today!

ILuvHeels

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruud, are those punitive boots? HOw much were they?

-Eric

Nice clips btw. Very Impressive.

BBE,

No they are Little Shoe Box custom made patent leather knee boots in a size 7UK (For that snug feeling) and they were 220 quid about 5 years ago! Expensive I know, but definately my best ever HEEL purchase!

Mano,

I have never Ballet danced in my life and if you'd seen me on a normal dance floor then you'll know that DANCING is not my cup of tea at all!! I have been wearing these though for aprox 5 years now and bought many pairs since but none have been close to these TSB boots.

Thanks Kerm1!!! Make sure you do get your camera out!!

Thanks for the nice comments and maybe one day Francis we could be organising the first BALLET BOOT MEET!!!!

Good Luck

Ruud

hi heels

Hi All, Just to let you know that my Devious 2020's arrived today. After about 20 mins of sorting out the laces and zips (strange setup- you were right). I stood upright, supported by a wall. Took about 6 steps and the left heel parted from the sole at the rear. Does anyone else have ballet 2020's and have they had this problem. I am hoping that this pair was defective, perhaps damaged in transit. does anyone else have 2020's and are able to walk in them without them breaking. contacted the online shop and he will try to get them replaced. Feel free to message me with your thoughts Rubberroo

it sounds like you have a defective pair send them back for replacement or refund my ankle boots are by Devious and are more than capable of handling the bad practising I'm doing :D get them changed, after all, you bought them and therefore have the right to obtaining a fully functional pair of boots.

Hallo, a pritty your heel get bad. I wish you good luck for a replacement/refounded. It will be also a test how good there service are. Hopfull it will be no problem else let us (the members of this forum) know how you are going with them and we all can offer our help to put mail to divine to support you in this matter. I still hope you get a new pair without any trouble. good luck a balletheel fan A3

I have 5 pairs of Devious ballet heels, including a pair of 2020 boots. I've never had a heel seperate like that. I did watch a friend nearly seperate the heel off a pair of Little Shoe Box boots (he now owns them).. what he did was go beyond putting all the weight on the heel, his ankles tried to straighten out so the heel went past vertical, and pushed tward the toe, slightlyt seperating. You might see if they will send you a new pair, they may say that those boots are not intended for walking.. Good luck Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

That would just be cruel, ironic, but cruel.

-Eric

It was mentioned in an email that they are not intended for walking. Pity I enjoy a challenge :-)

Maybe they will to be used for extracurricular activities only :D:wink::wink:

The store has been excellent and will be trying hard to get them replaced. More comments on this forum I see, the more I figure that they were defective. They have a small plastic lug molded into the boot sole and goes into the heel. This seems to have given way. Possibly poor material quality was to blame.

Anyhow I now have to wait for them to get back to the other side of Australia, evaluated, reordered from the US and sent back.

Hallo Ruud and Francis

"[ Thanks for the nice comments and maybe one day Francis we could be organising the first BALLET BOOT MEET!!!!

Good Luck

Ruud ]"

It wood be nice to get a meeting of all de balletheel fans walking in there balletheels.

When there is a free date in my agenda I do my best to be there. The UK (London is fine to my) but else wear no problem. So I still practishing to be able to stalk nice on my balletheels over the meeting floor to show of.

Posted Image

Hopefull it will come someday

a balletheel fan

A3

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

must replacement ballets arrrived yesterday. there were no knee highs in my size left so went for thigh highs for a few extra $$

Hopefully these won't break on me. I actually think the heel is sturdier so I think the knee high ones were definately faulty.

Any tips on lacing these things up without the lacings falling off once you unzip them ???

Any tips on how to start walking would be great too.

if anyone in Australia is looking for ballets, boots and other footwear.

Check out Andreas' website

http://www.exoticfootwear.com.au

(Shameless plug !! )

Rubberroo

Hallo,

nice of you to buy the tight high ballet boots.

I have knee ballet boots and hooks for lacesing and a zip. I had the same problem. In the past I clamped every hook a little tieder so the lace can slied throu but not come out of the hook. I had become more like round cilinder wear the lace goes throu.

In another capther (ultra high heels==> shoe repair or modifications) I and BlondieBimbo had explane this also. And with a few pictures to see better. But here it is again.

Posted Image

good luck and go practising on ballet heels

A3

Ya know, that falls under the catagory of "why didnt I think of that" Great Idea. I had a cobler replace the hooks with eyelets.. although the only benifit of that is to make sure the hooks can't catch sheets while wearing the boots. Have fun Jim

No the way I have done it. Instead of looping it around the quicklace hook from the bottom to the top and onto the next hook. I have gone to the top of the loop, looped round to the bottom and then up onto the next hook. The tension of the laces coming from the hook underneath and loop from the hook on the other side (criss cross fashion) makes it so that the lace stays in place firmly. Once i source a digi camera I will try to d/l a pic onto the forum Roo

• 1 month later...

On the subject of laces, mine snapped on my Qualifetish boots. I haven't been able to find the correct type yet (thin round black, about 3m long) but in the meantime got hold of some thicker yellow ones that I think look quite good: (Click for bigger)

Posted Image Posted Image

If you need laces for you qualifetish boots simply e-mail them at qualifetish and request some new laces. I have a couple pairs from them, my thigh high zip up boots are a few years old and one of the zipper pulls snapped.. they sent 2 replacement zippers (complete, used only what I needed), and plenty of material they use for laces so I could cut them to what length I needed. They use cotton instead of synthetic laces, so you will need to dip the ends in glue to seal them vs melting the ends. Nice boots btw Jim

• 4 years later...

I have the 2025 bboots and the heel started lifting on my boots as well so I got some super glue that works on leather ect. and did the repair myself. I did all this before I did any modifications to my boots other than cutting the heels shorter. This repair held up. You will have to be carefull and mask the heels/ boots off with masking tape so that you don't get the super glue on these areas. Another thing that helped is I bought some quick set spray for super glue that helped a lot because I didn't have to wait a long time putting presure on the parts I glued because the quick set worked very quickly. There is another type of glue that works also but I don't know if it is avaliable in other places other than the U.S.A. We call it glue all goo or 6000 bond all. This glue is similar to model /plastic/wood airplane glue and requires the parts to be clamped together while the glue dries generally over night. If the heel has pulled away from the screws that hold the heel on then perhaps you will need a profesional repair. On my boots the boot part was all that was starting to serarate from the heel. I hope this helps. Dr Who 3

BBEric,

I have been posting a few images and videos of me in my Ballets, but unfortunately the videos are too large to fit onto this site, but if you would like to see me walking down stairs into my kitchen and then back again them have a look at the following link :-

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=bboots&btnG=Search+Video

This will take you straight to the video viewing page of my red ballets and knee length skirt! They do take a while to download as they are quite large files, but that is due to the length of them all, approx 3mins in total!

Enjoy,

Ruud

So, this is the person behind those Google Videos....

I've always wondered (and hoped the site would show me) who was behind these mysterious videos, only on Google. I must admit, it's these videos that attracted my attention and curiosity about ballet heels and boots. It's the whole reason I want a pair for myself, anyway. Wish I could thank this person without clicking the "Thanks" button, haha.

Formally "HHDude"