summer

terayon

hey, i was wondering what most of you "full time" heel wearers wear in the summer for heels, its approaching fast here, and i cant wear my knee high boots with them without being noticed a *LOT* which im just not ready for...any suggestions/stories/ideas would be helpfull!

I'm gearing up my collection of summer sandals. I've found quite a few that are in my size. I still like the platform style, and I can get them quite readily here. Also, since I'm wearing pumps more, then that's a plus also. Sometimes I'll still wear my boots under pants in the evenings.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Hi Terra, summer is no reason to abandon boots in toto, there are numerous lighter ankle style boots that still are suitable. On the other hand, loafers are a good option and for really warm weather. There is a sufficiently large choice of styles in open sandals with a wedge or block heel that looks very acceptable under large pants. If you choose beige flared pants and go barefooted in beige sandals (even with a natural kork platform, people will hardly notice. I'm looking forward to wear cloesed toe slingbacks again which I like the most. Just look at last year's summer report on my website to see how many styles are possible. Happy discovery, Highluc

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Highluc on http://walk.to/highluc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Highluc on 2002-05-09 10:28 ]</font>

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Hello! Well, if you've read other messages I've posted, then you already know I'm a freak for pumps! Stack Heeled loafers and especially sandals are a good bet for this time of season as well. Don't confine yourself to just one style, branch out, diversify! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you do!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I wear boots the year round, but I also wear open toe heel mule wedges and similar on hot days in Summer. I don't like sandals too much. It's very difficult to get high heel sandals where the straps don't dig in in some way after a while.

do you guys wear your boots/shoes with shorts? or do ya just wear shorts all year round? I wish i could wear pants all year, but in the summer it often gets 30+ degrees out, reaching over 35 last summer some days...so pants are not an option for anything outside....i think steve madden slinky is sandal i may get for the summer

I rarely wear shorts because I'm afraid of sunburns. I mostly wear light slacks (long and flowing) or even sarongs or ankle length skirts. I also hate the initial contact of my skin with the hot leather seats of a car when wearing shorts.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I'll agree with Trolldeg and wouldn't be seen dead in a pair of shorts. I hate them. I wear long trousers all year round, and will wear a pair of open toed wedge mules out in the summer. Suits me OK. We dont get too many opportunities in Britain anyway :smile:

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Leather shorts were popular in Austria/Germany weren't they? But something tells me Francis's are not of that style! I don't wear shorts except for sport. The weather isn't really hot enough here. We might get 28 or 30 a ouple of days a year if we are lucky.

Unfortunately it only takes a day or so of sun for the men around here to don vest (if we're lucky - no top if not)) and shorts. The local Asda supermarket seems to be a magnet.... Just one look is enough to put you off.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

I tend to stay with long pants and ankle boots most of the year. On the extremely hot days, out come my 4" heeled mules. These are nice for slipping out of so that the feet can take a "breath". (I wear them barefooted) Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

On 2002-05-11 12:43, Francis wrote:

just reminds you to buy teabags and gravy browning :smile:

Actually, usually reminds me to buy bottles of milk :smile:

But then, being a cafe-au-lait sort of colour, I'm just being smug.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 2 months later...

I'm wearing my Old Navy wide leg jeans and 3" platform thong sandals from Nomad. I'm not quite up to wearing platforms any place else other than the beach. Haven't got the nerve yet. By the way Payless, and Shoe Pavillion have a large selection of sizes up to a women's size 12 if anybody is looking for platform sandals. Volitile, and Rocket Dog also have larger sizes. Cheers

I never used to wear shorts until the BW talked me into it. Now, I wear them all the time, temperature permitting. That's the norm in California! Of course, shorts and spikes are a little obvious, so those are just around home and on vacation. :smile:

For every day wear I find a pair of flared trousers in cream does the trick. I can wear most tops with them and also they accommodate almost any pair of sandals or pumps. For going clubbing I am more likely to be found in a denim mini or pair of hot pants. Sandals/mules only in that case.