Pumping up the colors!

ShockQueen

Here I go again, following the lead, but hey...this is for a good cause - MINE! :smile: So far I've worn black platform boots, black high-heeled boots, white platform boots, and black-patent pumps...now onto the REAL challenge - MORE COLORS! I wore black slacks, a red shirt, a black overshirt (open), and black-patent pumps tonight, but later on, I'm gonna switch to my red-patent pumps just to see what happens. Heck...I have the right shade of red on my shirt, so it should go well. I'll keep you all posted! SQ

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I'd wear other colours, it doesn't bother me at all to do so, but on the other hand I really like black, so what to do? Actually I do wear other stuff once in a while for a change :smile:

The red pumps went fine without a hitch! I guess it's open season now! At least now I not only have more of a choice of styles, but also COLORS! Thanks all, for the HUGE support! :smile:

Red, huh? And it went off without a hitch, eh? Wow! That's remarkable, SQ! Perhaps that might give me the push I need to try other colors myself! Still, it's hard to give up my beloved black! :smile:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Maybe it's because of my age and concervatism, but I kinda stick to dark colors as well, except for sandals which I like as close as possible to to my barefooted skin color (again not to attract). Most of my shoes and boots are (dull) black (no patent), dark blue or brown. I just cannot see why I should wear red pumps and what to coordinate them with. I'm already happy I can wear my dark pumps and slingbacks with confidence and good taste.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

SQ, I think that now that they are used to you being in stiletto boots/pumps and the platform sandels you showed us, you can get away with anything without people looking strange at you. I would guess they don't expect anything else from you now. You could do the test by wearing boring mens shoes again for a day, that probably gives you more reaction then the red pumps. :smile: _________________ Greetz, Jeff --- "She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jeff on 2002-05-09 17:29 ]</font>

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it! Wearing heels at work has really helped my relaxation at work - I'm more at ease, and I just feel much better!

Today came Phase 4....I decided that since my friends here are starting to wear sandals, that I might do the same! Here is the style du jour:

Posted Image

My friend Joyce saw them and really liked them, so I think now she's gonna get some for herself as well.

Let's BUST those walls down! ONWARD!

Nice style SQ, no problem with with black thin socks and black jeans. Maybe you found another motto here: WALLS DOWN, HEELS UP.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Whoa, SQ! Nice sandals! I'd get a nose bleed wearing something like that, but more power to you! :smile:

I like that motto, Highluc! Maybe that should be our 'battle cry' as we go forward educating the masses. and as they say..... "High heels....not just for women anymore." btw, JeffB, I haven't gotten any nosebleeds (yet), but I think I have several shares of Kleenex stock lying around somewhere. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, I thought to have a bit of fun, so I brought in some 6" platform slides that are clear (I'm DUCKING here!) with a rainbow-type material for the toe strap - kinda like a reflective material if that makes any sense. It went well, as every other pair I've worn to work, and quite comfortable! Normally I don't do clear platforms, but these were just too cool to pass up. I think next will be a pair of 6" sandals in somewhat the same style, only in black. They seem to work out really well, and with it being closer to summer, it's time to add sandals to my wardrobe anyways. Have a cool week! :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Today I decided to be just a bit more unusual at work (that's possible??), and wore a pair of nice shiny silver pumps, since I was wearing black with a lot of silver accenting on different parts of my body (rings, earrings). Favorable reactions all around, and people seem to enjoy my adventurous ways, so that's an added plus. Yes, JeffB, I have fallen victim to the pump siren's song once again :smile:

Good heavens! Silver? Wow! You really ARE outrageous, SQ!!! I don't suppose you have a pic of those shoes to grace us with? As for the siren song of the pump, like I told you, it's pretty irresistable! I thought I could manage to wear different types of shoes, but pumps have become my mainstay. Not just mine, but my co-workers as they've really gotten used to seeing me in them! :smile:

I'll try to get one of my friends who has a decent digital camera to take some pictures of my many styles, and then I'll post them up here for you to see. They aren't too fancy - just your basic 5" stiletto pump, just in SILVER :smile::grin:. I'll let you know as soon as I get some piccies to post. SQ

• 2 years later...