my wedge pics

taliheels

Hmmmm! I don't know why they would look better on a woman than you. They look ok to me. One thing, however, is that judging by the way your heels hang over the back of them, they just might be to short (small) for your feet. :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

: I keep finding the cuff of the trouser leg keeps riding up under my foot/heel when I walk ~ which rather blows the cover doesn't it? I'm really struggling to find 33" long leg summer lightweight ones in the discount stores. Gosh, you tall guys must have a real problem there. Simple unadorned mid brown single toe bar wedge mules are looking scarce too. It's the back end of the season, I guess. _ As for heels looking good on men, well it's all about style isn't it? It's not just women that look better with longer legs. A tidy 2.5to3" cowboy heel on a boot/shoe or a tapered 3.5" block heel (now scarce) well matched into the rest of the outfit gives a sleeker look to a chap of average height or a little less (and carrying a fraction too much weight perhaps). /I

/I

Know what you mean about the cuff of your trousers winding up between the heel of your foot and the shoes. I wore a pair of slingback pumps with 4½" heels most of the day yesterday and had the same thing happen to me when walking through a near by mall. Had to keep pulling the pants leg out to keep from tripping. Although the shoes wer comfortable, the cuff under the heel of my foot thing was irritating, As I kept tugging on the leg of my trousers (It was always my right foot), my wife kept reminding me that I should either wear a pair of shorts the next time I wanted to wear that pair of heels or wear a pair with closed backs. (She was wearing a nice pair of strappy summer sandals with 3" heels with her sun dress. )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

while we're talking about wedge mules/slides:

has anyone tried to dye the rafia/rope edging to this type of thing in a matching colour to the upper (black/brown/tan etc.)?

Posted Image

would a shoe or textile dye be better?

sorry this a really a mods forum topic but it hardly deserves its own thread.

/I

/I

while we're talking about wedge mules/slides:

has anyone tried to dye the rafia/rope edging to this type of thing in a matching colour to the upper (black/brown/tan etc.)?

Posted Image

would a shoe or textile dye be better?

sorry this a really a mods forum topic but it hardly deserves its own thread.

/I

Tough to say Ionic black dyes still happen to have a prominant color in them like blue or green, so if you go at it with some black dyes and it doesn't take well you may wind up with some color other than black.

I would recommend perhaps the black wax that my cobbler uses for cleaning up shoe blemishes.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.