Celebrities in loose slingbacks

Slingfan

I have seen a few photos of celebrities in slingbacks that have fallen down. Liz Hurley is a repeated offener in this category and I have also seen Jodie Foster in a couple of pairs of bare slings with one strap under her heel. Anyone else got any pictures or seen anything like this?

Great subject! If you look through the existing pictures of "Celebrities in Heels" thread on the existing "Your favourite Shoe Pictures" Forum, you'll see that some of their slingbacks are in the process of failing, and I've even commented on it enthusiastically! Howzabout posting us some appropriate picture of Liz Hurley etc. slap-slapping away in their failed slingbacks? That would be terrific! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hey Heelfan, Many of the photos in the Celebrities in Heels thread didn't load up on my computer so I didn't see any loose slingbacks, is there any way I can see some of them?

i have to agree...........great subject, i just love loose slings so much, i'd love to see pics too.........i have to say it lovely to wear them with the straps dwon too,i often try it................*s* love polly

I love wearing slings like that too. Every pair of slings I get my left strap always falls down and it feels so good. I love picking it up all the time and having it slip off again. I saw a picture of Diane Kruger at the premiere for Troy walking out of one of her slings, I will try and find it and post it.

My jazzband was booked to play at a wedding celebration last Saturday, and who should have the sexiest shoes in the entire room - the failed slingbacks - the centre of attention - the BRIDE. She'd bought a pair of brand new bright gold stiletto slingbacks with 4 1/2" stiletto heels. and as she mingled with everyone, both slingback straps failed almost immediately, allowing the shoes to slip-slap like mad because the single narrow toe-straps were so low-set. Although she kept pulling the heel-straps up, they kept failing after only two or three paces! Several of her friends and family added to her embarrassment by pointing at her antics and giggling. However, after half-an-hour's feverish pulling them up, she finally resigned herself to their failure and just slip-slapped around with the shoes flailing away superbly! Regarding the Celebrities in Heels, there was at least one failed slingback in "Vintage Celebrities" in the Vintage Forum near the bottom of the menu of forums. Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

My jazzband was booked to play at a wedding celebration last Saturday, and who should have the sexiest shoes in the entire room - the failed slingbacks - the centre of attention - the BRIDE.

She'd bought a pair of brand new bright gold stiletto slingbacks with 4 1/2" stiletto heels. Cheers, Heelfan

ah, so that's the real reason for being in a jazzband is it? :rofl:

actually 4.5" is adventurous for a bride; isnt' it was compulsory for brides to wear dreary 2" or kitten heels? I guess this was the party after the ceremony though. With all the intense preparations normally going into a wedding, getting the dance shoes to fit is rather an oversight really..

/I

/I

i never liked the compulsory 2 inch heels. most weddings that i have photographed as an amateur or as the photographer... the heels have been closer to 3 inch. i've seen only two or three weddings where the bride wore 4 to 5 inch. only one wedding the brided attempted 6 inchers. but she took them off quickly. (in the middle of the ceremony, she dropped in height without warning.... everyone gasped..... the drop was huge!!!!... what do you expect when you drop from 6 inchers) RPM

As much as I like slings, I don't really like loose slings, I mean you might as weel jsut wear mules/slides.

I take your point asd174, but what makes slingbacks with failed straps so sexy is that the're not designed to be worn that way and the fact that one might be stepped out of at any moment is so exciting!

Paul :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen a few photos of Reece Witherspoon in the same pair of slings, but in different colours, both loose. One pair, a gold pair, is loose only in the left sling, and she has worn them like this to a couple of different events. The second pair, a pink pair, she wore a few times without them falling, but they must have worn out because at one event they start up and then both straps finish below her heels. Diane Kruger also wore a pair to the Troy premiere, and one strap fell. The only other strap was a single thin one over the toes, so they would have slapped so loudly!

• 1 year later...

Hey all, I've seen on the internet some pics of Paris Hilton at the 2005 Teen Choice Awards in a pair of slings thast wont stay up. I can't find one of her lifting the strap back up though, which I'd love. Also, Reese Witherspoon wore a pair of slingback sandals to the Just Like Heaven premiere whichone ended up slapping underneath her heel. I can't seem to post any here, not very good with the technology, does anyone have any celebrity loose slingback photos to share here? Do you have any of celebrities pulling their loose straps back up?