A swedish translation please.

Can one of our Swedish members help please. My colleague went to a Hives concert yesterday and bought a new top. It has a slogan on the front: "Nulla Salus sine the Hives" He is intrigued to know what it means. Can anybody translate please - I've checked for on-line translation sites but to no avail. Thanks :smile:

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Yes, definitely Latin. Salus can mean well being, safety , salvation, happiness, so you get the general idea.... You're just not going to have a good time without the Hives, Mate!

Thanks gang. I wondered why the Swedish Translation site I found didn't understand! Found a latin translation site which confirms your thoughts: nullus =no, none, not any; * salus = health; prosperity; good wish; greeting; salvation, safety; * sine = without; * How could I mistake Latin for Swedish - though the Hives are Swedish apparently.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

That quote from Mr. Caesar comes from a very insignificant campaign. Sometimes I think he said it with some disappointment, and perhaps even apathy or boredom! He didn't use vicious, and for those who don't know the quote but are reading, Veni, Vidi, Vici. I came, I saw, I conquered. I forget who he conquered, it was that minor. Yet what he said remains. I'm afraid I am not much of a military historian.

• 3 weeks later...