Favorite shoe brands

phuonginheels

Well, I've always been partial to Nine West which makes perhaps the sleekest pumps around. Too bad they don't go up to size 13! My closet would be full of 'em if they did! :smile:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I like Bandolino. My experience is that they run true to size. They fit well and are very comfortable. For me, Nine West's sizes run a tad small. Usually have to buy a half size larger to fit properly.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I also have a lot of Jante. But for fancy places i usually wear christian louboutin, sergio rossi or prada, expensive shoes, but oooh so expensive. I also often buy shoes in a store here called ken, invito and rikiki, they sell cheaper but also very sexy shoes, very suitable to go out on a wild night when you have to walk a lot.

Hi Phuongheel, is the Invito store still open in Gent? I have seen all the other ones close down around Christmass in the rest of Belgium. Rikiki and Ken are also my favorites for cheap exciting heels and platforms. A little more upmarket is Sacha always offering good styles. As for brands, I like Bronx and Biondini for regular heels, and Hex for megaplatforms. I never had any comfortable Jante shoes so far, I sold most of them because they either pinched or were too stiff. I wish they had Steve Madden in Europe and have already ordered online with good results.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Steve Madden has a free contest open to North American people. You can win a 500$ shoe check if you register without without buying. The deal closes the 15th of May 2002 so you better be fast. In their new additions some might be interested in their new JILL model platform wedge all black flip flops available up to size 11, excellent acceptable summerwear for all (who like plats).

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Bronx is my favourite. At least last winter it was, let's see what next year styles will be like. Also Tiscali is nice. It's an Italian brand that I learnt to know in the beginning of the year. All the brands mentioned in the posts above are not available in this part of the known universe, at least not in shops. And since I don't buy what I can't try on first... br Bert

What's all the fuss about?

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, Bronx, Dune, and Faith are all good. Some of these people rebadge a lot of shoes like Steve Madden does, but what they rebadge tends to be consistently good. I have seen Faith rebadge Bronx and Top Shop rebadge Faith. Many styles are the same with different names.

• 3 months later...

Parade of Shoes and Famous Footwear. But Parade went out of business this year. :grin: It's getting hard to find large sizes in leather around here now. :smile: But still looking for others :grin:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• 2 weeks later...

The Christian L. shoes are real hot! I saw a pair at Neiman-Marcus and they had this fake corset lacing down the back (black stilleto pumps) and red soles. When you looked at the bottom of the shoe ther was also lacing down the sole from heel to where sole finally hit the ground. No one would ever notice unless the lady was on her back with legs in the air. I am not trying to be vulgar, but my wife and a friiend of hers agreed about the "legs in the air bit". I just discoverd the Gina shoes last year. WOW! They are breathtaking both in theior style and unfortunantly price. The have a wonderful pair of 3.5" stiletto thongs which in U.S.D. are clost too $400. Very skinny straps. Renée

Italian, or at least Italian sounding, is the generic answer. Specifically, Sudini, Sesto Meucci, Moda Spana, Via Spiga, and Franco Sarto. I use to really like Nine West, but went by one of their stores today and wasn't that pleased. Payless does some incredible knock-offs--just wish they did leather.

Go gently through life.

Payless shoes are made in China as best I can tell. And I assume it is not the expense of leather, but the cheapness of the fake stuff that leads to them not using leather for the most part. In fairness, they do have a few shoes with leather uppers, but not many.

Go gently through life.

I guess price is a point, after all, they are called "Payless" :smile: I've seen a couple of Payless stores around Melbourne, I'm not sure if they're affiliated, haven't looked into them further as nothing in the window has caught my eye. I would definately have to be real short on cash not to buy leather shoes, I've had a couple of imitation leather pairs in the past and found they weren't anywhere near as comfortable as leather. Anyhow leather is leather, it has a certain natural grain, a wonderful gentle fragrance, you can wear leather like there's no tomorrow and if you look after it there is nothing that a good clean and buff can't fix. Maryanne. :grin:

My favorite brand is viavai, as im blessed with big feet (sz 44 EU) i can not choose from very nice brands like bronx. This brand comes very close. Allthough they addust their moddels a bit to their size. Other brand i like is jean gabborit. GJ ------------------------------------------------ small or big doesn't matter, wear your heels proud .... that is!

small or big doesn't matter, wear your heels proud .... that is!

• 5 weeks later...

My favorite brand is Nine West. I just adore them all! Believe it or not, 60% of all Nine West divisions sales are done in Manhattan! Nine West is a division of Jones Apparel Group (ticker JNY on the New York Stock Exchange). I also like Bandolino, Etienne Aigner, and Franco Sarto.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.