High Heeled Training Diary #13

Laurieheels

The weather is evil. Right now, it is snowing. Yes, snow. In May! It is not right. Evil forces abound! They are making it snow! Enough of this girl's ranting, on to better things. The recovery came to and end for me. Monday was my last day, and of course, I wore my five inch stilettos as much as I could. Why? I needed to get back into practice. I don't even remember much of what I did that day, but I did it all in heels. A good deal of walking at times. It makes me proud that I can do it, and it felt nice to dress up after being sore and tired for over a week. Tuesday was the day. Back to work. And so I went, wondering if I would remember anything. I was back into the grove of my job with ease. I don't remember that day very well, but it was a very high heeled day and the weather was nice. I wore my grey business suit and my five inch stilettos. And it is nice that I can say five inch stilettos and know I have another, higher pair for work when I am ready... Wednesday was a wonderful day. This required a celebration of fashion. Capri pants, four and a quarter inch stiletto sandals, the black ones I just bought, a short sleeved jacket... It was a wonderful day. I walked to work in runners, but I did wear my stiletto sandals for the walk home. Why? Hey, why not! They're great shoes! My feet were a bit tired, but not sore, for certain. And it is a new accomplishment for me, as I walked fourteen blocks in a new heel height. Every quarter inch counts! And I wore the shoes out again that evening! Thursday was a five inch black stilettos day, but the walking was restricted to my reeboks. My feet were a bit tired still, and I needed to save up my energy for work! Of course, after the walk home, I switched into my stilettos again for going out to run errands. My mother came over for dinner. We ordered Chinese food, and she watched Tv with my sister and I. We just relaxed. Of course, my mother wants me to take breaks when wearing stilettos. But she's great, because she remembers when she wore stiletto heels and she can understand how I want to wear them all the time. She also understands how awkward it is to wear flat shoes when I am used to heels. So I have a supporter, but one who worries about my safety and health. I like that. Then the weather goes bad. Friday was another five inch stiletto day, and so was Saturday. Both days were long work days and my feet are holding up very well. Of course, both days had me walking to work in my reeboks because of that bad weather. Saturday after work I was picked up, so no wearing boring shoes to go home! Just stiletto bliss for a few more hours out and about in public. There are no drawbacks for wearing five inch heels at the office all day, or even wearing them out shopping in some places. What is holding me back from wearing the new five 1/4 stilettos? Well, they look almost the same as the five inchers, and I can still wear out my old stilettos before switching to the higher pair. Give it time. But for now, my five 1/4 stiletto heels are being worn at home and being worked in. I don't really notice the height difference, so I am figuring that it will be easy to adjust to the new pair and wear them for work. Once I do this for a few weeks, I think I will be ready for five and a half inch heels, and you kow where that will lead... New shoes and more pictures! :smile: Around the apartment the past few days I have been trying to stay lazy. This means a wonderful leopard print nightie with thin shoulder straps, and my stiletto leopard sandals. This is an excellent look, even if the two patterns do not match. I have also noticed I can do a lot in these particular sandals. The leopards are very comfortable, I even washed a few loads of dishes today while wearing them. I would say I am recovered enough at this point. I can wear heels and do as I please in them. I can work, go out, and do everything but the long and fast walk to and from work. And even then I give heels a try when I can. I think I should try to walk home in heels one nice day every week. This should help push my conditioning without pushing to hurt myself. It is never easy wanting to run when one has to train, but I know I will make it. Of course, I keep thinking about running in heels, but at five inches, this is giong to require practice and some increased flexability. Overall, a great week that proves I have not lost my heel wearing touch during my leave from work. I am thrilled. And if you are looking for pictures, I did post one in the favourite shoes section, under the topic Show us your shoes and be in them. Page 5, for those of you who have not seen it yet. Have a great week everyone. I will try despite the weather. :smile:

Snow? That would be nice, where I am it is in the 90's this week. Here you would never have to worry about slipping and sliding in the snow, just your heels sinking into soft pavement in the summer. I guess you've proved that wearing heels is like riding a bicycle. Ken

Ken

Laurie another great post. I am glad to hear your "official" recovery is over. I hope that means you are feeling better. Well I just wanted to say I enjoy your well written posts. Dean