Why stilettos?

Shafted

Had an interesting question posed to me yesterday from a woman regarding my choice of footwear. She wanted to know why I wore stilettos rather than a chunkier heel. As well as saying I liked the looks of a stiletto better (now this part really caught her off guard) I told her I found them easier to walk in than a chunkier heel. I'm wondering if anyone else like me find a stiletto heel easier and more natural for walking in.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

SHafted:-) After having worn stilettos for decades, I must agree with you...if you have great balance. I don't think that there is a more stylish shoe design available than a pointed toe stiletto with a heel 4" and up, especially in black patent. But of course on this end of my life, I find a chunky heel is more friendly since I can balance it and they are much sturdier under me. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I too find some chunky heels more difficult than a well designed stilleto. Sometimes the bottom of the chunky heel doesn't fall at the same angle as my foot/ankle wants to take, so it forces your foot to it's own angle. A stilleto doesn't have enough contact area to do this. Emma

I also prefer wearing stilettos since they're elegant, stylish and just plain sexy while chunky heels repulse me on every level imaginable. I've had people (mainly women) tell me I look good in spike heels, so who am I to complain? Sure, chunky heels are more stable because of the wider area, but they simply don't have the panache of a stiletto! :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB:-) Your right. Chunky heels don't have the panache of stilettos. I would still love to be able to wear stilettos again as I had for decades, but when it comes to wearing chunky heels or no heels at all...I choose wearing the chunkies. Time has taken it's toll. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I've got a couple of pairs of boots with chunky heels that I'm more comfortable in in public, but for indoor use it's stilettos all the way! I love wearing femme shoes, and stilettos are more girly IMO, plus a lot sexier. I also prefer the way stiletto heels feel to walk in, and enjoy the slight sideways wobble that I don't get with a chunky heel. Sometimes I'm in the mood for chunky heels, but mostly I click around in my spikes! Chris

JeffB:-)

Your right. Chunky heels don't have the panache of stilettos. I would still love to be able to wear stilettos again as I had for decades, but when it comes to wearing chunky heels or no heels at all...I choose wearing the chunkies. Time has taken it's toll.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Well, I'm only 46, so I've got more than a few years of public high heel wearing left in me, and I mean to enjoy myself as much as possible. And, I just LOVE the way I look in a spiked heel and it's what I wear most these days, and will contune to wear for a long time to come!

:wink:

Jeff, I am glad your able to get out and wear the stilettos on a daily basis. Alot of us though aren't stopped by only age (I am 42) but also by circumstance (work, wife, kids) so more descrete heels are much easier to get away with. I do wear stillettos when I am able to (bedroom, car, etc) but have to resort to block heels/wedges when in public. Good luck and glad you enjoy wearing yours in public. Scotty

Hello, Scotty! Well, I'm rather lucky to be in a situation where I'm single and have long since been accepted when it comes to wearing spike heels at the place where I work, and wear them daily. It continues to be a very enjoyable experience for me. :wink:

JeffB:-) I don't mean to say that I have given up wearing heels. By no means has that happened yet. I still wear heels daily...I have them on now as I type this. Your body has a habit of not letting you do things when you get older that you enjoyed doing when you were younger. I've worn heels for decades and I expect to continue wearing them a bit longer. Besides that...I have a reputation to up-hold here on the board as probably the oldest heel wearer here. Wear them and enjoy them as long as you can. I know that I will. Cheers--- Dawn HH