Shops

BBLoverEric

I was wonderring if there were any guys here from Lousiana, specifically the New Orleans are, who buy their shoes in town. I spend most of my time there, I go to Tulane, and I'm gonna buy my first pair of heels for Halloween. My gf said she wants to be like a Dominatrix for Halloween or something along those lines and I told her I would dress just like her. She supports my different fetishes and is starting to enjoy things. I was just wonderring where I might find a good set of sexy heels, either boots or shoes. I know of a few places in the French Quarter but I don't know how large a size they will stock. Any advice is appreciated

Don't go to Gargoyles on Decatur. They only stock wonen's shoes up to a size 12. I remember you saying you were a 13. There's a place right up Bourbon and Dumaine (the actual corner is a bar, the shop is like 2 stores down toward Esplanade), I haven't been myself but I'm sure they stock large sizes. I actually might go there later today and check it out, if not then tomorrow. Imelda's on Metairie Rd. MIGHT stock large sizes, but I'm not sure.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I don't go to Bourbon Street that much, it's way too busy but tell me what you find out. I have a feeling the place you're talking about is The Dark Entry. I know it's on Bourbon Street anyway, not sure what block. There's another place on whatever street is parallel to Bourbon, not Chatres but the other way. It's called Dress To Kill, they have an exoticwear store that I was gonna check too so if you're in the area give it a look over. Thanks for the help.

I went and scouted today, and based on what I saw you're talking about Dauphine then. Dress to Kill is in an awkward position, a block or two away from Canal St. and parking is hard to find. I only drove by for that reason.

It turns out that the shop I was thinking about only sells masquerade masks now. I didn't really see many other stores in the FQ. I know Queen Fashions (www.queenfashions.com) is a local shop, but they ship from an address in Metairie and I didn't see a shop downtown (their phone number has a downtown prefix), so it might be worth it to give them a call.

If you're gonna go the Payless route, the one a block past the Ritz on Canal is the one on Canal that sells a size 13. Most other shops in Orleans go up to a 13 as well. I have yet to find a size 13 in any other store here yet.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

why not try http://www.sexyshoes. com they carry larger sizes (Up to 14 in some styles) and wide widths. Besides, their shoes and boots are not too expensive and the quality is good for the price. Very reliable and fast shipping.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I spent a week or so in total in the french quarter for work.. Isn't the Dark Entry the late night bar? I remember waking up early one morning to go check it out. heh There are not too many places to buy heels in the quarter except for one stripper type shop.. I was disapointed since I was trying to find a good 2.5-4" pair to wear around, since my 5" knee boots were too psycotic on Bourbon's sidewalks. I'm hoping I just overlooked a good store, since I may end up back there at some point. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

the address of queen fashions in metairie is: Queen Fashions (504) 828-9888 (504) 524-4335 3001 19th St Metairie, LA 70002 They also have an address of 907 Bourbon St. I emailed them about shoe availability at their metairie store and they said they didn't have many size 12 shoes in stock. I guess that may mean there would be even less size 13. They also said they are trying to go to internet business exclusively. I also agree with bubba - Sexyshoes.com has good shoes in large sizes and I have had good business dealings with them. Good luck