Attention Guests and Surfers

I don't know if this is a rant and rave but maybe an observation. I recently joined this forum and like it so far but notice that the same names crop up in the forums I visit. These people seem very interesting and it is no bad thing that these people are so prolific. My point is that, as one can see from visits to topics, there are a lot of people reading things and not contributing. I don't know whether it is members and/or guests reading subjects. Obviously not everyone has time to contribute but if one has time to read then one has time to write. Just thought that the more the merrier? GGxxx

Good observation, Gayle Gold. I agree it would be nice to hear about the experiences and interests of "surfers." Let's hope some of them will read these posts and take the hint. :P

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I suspect that many of the guests are actually members who are accessing the board on a different computer than the one they normally use. I frequently will check the board myself when I'm on break or on lunch at work. Where my company's policy forbids participation in forums, I don't log on. I suspect many members also do this.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I admit that I don't post as often as I used to, it comes with swapping my godawful shift pattern for 9-5. I just don't get as much computer time as I used to! I do get to spend more time with my wife though. :P Chris

Please allow me to post my "2 cents' " worth (feel free to convert to your local monetary units as you see fit) as a former and long-time "lurker". I define a "lurker" as one who frequents this site, follows the threads and even follows links but has not registered. Thus, a "lurker" cannot post anything and cannot contribute to the board. I was a lurker for a good two years before I registered. As a guy, high heels are almost a taboo -- at least in the U.S. Midwest where I reside. Get caught in a pair of heels and you will have a rather un-flattering label attached to you for a good long time. So some of we lurkers are rather unwilling to de-cloak, even with the relative obscurity offered by the Internet. About the time I decided to register this board erupted in a veritable war between the women members and the men. Seems the women were perturbed (and rightly so) because they perceived the men were overtaking their forum and posting in the "For the Gals" area. This flaming war delayed my registration for a good six months -- I was not entirely sure the board was going to survive -- and if it did I was not sure I wanted to be involved with it. But finally I did register and have not regretted doing so. Now, I peruse the board roughly once a week -- sometimes more often and sometimes less. If I read something that strikes a chord within me, I will post a reply. I had a fair number of posts -- enough to get into the cowboy boots -- but then the miscreant hackers struck and a good half of my posts went to the bit-bucket. This noticeably decreased my desire to post more, which is unfortunate as it is not the fault of the board or any of its members (or even the lurkers for that matter). But something has to initiate a thought process before I'll post. In reading the material on this forum I have come to the conclusion that a fair number of the members operate in a mode similar to mine. Maybe I'm just projecting but that's the way it looks to me.

Have a happy time!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure it does take the same time to read as it does to write. I haven't posted anything here for months, I come and read about once a week on average, but I do wonder how much time people spend posting on forums. I sometimes have a quick look in work, but there's a report sent to my boss of every site I look at and for how long, so I make sure to spend more time on buslistsontheweb.co.uk than hhplace. Good job I work in a liberal & socially inclusive organisation. I'm sneaking in five minutes before I go to work!

I lurked these boards for a few months, then I bought my first heels. Wore em in the house a few times, threw em under the bed, forgot about the heels and this site til a friend of mine online made a comment about how she couldn't walk in heels. I said I'd make a video for her soon as I got heels of my own (if only she knew). Like a week later, she got her video, and a week later I registered here. I have everything but the video now (new computer).

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I don't always have anything to say. "Me too" is a waste.

I agree, I often think too long or too little before I post. I intended to say writing takes considerably longer than reading if you think about what you post - but then thought it might be taken as criticism of other posters, an impression I was keen not to create. Often people express themselves very well and there isn't much to add.