Wild Looking Shoes!

JeffB

JeffB:-)

No-no Jeff. Don't even consider bidding on those. They definately are not office wearing material and wearing them while street-heeling sure would be asking for trouble or even a disaster. I get a nose-bleed just looking at them.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Not to worry! I just show wild looking shoes to stimulate conversation among the faithful. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing things like those!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how many pairs of those shoes are sold,l but they surely must turn-on a lot of people because you can find that style for sale on almost all websites selling shoes. (Even LSB has a version of their pumps with high platforms (which look gross to me))

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Here's the latest in wild looking shoes I've seen up for auction on eBay:

Posted ImagePosted Image

A standard, non-platform pump in size 14 with a SEVEN inch heel! YOW!!! Just looking at these shoes gives me a mad case of vertigo! Can you imagine anyone actually wearing these things? I sure can't! What do you think?

I could see you springing those on your coworkers Jeff.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have a pair exactly like these. The heels on the pair I have -- U.S. woman's size 10 -- are exactly 7 1/8" tall. If you look at the picture, you can see the vamp (across the top of your foot just above the toes) is cut very high. The heels are so high that when you stand up, your feet slide forward into the toe and the vamp cuts into the top of your foot after just a couple of steps, making them painful to wear. The're fine to wear while sitting at my computer and for training your feet to get used to wearing 7" heels. But those 7" heels, unlike the other three pair of 7" heels I have, aren't really made for walking.

Posted Image

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I could see you springing those on your coworkers Jeff.

Not in this lifetime if what Bubba said about such shoes are true! Even I have limits, and those things exceeds them by a light year!

:wink:

Not in this lifetime if what Bubba said about such shoes are true! Even I have limits, and those things exceeds them by a light year!

:lol:

Even if 5's started feeling a little flat and the vamps were cut lower? :wink:

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

JeffB:-) Bubba says it all and it sounds like he has had the experience of wearing them. Except for the extreme heel, they look kind of sexy in their own way. I would say that they would be a heel only for the bedroom and not for walking. I get a nose-bleed just thinking of standing in them. They should put a very sexy shape to your buttocks and calves for sure while standing in them, which I wouldn't be able to do even if I was hanging onto the furniture for balance. Stick with the 5"ers Jeff, at least you know what you have got there. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Oh, I most definitely won't think about buying shoes like those. When I buy shoes, I do so with the express purpose of wearing them in public, no bedroom stuff for me, and those seven inchers just wouldn't cut it. Still, they are nice to look at!

• 2 weeks later...

Who ever made those shoes not only wasted their money but their creativity, too. What an unusual pair of shoes.........(unusual - read: ugly) :wink:

JeffB, I do believe you hit the nail on the head. All of us should know our long-term limits, what we're willing to live with, without permanent damage, and it's good of you to stay within those limits. Nothing wrong with conservatism when it comes to one's long-term health, particularly with one's ability to walk!

JeffB:-) What a very dangerous pair of shoes. I don't really get all of the spikes in them, but if I were to wear them I would have my ankles shredded to pieces in a very short time. NOPE!!! Not for me!!! Why would anyone spend their valuable time making a pair of heels as lethal as that pair? Cheers--- Dawn HH

JeffB:-)

What a very dangerous pair of shoes.

Well, that depends on your opinion, Dawn. If a woman wore those shoes at a bar and some drunken lout approached her and refused to take no for an answer, one swift kick with that spiked (literally) heel would solve all her problems!

:rofl:

But seriously, I can't imagine anyone in their right mind bidding on those things. But hey, there are more than a few loopy people in this world, so maybe someone will. Just out of curiosity, I'll keep an eye on that auction and see if it piques anyone's interest.

JeffB wrote:

I can't imagine anyone in their right mind bidding on those things

Wearing them in a bar could be considered, in some cases, "self defense" however wearing them in bed would give a whole new meaning to "shreading the sheets." :rofl:

JeffB:-) I'm like you...I would be interested if anyone shows any action on that pair of heels. Keep us posted as you stated that you were going to keep watch on that one. Bubba136:-) "Shredding the sheets", eh? You got that one right. Maybe more than the sheets would get shredded in that bed. It looks a little like a medievel torture apparatus. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I think it best that they not be taken to bed, especially a water bed.

Well, I just checked for that auction and it was no longer up. My guess is it expired without anyone bidding on those horrors. Proof positive that common sense is still prevelant in this world! :wink:

What you say about "common sense" prevailing is true as far as bidders are concerned. But, how about designers and manufactures? Where was their "common sense" when they made those "little beauties"?

What you say about "common sense" prevailing is true as far as bidders are concerned. But, how about designers and manufactures? Where was their "common sense" when they made those "little beauties"?

Beats me, Bubba! Perhaps the designers thought those horrors would appeal to the goth crowd. That's the only rationale I can come up with.

Well, folks, here's the latest offering, considerably more sedate than the last picture I posted in this highly entertaining topic:

Posted Image

I'm trying to visualize a foot in this one, and come to the conclusion that with the right outfit these could look quite nice. I'm imagining that leapord print outfit that Shania Twain has worn.

I can see that pair of shoes on the feet of a pretty young woman dressed in a short leapord print skirt, matchng blouse with the tails tied in a knot in the front and a leapord print scarf tied around the top of her head -- ala 1948 pin-up pictures. What I can't invision is seeing them worn by a street heeling man. :wink: