Standard films with high heels

I don't remember seeing many films with ladies wearing high heels. From memory there is 'Single White Female' where the shoes are pivotal (excuse pun) and 'Sea of Love' where she works in a shoe shop and wears heels and has stunning body (forget actresses name). There is, of course, Marilyn Monroe in 'Some Like It Hot' and the Arnie film with Jamie Lee Curtis (was it True Lies?) where she is a plain Jane but dons some heels to dance for him. There never appears to be characters that wear very high heels unless they are lap-dancers or prostitutes. Does not help our cause (if there is one) of normalising heels. GGxxx

Oh ye - you're right! I have seen 9 to 5 and then another one where she is on a bridge retrieving a bank note and someone thinks she is committing suicide - but dunno what it was called but she wore some lovely shoes in that. My memory is going - must be the dumb blonde in high heels thing. GGxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Dolly was in "Straight Talk" where she wore 6 inch cobalt blue pumps through the whole movie. I was disappointed that she didn't change up. Maybe the director thought that would be too much or maybe he's a dolly fan whose eyes don't get down to the feet.

• 9 months later...

Why is it that loads of people on this site always over exaggerate the height of heels, like the reference to dolly parton above in 6 inch heels, ive seen the film and they look more like 4 or 4.5 inch also i remember one comment about halle berry on parkinson appartently in 5 inch heels, i saw that and they were certainly no more than 4 inch, i could have posted a pic but i couldnt be bothered at the time. I think it must be a case of wishfull thinking

I think that when any of us make estimations of heel height in a photo or movie, we base it on the proportions of our own feet. I think we guys that wear heels try to apply the same sense of proportion to the smaller feet of the ladies, thereby overestimating their height.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The Media, of course, likes to exaggerate immensely. How many times have you seen reported that she was in '6 inch heels' which can mean anything fron 2" to 4". She is always 'tottering' 'teetering' 'wobbling' etc. We have also seen journalists do a feature where they try out high heel shoes - and they are falling over with every step, making a real meal of it. GGxxx