What do men like?

Gayle Gold

I am trying to understand what men like a woman to look like? Do you like very high heels, platforms, ballets - and why? Do you like short, medium, long, split skirts? What tops do you like? What about hair - short, long, very long? Do certain things really turn you on? What about your own partners? Do you want them to look different than other girls? Do you like them to look different outside / inside / in bedroom? Do you like reactions they get from other men? Sorry for barrage of questions but should provoke a discussion? GGxxx

Depends on a number of factors. I always look at a girl with long hair and high heels. If she has nice legs then a miniskirt or hotpants would be the thing, with a nice bum tight (or stretchy) jeans is great. I don't really like to see platforms on a girl but stilettos are more than OK!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

AHHHHHHH!!!! Girl watching! My favorite sport. I just like looking at pretty girls with good figures wearing great outfits and high heels. It kinda covers a large gambit, doesn't it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

You can ask three different men to describe their ideal female and you'll get three different answers! Personally I love long hair, and I prefer curvy girls. As for footwear, leather knee boots do it for me every time! Ideally with a 4" - 5" stiletto heel, as I think that height gives the nicest proportions depending on foot size. Chris

4 to 5 inch heels of varying styles. Long hair. Business or smart casual clothing. Or Goth look; Dark colours and lacy/long jackets/coats and heels. I don't like fetish wear, leather, rubber, platorms, ballet heels, fetish heels or other fetishes like BDSM, wet and messy, corsets and the like.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Pinstriped skirtsuit a little above the knee, thigh high stockings with garter belt and stiletto pumps. Even a sexy pair of glasses work with it too. The classic powersuit, it makes me go gaga.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Pinstriped skirtsuit a little above the knee, thigh high stockings with garter belt and stiletto pumps. Even a sexy pair of glasses work with it too. The classic powersuit, it makes me go gaga.

That's niiiiiceee....

Long hair in a ponytail, nice figure, short-ish (to mid thigh at most) skirt or a very long (ankle+) skirt, and high heels are great. The person must be able to walk properly in the heels otherwise it's a mess though. Glasses can make a difference, yes. Good point.

I am trying to understand what men like a woman to look like? Do you like very high heels, platforms, ballets - and why? Do you like short, medium, long, split skirts? What tops do you like? What about hair - short, long, very long? Do certain things really turn you on?

What about your own partners? Do you want them to look different than other girls? Do you like them to look different outside / inside / in bedroom? Do you like reactions they get from other men?

Sorry for barrage of questions but should provoke a discussion?

GGxxx

Sexy without being tarty. Tarty is for the bedroom.

Part of being sexy is comfort. If the person is bobbing all over the place and off balance, etc., that's not sexy. I also don't go for starkers. Leaves nothing to the imagination.

I like someone with a sense of adventure, a sense of humour, ... someone that likes to push the bounds a little (not tooooo much though).

What I'd like is someone that can dress nicely (smartly) while out, tarty at times in the bedroom, and has a wide tolerance and appreciation (even enthusiasm) for being a little different.

Not too much to ask, is it? :P

She's perfect, but she'll have to do.

As many here pointed out, the whole package is what matters most. That said.... Hair I tend to like longer hair as to short hair (although it depends on the person and how they look, but I really dislike the "pageboy" haircuts on women). Interestingly enough, I tend to be more attracted to darker haired women vs blondes, but again it would depend on the person, and their personality. I would take the "girl next door" look over the "supermodel" look everytime. Clothes Nice skirt (either just below the knee or just above the knee, not overly high; or full length with a side slit is also very sexy) or well fitting jeans (sexy but not overly slutty). Heels Anywhere from 3-6 inch heels, basically as high as the person can walk in without looking like they are going to topple over. I do not like platforms or ballet boots at all. I still think thin heels look best on women while chunky or wedges are best for a man. Scotty

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Pinstriped skirtsuit a little above the knee, thigh high stockings with garter belt and stiletto pumps. Even a sexy pair of glasses work with it too. The classic powersuit, it makes me go gaga.

Heh. I actually had the pleasure of seeing a woman dressed similar to this. She was a short-haired redhead wearing a well-fitting suitcoat/sportcoat/whatever and a mid-thigh length skirt, all black. She had on black stockings and black sandals with maybe a 4 inch heel. I couldn't help but notice her painted toes...

Anyway, in my opinion, as long as the girl isn't obviously overweight and has a pretty face, she can look good. As long as she dresses in a way that suits her, and accentuates her good qualities. Basically, dress well, not trashy. No leopard-skin prints.

'Jen'

If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door.

Dress... I like the short skirts with the open-toed sandals/pumps or of course knee-high boots. My favorite look is the halter top. Of course long hair looks more feminine and sexier. As for personality ... I love women that don't take themselves too serious and know how to laugh. (PS this is not a match.com profile :P ) Pam

I am trying to understand what men like a woman to look like? Do you like very high heels, platforms, ballets - and why? Do you like short, medium, long, split skirts? What tops do you like? What about hair - short, long, very long? Do certain things really turn you on?

What about your own partners? Do you want them to look different than other girls? Do you like them to look different outside / inside / in bedroom? Do you like reactions they get from other men?

Sorry for barrage of questions but should provoke a discussion?

GGxxx

Hi Gayle,

Wow! that's a lot of questions to answer! I'll describe how i like my wife to look. Basically I like her to look really feminine. I like short and long skirts but with the longer ones the cut is pretty important, i prefer tight ones. Slit skirts are nice for teasing giving a flash of leg.

I love her to wear heels. The highest she has is 5 1/2" but normally 4 1/2" is the highest she'll wear out. I would love her to go out in 6" but i don't think it's going to happen.

I also like her to wear FF nylon stockings but these are usually resricted to playtime.

Her hair is long which i love but i also love short hair. It depends on the style more than length.

What turns me on? Loads of stuff, too much to mention here. A pair of sexy shoes alone is enough, but i love dangling and all that shoeplay stuff. I enjoy a nice Damsel in Distress situation, for example where a girl may get her heel stuck in a crack in the pavement and step out of it leaving it behind. I enjoy my wife clinging onto me in her stilettos as we make our way across an Icy car park. I love slingbacks where the straps have slipped down and the way mules flop up and down with that slap slap sound. I could go on forever!

I wouldn't say i particularly want her to look different, unless different means wearing gorgeously high, sexy stilettos when the fashion is for clumpy heels. Fashions may change, but stilettos are always the sexiest footwear.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

Paulxxx

When I see a woman, the first things I look at are her shoes. Sexy 4 inch high heels are the main thing for me. My favourite has to be an elegant pair of stiletto pumps (like in my picture) which have a low vamp so as to reveal some toe cleavage - this I find is the sexiest thing about stilettos - I always get a huge feeling of wanting to kiss a woman's foot right on her toe cleavage. It is a shame that many women wear really nice stilettos which don't quite show any toe cleavage! The enclosed nature of the stiletto pump also means that the woman will probably have amazingly sweet smelling toes! I also love to see women in sexy black strappy high heel sandals. The best ones are the ones with just a thin single or crossed strap across the toes and two thin straps that cross behind the heel and buckle around the ankle - very sexy!

There's nothing like a good bit of Toe Cleavage!

Patience Gayle, I think that it will probably take some time for the ladies to respond as active posters among the women is low.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The shortest, simplest answer to your question is: Yes. Okay, I'm not trying to be flippant here. But as a red-blooded guy I have some views on with this issue. Speaking from my own personal preference I like all of the above -- and none of the above. Sometimes. I like a woman who is comfortable with herself, a woman who knows who she is and has the confidence to be herself. Though she may not "click" with me that is of little consequence because if she (or I) were to change our makeup in some way to make ourselves compatible then one or both of us would be living a lie. This would be unfair to both of us. (I am of the belief -- my own personal opinion -- that a person cannot change his or her makeup, it is part of the soul and cannot be changed. Any attempt we make to do so is simply pretense and therefore phony. A great many psychologists would disagree with me but I tend to regard that entire field as nothing more than a bunch of charlatans.) Now I realize that I may be going far and away beyond the scope of your question -- you may have a night out in mind whereas I am talking more about a lifelong comitted relationship. But one thing does lead to another . . .

Have a happy time!

Aiii for me, as and Asian, have some Asian needs. Of course, she has to be pretty, and slightly shorter than me, yet not too short, yet not as tall as me. You could guess why, girls look great when they are taller, yet high heels will make them taller than me, which will drain every bit of my confidence when I meet my friends. She should also have a good personality, smile a lot, dress properly (not way too properly please!), and doesn’t act like a bitch. As a Christian, I really hope she is one too. And another thing, she could do what ever she like (working perhaps), but at least know how to cook. Food is really quite important to me. And if she doesn’t want to do other housework, fine, but she has to know how to take care of children, if she wants children in the first place. After all these typing I realized I have been describing my dream wife, not what man likes, oh well, I’ll post it anyway!!

• 4 years later...

im bored so why not reply to a 5 year old thread? my dream woman would be in love with heels and wear them everyday not even owning a pair of sneakers. i would love for her to be able to wear extreme high heels and ballets frequently. please no platforms. long hair with very very high heels would be such a turn on. but i would really prefer her to wear heels everyday because in my opinion wearing heels is the sexiest thing a woman oculd do. i would also enjoy if she likes to see me in heels as high as hers

• 3 months later...

I went to Dillard's site and had no trouble finding looks I liked. The hardest part was paring it back to five images. One thing you can't get from the pictures is texture. Soft is always a plus. I like knit dresses a lot.

post-2609-133522914007_thumb.jpg

post-2609-133522914009_thumb.jpg

post-2609-13352291401_thumb.jpg

post-2609-13352291401_thumb.jpg

post-2609-133522914011_thumb.jpg

Oh, yeah, shoes,... I like pumps and maryjanes; pointed, round and peep toes. Simple, clean lines. Sometimes a small platform, what used to be called a crepe sole, otherwise single sole. Medium to high heels, nicely shaped, very thin. Never clunky or bizarre.

Great to see replies so far - proves that not all men are the same.

Interesting to see not one reply on question to ladies so far - maybe they have all left

GGxxx

Well, the question is "What do MEN like?"

I can only answer for myself, and even then it depends on my mood. I know what I like and I know what my husband likes. I have an idea of what other men who see me in the street or at a party like, but that's as far as it goes.

Some men like 'tarty' short skirts and high heels, some men like tight pencil skirts, seams and heels, some men like business suits, some like 'flouncy' dresses and flats and plenty like tight jeans.......but a huge amount of men simply have no interest in what their wives/partners/girlfriends - or just women in general - wear at all.

I can't answer for all guys, only they can do that.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"