Self Admiration and your shoes

Laurieheels

This is mainly for the girls, but I am sure men will reply. I think what would be best is this topic in the guys section as well, so guys, feel free to start it there to compliment the thread here.. Okay, here I go. Do you ever just sit there and look at your shoes? I mean, I do, and I think "wow, I can actually wear these" and I feel damn good about myself for it! It is like a crow and a shiny object, I suppose. I just can't help but look at what I am wearing and be impressed with myself. Does anyone else ever have this reaction, and what does it mean for you? Do you spend time admiring the shoes you are wearing? I seem to be doing this a lot in the past few days. So I am wondering what the other girls have to say about it.

Hello Laurie, First, I must claim total admiration for you and your efforts. Kudos to you 10000 times over!!! I think you've got a good topic here. I'm certain that most women with a mindset similar to yours would do something similar. But I must admit as a guy, I find admiring my own shoes is rather depressing. There are SO MANY WOMEN out there who claim 'I can't even stand on heels that high' or 'I wouldn't be caught DEAD wearing THOSE outside!!' or some other nonsense, that the realization that I can accomplish something that most women won't even TRY is rather disturbing. I am both proud of my abilities yet depressed that, as a man, I wear higher heels than most women!! (Publicly, I wear 4" chunky boots daily...At home my collection includes true 7" and ballet's) I say to all the women out there who wear heels (REAL HEELS that is...) BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED!! Don't let social boundaries hinder your love of heels or desire to wear them!! Admire the lovely shoes you wear and show them off! Make other women jealous!! Maybe THEY'LL get the hint!! To those who lurk and dream but don't wear them yet, GIVE IT A GO!! They'll take practice to master but the joy you'll bring to yourself and many others is well worth the effort!! And you'll have the same wonderful sense of accomplishment that Laurie speaks of as well :smile: Happy Heeling!!

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

Yes Laurie, I have the same feelings even for shoes I have since 30 years. Although as most know I tend to basically hide my shoes under longer pants, whenever I sit down the first thing I do is look at them. Depending on the audience (men or women), I either play it low profile or definitely try to expose them. I don't know if I do it for vanity or for teasing but certainly when the girls or women wear a similar or identical styles. This has never brought up negative reactions so far, only some good honest and positive conversations. Altogether I just love to see my extensive collection on my feet and often look at them. Even walking around I often look at my reflection through low windows, not only to check if my shoes are not too visible for the narrowminded people, but also to catch a glimpse of how nice they are and how lucky I am to have liberated myself to wear all those nice styles in public.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Highluc on http://walk.to/highluc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Highluc on 2002-05-04 18:35 ]</font>

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

i think every one does this. i certainly like to look at my heels and also my s/o 's heels. i especially like to look at my 7" high heels. i can't figure out how any one could walk in them. they do look very naughty, black patent and classic pumps.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

I'm totally with Highluc here. All the same moves. (Highluc, you have a few years on me so I guess I'm copying you! :smile:) I also can't count how many times I've purposely lifted up my pant leg to gaze at the shoe/boot of that particular day. It's not just shoes/boots, however. I recently bought a pair of CCM hockey in-line skates. (reliving my childhood and playing roller hockey with the kids at the town park.....) I've sat the skates on my lap while watching TV and admired them. I guess it's just liking things that look nice and are made well............. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I also look at my heels often, i like the way they make my foot look, especially in sandals, but also in pumps of course. And i feel very sexy in them. I like the view of a foot in a heel, and also like the view of my foot in my heels. And yes, sometimes i wonder, why am i wearing such stilettos all the time? or sometimes i'm also proud to see that i can actually wear them and when i look around i don't see too many women in similar heels :smile:

Hey Laurie Yes, I do! That was the easy answer. The harder bit is answering "why". PArtly it's the urge to be different, partly it's the being forbidden aspect, partly it's the way they feel (which is good, obviously!) Partly it's because I always wanted to, and now I can. So I do!

Time machine? Sorry, I'm sold out at the moment. Maybe some higher heels can help? You can try to use a new experience of a new height to create a similar and new experience at the same time. *shuffling and searching noises inserted here* Oh, I have a quantum flux drive. If you have a space faring vessel, you could install it and try to fly through a black hole. If you are moving fast enough, you can escape the pressure and slip backwards in time. *Manufacturer's Warning* Quantum Flux Drive assemblies are unstable and may result in catostrophic implosion, or a combination of trans galatic transfer with master drive chamber burn out, when any vessel using such a system is subject to a black hole.

It's like when you get that first pair of heels that actually FIT (as opposed to trying futilely for some that are just a tiny bit too small). That first *whoosh* as your foot slides in is the BIGGEST rush. I wore a pair of 5" pumps that day, and just stared...and stared...and then stood up and stared a bit more. Talk about your life-altering experiences!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

When I take a long relaxing bath I often line up some potential shoes to wear later in the day on the other side of the bathroom. I then have all the time to look at them from an almost horizontal angle, admiring them and thinking about the pro and cons of this and that style before making my final choice. New shoes invariably stay there a few days for pure admiration purposes (one toilet is there also providing me more opportunities to check them a few times each day). Looking at nice styles provides me as much satisfaction as wearing them.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

To answer your question, Laurie, HELL YEAH!!! :smile: Whenever I see a reflection myself wearing a sharp pair of pumps (And I don't hide them under long pants! I have zero problem with people seeing them!), and walking in them with all the ease and confidence of any woman, I most definitely feel good about myself and admire myself for the shoes I choose to wear, and am PROUD to wear!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I spend quite a time deciding what trouser leg length and width goes with what heel shape and height. It doesn't matter so much in flats. I do vary in how I look at myself. Sometimes I'm very image concious, other times I'm a bit of a scruff; quite an earthy look. I do like variety and I think there'e a time and a place for all looks. It has to be said I hardly ever spend time looking at myself when I'm wearing trainers or suchlike. Heels and dressy fashions are much more fun and pleasing.

Does everyone have as much trouble with finding the right trouser lengths as well ? I find that one pretty much needs a length for every heel heigth. Otherwise the trousers either droop over the shoes or look silly short. How do the women do this ? Buy lots of pants ?

I've got a quick solution for this. Iron in the turn ups where you want to take them up, maybe an inch or two, trying on with the heels to get it right and pinning as temporary. Them tape them in place with black duct tape. That stuff is sticky enough to even survive a washing or two at low temp. If you later decide you want to wear those pants with different heels, or have a different look, it's a simple matter of removing the tape and ironing out the creases with a steam iron.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Sure I admire my shoes and boots. I check the full length mirror before going out to see if the right amount of heel is showing or not. Sometimes I ask the wife if my pants and heels look right before we go out anywhere. I also check how I look when walking past mirrored building windows and the relection from store windows. And sometimes I inspect my shoes or boots for heel wear---especially when new to make sure the heel and sole pattern show if I am walking in them correctly as I break them in. I inspect and admire all of the shoes and boots that the ladies are wearing in public as they pass the wife and I on our heeling expediions. I just love the fit and feel of wearing heels. As to the adjustment of the pants for the different heel heights---I put my boots on first and adjust the pants either up or down on my hips and waist to suit and tighten my belt to hold them in that position. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!