E bay shoe shopping

bladerunner

I have bought over 100 pairs through Ebay and haven't had any real problems. Sometimes they didn't look as good as they did in the picture, but overall it has been a good experience. Of course there is a possibility that I have been lucky too. I will say it is a great place to pick up something that you couldn't find elsewhere.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I myself have only used ebay once where I purchased a 35mm cinema projector for $10US.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I look at eBay weekly or so. I have bought a couple of pairs of heels from there, when I know what I am getting and the price is low. One was a pair of white Sunset Strip platform slides from a shop leftover inventory sale - very low price.

Ebay is great. My wife spends ages popping stuff on there to sell. I have to smile when I see folk over here selling size 10 Evans shoes for twice what I just paid in the shop. there were a pair of boots on there last week going for £15, but they were only£7 in the shop! if the bidders looked arond again they would have found the same boots being sold for £5 at another auction. I guess this is catering fro the guys who have not got the guts to go in the shops theirselves. there are some great ebayers selling genuinely, but I like to deal with the folk that dont seem to being it for a business. having said that i have just bought a Gregg Alexander CD from a shop in the States.

The angels have the phonebox.

Over the last couple of months, I've done all my shoe shopping via eBay and have nothing but good experiences with the vendors I've dealt with. Given the women's size I wear (13 wide or 14 regular), sizes like those are virtually impossible to find in mainstream stores, so Internet resources like eBay have been a blessing, and I've managed to obtain shoes (well over a dozen) for good prices that haven't put a dent in my wallet. As long as you deal with a repubable vendor, eBay can work well when it comes to buying shoes.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I've bought lots of shoes from Ebay from low heeled clogs to high heels and high heeled boots. I've been very pleased with all of them. Now and then I get a shoe I am not wild about, but its more me not reading all the details more than the person misrepresenting the shoe. So far I've had very positive experience buying from Ebay. Scotty

Ebay is great.

my wife spends ages popping stuff on there to sell.

I have to smile when I see folk over here selling size 10 Evans shoes for twice what I just paid in the shop.

there were a pair of boots on there last week going for £15, but they were only£7 in the shop! if the bidders looked arond again they would have found the same boots being sold for £5 at another auction.

I guess this is catering fro the guys who have not got the guts to go in the shops theirselves.

there are some great ebayers selling genuinely, but I like to deal with the folk that dont seem to being it for a business. having said that i have just bought a Gregg Alexander CD from a shop in the States.

It's not just shoes, I see people overbidding on items all the time on ebay. Some people just don't like to loose, causing them to just be plain stupid.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I've bought three pairs from eBay, and have had no problems. Got them very cheap aswell. My favourite pair are the pink/grey sandals in my avatar, bought for £5 I think.

I use e-bay frequently for buying and selling. With regards to overbidding, it really does prove it's an auction site. The wife let a pair of Nicole Farhi shoes go for £5 when she paid £120, and another time she sold a pair of boots for £35 when the cost £5!

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

• 1 month later...

oops, nearly started a new topic here.....

It's definitely a hoot to have a topic on our funny eBay encounters (with sellers or buyers), weird and hilarious listings with pix as necessary, and generally rant about eBay as source of heels.

My own first rant has to be about the spelling of the word 'heels' itself: so often it appears as 'heals' which really winds me up. To Brits, Heals is an up-market furniture store!

Has anyone seen other misspellings? The only one I recall seeing a couple of times is 'hills' which is kinda appropriate and rather sweet - let's indeed have 'higher hills' to walk on!! lol

One seller insists on listing 'Ladys shoes' a year after I pointed out his error and another trying to appeal to animal lovers is selling 'vegitarian leather' and ungrateful for the spelling advice.

Here's a funny listing still running, quote:

""These boots are in great condition and very sexy to look at they also make a 'cloncking' noise whilst you walk which is guaranteed to draw attention to you in a good way of course enjoy XXX"".

/click on the photo for the eBay auction itself/

Posted Image

if they were black I might be interested but not in that rather orangey tan. they must be quite a few years old too...

/I

/I

couldn't find the 'ugly thread' so here will do...

here's some real shockers which can't be allowed to infect another posting:

the right boot was ok, only the left boot was collapsing with this heel kicking-out.

what's worse is they are so awful even without the fault!

Posted Image:wink:

all wince together.....

/I

/I

Ahhh! Make it stop! Make it stop! Geeze, Ionic, those boots are just plain vomit inducing. :wink:

I often bought 2nd boots at Ebay, and in the Netherlands at their daughter, but actually still their competitioner www.marktplaats.nl . It is recommended to visit Marktplaats or their foreign sisters. Mostly I bought them from Dutch sellers, but once from a German seller and there's chance I'll buy again when there's a pair of boots I wanted.

No problem. Except in the past two times. First, I hoped I bought leather boots, but there arrived cheap plastic ones :wink: Second, I hoped I bought Palmroth ones, but never deliverd. But dozens of shoes deliverd withoud any, any problem, and you can see many of them at my site

Woman Boots, queen of the shoes

I've probably bought 50 or 60 pairs on eBay. I've never had a bad experience -- once I bought a pair of men's size 10 cowboy boots, but they turned out to be a woman's 10. The seller and I agreed that they'd relist them and I'd ship them to the ultimate buyer, and that worked out well. I often sell my shoes on eBay, too. A good way to pare down the collection, but when selling, I keep looking and probably buy 2 for every one I sell. As far as fraud, etc., it seems to run high in certain categories, electronics for example. Shoes seem to be a very "clean" category -- then again I've never bid on a pair of expensive designer shoes. Maybe there are counterfeits to be found there. As far as bidding goes, I nearly always use esnipe.com, setting up the maximum I'm willing to pay then forgetting about it until I received either my winning email or a very rare "bid not high enough." Sniping is not evil. Snipers, lose all the time, too. Remember, it's not the last bid that wins, it's the highest.

I won a pair of nice sports heels on eBay once. When they arrived they were every bit as good looking as they were shown in the picture on the sales notice. However, both shoes in the "pair' were for the right foot. When I emailed the seller to let them know about the mixup, they set things straight by emailing the buyer of the other pair they sold and we exchanged the "mistakes" between us...... :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

{...} However, both shoes in the "pair' were for the right foot. When I emailed the seller..... :lol:

One funny recent auction from a trade seller offered a single left red boot of some or other (?Brazilian) design.

They said it was a total mystery where the right foot went and listed the left in case it might rejoin its other half!! :wink:

I thought it was a bit overpriced however.

I guess there are collectors rather than wearers who might be interested. :oops:

(it's passed now and don't remember where it was, sorry.)

/I

/I

I've bought the vast majority of my immense collection on Ebay. Real leather thigh boots for £25 is not a bad deal and I even got a pair of ankle boots for 99p once and very nice they are too! The down-side is when you're selling you don't seem to get what you would like to get for your stuff. But isn't it always the case that we over value our things and undervalue other people's? I have had one or two disasters. Things not being as I expected or wrong size or not coming at all and the vendor gloating about how he's ripped me off! Thankfully, the sharks seem to have disappeared nowadays thanks to buyers wising up and not buying from vendors with low feedback or too many negs. I agree about the sniping, I nearly always put my bid in in the closing minutes and then watch if I get outbid. I wouldn't do it in the last minute unless someone else tried it though and even then I don't go so high to win at whatever cost.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

One funny recent auction from a trade seller offered a single left red boot of some or other (?Brazilian) design.

They said it was a total mystery where the right foot went and listed the left in case it might rejoin its other half!! :wink:

I thought it was a bit overpriced however.

I guess there are collectors rather than wearers who might be interested. :oops:

(it's passed now and don't remember where it was, sorry.)

/I

You can get shoes copied and for that you only need one foot.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

You know what would be useful? Sometimes I go and check out international sites, ebay spain / france / germany. As we're a international society and I'm useless with languages, can someone who is from each international ebay zone post a link to high heel shoes and boots on ebay?

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

• 3 weeks later...

eBay UK had a 5p listing day last Thursday and listings increased 50% in the size 8 department over night. I assume a similar effect elsewhere. This means they'll end Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and next Sunday. There could be an oversupply and more sellers than buyers so a few bargains around. Things will be as capricious as ever with some brands attracting disproportionate interest - but should be stuff for the bottom-feeders. :wink:

/I