Lovers of spike-heeled platform sandals

sexyplatforms

Dear all, Firstly, as I'm new here, let me introduce myself. I'm a straight male, 32 years old, TV, and a devoted lover of spike-heeled platform sandals. It's so exciting to have discovered a forum like this! I really look forward to sharing my love (and experiences) of wearing spike-heeled platform sandals with you. My heel fetish is very selective and I get a great deal of pleasure and excitement by wearing the 6", 7" and 8" platform spikes in my collection as often and wherever possible! I've been wearing sexy spike heels for seven years now and my first pair were Black 6'" heels with 2" platforms and a wrap-around ankle strap which I bought from Wild Syde on an impulse. Since then I've remained fascinated by the curvaceous and erotic looks of the classic 'American' platform style and have become well and truly addicted! I've only recently started wearing my heels in semi-public places but I've found it so exciting that I want to do more. Watch this space! I'll include some pictures of me modelling my shoes in future posts but, until then, I look forward to hearing your views on platform stilettoes. Love, Sexyplatforms

Dear all,

Firstly, as I'm new here, let me introduce myself. I'm a straight male, 32 years old, TV, and a devoted lover of spike-heeled platform sandals.

It's so exciting to have discovered a forum like this!

I really look forward to sharing my love (and experiences) of wearing spike-heeled platform sandals with you.

My heel fetish is very selective and I get a great deal of pleasure and excitement by wearing the 6", 7" and 8" platform spikes in my collection as often and wherever possible!

I've been wearing sexy spike heels for seven years now and my first pair were Black 6'" heels with 2" platforms and a wrap-around ankle strap which I bought from Wild Syde on an impulse. Since then I've remained fascinated by the curvaceous and erotic looks of the classic 'American' platform style and have become well and truly addicted!

I've only recently started wearing my heels in semi-public places but I've found it so exciting that I want to do more. Watch this space!

I'll include some pictures of me modelling my shoes in future posts but, until then, I look forward to hearing your views on platform stilettoes.

Love,

Sexyplatforms

welcome aboard,

Yes it is great when you find this place.

The next thing for you is to come here as and when you can and let us know what you are up to and what you think of the rest of our postings.

Let us know where you are in the UK, we are a great bunch here and can assure you of a warm welcome at any real life meetings.

Best of luck!

Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

I look forward to seeing your pictures in future posts. I'm new around here too. It seems (and I may be wrong) from what I've read whilst lurking that platfom lovers are in the minority, I'm one of those people who like both :P A nice pair of spike-heeled platform sandals is definately on my shopping list (too many shoes, not enough time or money!). So far, by way of platforms I mostly have boots - one pair of which stay in my car for a little secretive outdoor wear every now and then (I'm not that bold :P ) The nice thing about platforms for me is the comfort of wear and having such a long heel yet be easy to walk in. The shoes in my avatar have a lovely spike but it's going to take me a lifetime to master walking in them!

Sexyplatforms:-) I'm not a devotee to platform shoes as such, but I would still like to welcome you to the HH Place Forum. I'm very interested in hearing of your public exploits and I always enjoy looking at pics and reading great heeling stories while out and about. Welcome again. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well, there aren't too many of us platform types here, but there are a few. The rest don't know what they are missing in terms of comfort and feel. Welcome! We need reinforcements!

personally I think that anyone that the people who dont like platforms dont have the Cajones (balls) to wear plats! :P they make more sense to me than 6"- 9" (ballet) heels! as for them being "ugly", "clumpy", or "surgical shoes".... Excuses!, Excuses!, Excuses! later, TXT-1

Dear Nigel,

Many thanks. I'll keep you all posted on my activities and, of course, keep an eye on everyone else's too.

I live in Exeter and look forward to getting to know the 'sexy-heels' community in the UK better.

Best,

Sexyplatforms

Hi,

Great, I am quite often working in Exeter and would be happy to meet you some time if you are interested. bear in mind that there could be a meeting up in bristol if you can make it, can you travel?

there are quite a few of us in the west and south west, so you could not be in a better place.

again,

welcome along.

Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

personally I think that anyone that the people who dont like platforms dont have the Cajones (balls) to wear plats!

That's a pretty strong statement, TXT-1

Years ago, I had a pair of black patent platform sandals. The shoes had 6" heels with 2" platforms. While they took a little "getten-used-to" before I could wear them with confidence, I really liked the feel of the extra height, I found them to be slightly unstableto the point of having to be very, very careful where and how I put my foot on the ground. They had a tendency roll from side to side.

I was wearing them while walking the dog one dark night. I stepped off of the curb to cross the street and stepped on a rock. My ankle twisted sideways and I fell, severly spraining my right ankle. I took them off and managed to limp back home on bare feet. It took six weeks before my ankle was fully healed. I put the shoes on the shelf and haven't worn a pair with plats that high since.

Now, I don't dislike them. However, I don't trust myself in them. Besides, I'd really enjoy the feeling of wearing a true 6" heel rather than a 4" heel with a 2" platform.

Again, if I had to chose between a heels with platforms or ballet heels, I would chose the platforms. I agree with your statement:

they make more sense to me than 6"- 9" (ballet) heels!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

When I put on my first pair of 6" platforms I felt unstable at first but soon managed to become adept at walking in them. However, even now, as an experienced platform-wearer, I note how they can easily lure you into a false sense of security! Their comfort can easily make you forget the perils of loose or uneven surfaces. I've had a few close calls through being too casual in this respect - though thankfully nothing as painful as Bubba136's experience. Personally, I think is takes bravery for men to wear any kind of high heels and face the challenge of social prejudice (and gravity!). Sexyplatforms.

Sexyplatforms:-)

I'm not a devotee to platform shoes as such, but I would still like to welcome you to the HH Place Forum. I'm very interested in hearing of your public exploits and I always enjoy looking at pics and reading great heeling stories while out and about. Welcome again. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Hi, SP,

Come along to a heelmeet and show us what we are missing with your plats.

There might be a bit of mickey take from the non-plat types, much, I guess, like the Brit-s**t, Jap-crap argument I have with the guy around the corner with a Landrover ( I run a Japanese 4wd), but hey, we're all guys into the heely thing, so we have a whole load of public out there to educate that we're fairly ordinary guys and not supposed child molesters (or worse) !

Xa

Hi Zaphod, I'm inspired by your username to appropriate the wisdom of the late great Douglas Adams: I feel that the answer to life the universe and everything is indeed 42 - a size 42 pair of platform heels (coincidentally my European size) or 42 pairs of heels! 'Vive le difference' I say! I respect the heel preferences of others and, as always, am keen to learn from others. I look forward to hearing more details of a heel meet and to championing the cause of the spike-heeled platform sandal. Sexyplatforms.

Xaphod, nothing wrong with a Toyota landcruiser! or a nissan patrol, or a datsun 120Y (B210) exept the the 120Y doesent rust... it dissolves! unkillable though (although the diff has seemed to developed a whine in decelleration (I think too many reverse to firsts :P ) luckily I have a spare aussie spec Borg Warner diff ( hopefully it has the much coveted 4.10 ratio crownwheel and pinion NOT the usual 3.889! as for plats being unstable I was considering getting a pair of tony shoes' "hot-3" 6" non plat "fetish" shoes but they look WAY more unstable than my "Former Avatars" - I also haven't worn anything higher than 4" arch... the shoes I like cost SO much, that if I can't find what I want, at a price that wont "Break the bank" I'm going to try to Ditch the shoes!... trying the fashion "heels" won't work as I don't like ANY of the Ros Hammerston, Manalo Blahnik, or any of those "Fugly things", as they aren't my style... I also don't like wearing them outside, as here in Australia, people ARE as closed minded as that aussie forum that is being disscused here on HHplace! but I think I like being more of an admirer now... later, TXT-1

Sexyplatforms:-) Non-platform Dawn Here! Heels are heels...non-platform or platform. Just not for me. I sure would break my fool neck by falling off of them. I have already stumbled and fallen off of my chunky heels a few times, while hanging on to Mickey. My side-to-side yaul isn't as great as it used to be. I have nothing against the wearing of platforms, it's just that I prefer to get a few more years out of my body before I manage to shatter it to pieces completely. More power to you for being able to balance on platforms. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

no wearing plats is ok!...

I don't have the cajones to wear my 6" plats in public...

don't know about Sydney, but here in Perth, I have never seen a guy in heels, dressed as a guy, I have seen a Crossdresser or two though...

those who do/can more power to you!

since I don't/won't wear my plats in public, I can't see the point of the exorbatent (sp) footwear prices that shoecraft www.shoecraft.com.au wants people to pay!

if the local Tony Shoes/Maya Shoes agent can't get Maya/Pleaser "Xtreme-773" 8.5" plats in a US womens 13/14 for <$250 australian I'm out of the (wearing) hobby!

later,

TXT-1

Welcome Sexyplatforms!!! Glad to see another platform lover here. There aren't a lot of us but the purists tolerate our tastes!! Looking forward to see some of your pics....

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

don't know about Sydney, but here in Perth, I have never seen a guy in heels, dressed as a guy, I have seen a Crossdresser or two though...

TXT-1

Join the club TXT-1, me and I would imagine most of the guys here have never seen another guy dressed as a guy wearing high heels out in public. I just don't think that there is enough of us around to get good exposure. Hey I haven't even seen a crossdresser in this part of the USA, or ever for that matter. Guess I just haven't been in the right place at the right time in my travels

BTW: Sorry about the "Get over it" remark. I guess being PO'd is infectious. And please always state your opinion, it's never good to bottle it up till it explodes. I'm glad I didn't drive you away.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hi Sexyplatforms, welcome aboard! I only have one pair of platforms myself, but have got my eye on another pair. The ones I want are black satin corset-laced knee boots with 6" heel and 2" platform. Personally I only like the 6" / 2" plats, as I think once you get higher the platform looks too chunky. Chris

No prob! Thank you for the compliment. The most public heeling that I will do is maybe a real real early moarning stroll down the block and back. I have worn some of my plats for this. (Usally my 6.5" mules) But I try not to do it do often. My neighborhood is kind of dangerous espically when it comes stuff like that. (Sorry it took so long to respond. I only have access to the net at work and I'm off on the weekends.) Can't wait to see your pics!

Hey asdf174,

Thanks for saying hi and for the link to your pictures. You look fantastic in your platforms!

I'll be posting some of my pics soon so, as one of the 'converted' I'd value your opinion.

Do you wear your platforms in public?

SP.

It's all good. ~Arron.

i have really enjoyed the stories in this thread, in particular the walking the dog story with the plats and the stepping off the curb and onto a rock! brings back a lot of memories in the wipe out department. i have had a few of those in my time, a few in some very public places and although i have emerged uninjured physically, my self esteem was rattled to the core. thank goodness the wife and lady friends where there to ease the embarrassment i felt. sexy platform, i am like you in that 6 inch heels with a 2 inch platform is the lowest i will go. i'm getting a lot of mileage from my 7.5 inch spike heels with the 3 inch platform as well. nice to know i'm not on my own here in the ultra high heel department.

Good to hear from you asdf174 - FYI I've recently posted some pics of me wearing my platform spikes under the topic 'My Latest Pictures' in the 'For Everybody' forum. Please let me know what you think. Also good to hear from you w_6_i_s_h - we 'plat' fans have got to stick together! SP

Chris, Thanks for the welcome and your comments. It's interesting what you say about the 'chunkiness' of platform heels higher than 6" - I'd never thought of them in that way as, for me at least, the long slender heel offsets the bold shape of the platform. Actually, on this basis, I'm looking for designs of 8.5" platforms with thinner heels than the two pairs of this height I already own - typically, the higher the platform, the chunkier the heel tends to be, and it's not proving easy to find what I'm after! As ever though, 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and it's great to hear from another enthusiast. SP

Good to hear from you asdf174 - FYI I've recently posted some pics of me wearing my platform spikes under the topic 'My Latest Pictures' in the 'For Everybody' forum. Please let me know what you think. Also good to hear from you w_6_i_s_h - we 'plat' fans have got to stick together! SP