BOOTS : Women fashion only ?

HighBoots

Transformation (Euston, London) is the most pushy and arrogant business that I have ever visited. Nope, I didn't part with any money. They must get a lot of shy and dithery customers, but that is no excuse for the staff attitute, which was utterly abysmal.

Quite so! Same here. The only thing I spotted in there that I fancied were the knee-high boots one of the assistants was wearing! They gave me a cup of dreadful coffee, but I, even with my confidence, felt totally freaked out. I made my excuses and left.

I think I'll give Hayway's factory shop a try next time I'm in Leicester :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 2 years later...

I love to wear boots. My wife is very conservative and she kind of freaked out when I told her I had bought a pair when we were dating and I did wear them without her knowing. I want her to accept me for everything that I am and let me enjoy wearing boots, even if she doesn't all the time. How do I progress with this issue. Please give me all comments from both men and women married or not. Email me at keonimana28@yahoo.com

Thanks

Thighbootlover

thighbootlover I privately mailed you about the issue with your wife since I have something similar. About the thread in this topic, what I want to say is that the cowboy boots for men here in Brazil are turning into female atire too. All you can see is in the stores in the men side are boring flat and ankle boots. Some conservative cowboys still wearing 3 inch heeled boots under the pants but It's not my style. Someday, somewhere, somehow I will starting using my stilletos pointed toes in public.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Passed by a men's shoe store yesterday and was saddened by what I saw. Nothing but loafers and wingtips, all eitehr black or brown, nothing else at all. No style, no variety, zip city.

Then I walked past a women's shoe store and it was like a smorgasbord! Pumps, boots, sandals, mules, slingbacks, you name it, it was there, and in every color of the rainbow to boot! Fabulous!

It's a damn shame men have to be so distressingly limited in terms of footwear because society dictates that to be so.

The only limitations we have rest solely amongst ourselves. Were we to revert to buying women's heels overnight, an entirely new industry would spring up to support our change in demand.

I have the feeling that boots become more and more a feminine only fashion.

Oh, hell no!

High-heeled boots have been men's fashion for nearly 400 of the last 500 years.

I'm wearing a pair, now.

I saw no less than three men wearing high-heeled boots in the last week.

I made a fourth.

High-heeled boots are perhaps the most suitable style heel for a male.

Bottom line - they're not going away anytime soon!

I would strongly agree with dr1819's assessment. While pumps, mules, sandals and the like might be restrictive to us as males, boots are universal, for both genders! And if men are willing to wear high heeled boots, which do have a mannish sort of suitability, that means they're broadening their horizons to all new vistas of style and fashion. Boots definitely are one item that ISN"T women only!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I strongly agree Jeff. I find that even stiletto heeled boots look suitably well on most males if coordinated at least somewhat. They are my favorites for style while still maintaining a masculine appearance, at least for me. Other such as yourself can pull off pumps, and while I plan to give them a try. I don't thick I could be comfy with the look. I just don't thick they would work well for me.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I strongly agree Jeff. I find that even stiletto heeled boots look suitably well on most males if coordinated at least somewhat. They are my favorites for style while still maintaining a masculine appearance, at least for me. Other such as yourself can pull off pumps, and while I plan to give them a try. I don't thick I could be comfy with the look. I just don't thick they would work well for me.

Well, we all have to be comfortable with what we choose to wear, since that ultimately affects how you behave while in public. At first, I didn't know if I'd look right in pumps, but I went ahead and experimented, and discovered that I did look good in them, now they're pretty much all I wear. You have to satisfy yourself, go with what makes you look good and, in turn, makes you feel good! And yeah, I think boots can definitely do that for males, if they dress appropriately. Hell, I could probably make a career out of helping men coordinate clothing with high heels! HA! That would be a trip!

:rofl:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

My woman. Cindi, has begun to bug me about my boots. She thinks my boot styles are too much alike, all black and not much difference between them. Her take on this is that my feet need some color. She wants me to buy some red stiletto heel boots. What do you think?

Magickman:-) If your woman has given you an O.K. to start buying boots of other colors then she is satisfied that you can do it. You now have Carte Blanche to experiment with any color your little heart desires. BOY!!! I'd say go for it and don't let this chance pass you by. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

My woman. Cindi, has begun to bug me about my boots. She thinks my boot styles are too much alike, all black and not much difference between them.

Her take on this is that my feet need some color. She wants me to buy some red stiletto heel boots. What do you think?

Personally I think it's a great idea. If she's making suggestions then you're in good shape, and she's probably right if all you have are black. :-)

I have some red boots that my wife makes a request I wear (once in a while anyway - and only after I suggest getting something). It's a nice change.

Take her with you and have her pick them out. Sure to be a winner.

I inquired at the local Western store about red cowboy boots, and was told they were only sold for women in women's sizes. Shortly afterward, I attended a fair where a country-western singer, male, was wearing red cowboy boots. So there!

I was wearing my black 4 inch sandals at home today and chatting with my wife about shoes, she was wearing pink sling backs. When I talked about going shop for new shoes she said "you need a pump, you don't have one. What do you think about buying a pair of red ones???" Sincerely, it was a great idea from her, since my shoes are all black (except 2 men's ones).

BobHH:-) I wonder where that fellow got his red cowboy boots, if they were in male sizes or female sizes. or if he had them custom made for him in that color. Flavio:-) You should ask your wife what style of pumps and what color she would suggest for you to buy and maybe take her along for assistance in purchasing them for you. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Dawn HH, her comment was serious!!! My wife likes colorful styles, she helps me everytime I want new colthes and men's shoes. I changed a lot after knowing her because I aways was afraid to change my image. So, my future heeled pumps should be red, or another nice color found on the store.