Even Dictators like wearing high heels....

barney15c

Kim Jong-il - The North Korean Dictator wears 4-5 inch platforms according to this Reuters story from 25th May I wonder if the picture mentioned is on the net somewhere?

Source:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050525/od_nm/korea_shoes_dc_1

Dear Leader stands tall in platform shoes

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea's Kim Jong-il has grown in stature, thanks to a pair of platform shoes that increased the Dear Leader's height by about five inches, a leading South Korean daily reported Wednesday.

The Dong-a Ilbo published a recently obtained photograph of a smiling Kim that shows him wearing a pair of platform shoes with heels about 4-5 inches high.

Kim's actual height is a tightly guarded secret and Pyongyang seldom releases photographs that show his shoes. Kim is estimated to stand between five and five and one-half feet tall in his stockinged feet.

The photo published Wednesday was taken in 2002 during a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. A North Korea analyst said that Kim liked to boost his height with platform shoes during his rare meetings with world leaders.

"Platform shoes are an essential item for Kim Jong-il who fears being ignored when he meets outside leaders and Westerners," said Sohn Kwang-joo, chief editor of the Daily NK, a Web site that follows North Korean news.

"What would North Koreans think if their leader was such a short man? That's why Kim feels he deserves to wear platform shoes, even if they kill his ankles," he said

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Funnily Enough, I have just finished reading a Robert Ludlum book "The Apocalypse Watch" in which it mentions that Hitler wore elevator shoes to appear taller. Maybe then, if we want to see all guys wearing heels, we should encourage them all to become dictators! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

So, along with being a stone cold lunatic, "L'il Kim" is self-conscious as hell about his height! Astonishing! Maybe he should just dump those ugly shoes he wears now and switch to 7 inch fetish platforms! They'll give him all the height his warped little mind needs! :rofl:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 month later...

Great. So now we're highlighting what to us is normal with the not quite right Kim Jong Il. Personally, if he really wants to be taller, I'd say his best remedy is to break his legs and insert a few inches of leg bone from one of the millions of people who've died under his regime. Then again, that's merely my humble opinion... By the way, in case you haven't guessed, I did spend some time in Korea! South, that is...