those uglt flat thongs...

gaijin gig

Hello all, Well, the warm weather is here finally... and guess what? so are those ugly thongs/flipflops (formally what you would wear to the beach only!) flat and ugly...... can't wait till winter.... at least boots have heels.

Cheers

Don't forget the equally repulsive Chinese slippers which have been brought out of mothballs to terrorize the fashion sense of heelers everywhere! YUCK!!!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

the shoes in this link:

http://img.ebigchina.com/cdimg/183601/583165/0/1093081262.jpg

I don't think they're too bad, but whatever, I couldn't fit them anyway

Some flip-flops aren't bad. I just don't like it when a nice outfit is destroyed by them. And by destroyed, I mean the cheap PVC rubber ones. There are dressier flip-flops too that can make some outfits look nice, even if they're flat.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Well i for one are glad that SOME folks know what looks good..... I wonder if the shoe fashon is the same as here in the US..?(ny here)Like france where fashion is supposed to be the norm..(actually i thought NY was too, but now i dont know anymore) My european ex :P , who lives in france would not even leave the house to put out the garbage if she was not wearing a "house slipper" that had a small heel.. she thought it strange..... even to run to the store for a few items....... oh well.... back to european women i guess..

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Dressed up or not a flip flip is still a beach/shower shoe. They're totaly fugly, and I can't take anybody seriously whose wearing them. It's a total abomination to be wearing them to the White House. Maybe they should have taken their shoe cue from Condi Rice.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I think it's a matter of great disrespect to wear flip flops to a formal function. Would you wear them to a funeral? I think not! On the other hand, there are some sexy styles out there, I like the leather "gladiator" sandals with a single strap that comes back from between the toes to a vamp strap with a sling back.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Skirted-UK:- Quote: "Why are women's fashions so naff these days!?" Could I just say that, as far as women's shoe fashions go, I'm very happy with what they wear on their feet at the moment in the UK. Back in the 90s, women used to wear those awful clumpy styles made by Dr Marten or Kickers. Now when you walk in the street, you see many women wearing sexy high heels, including stiletto pumps, peep-toe pumps, and sexy strappy sandals. Of the women who don't wear high heels, most of them wear a variation on the cute flat ballet pump making their feet look so sweet and irresistable! I quite enjoy my walks in the streets these days!

There's nothing like a good bit of Toe Cleavage!

I've killed my feet by wearing a different pair of heels each day. With the hot weather recently no matter what i wear my feet still get hurt in some manner. Blistered, bruised!!! So let people wear what they like. sal.

Flip flops!!! :lol: Besides hating the looks of them I can't stand to wear any shoes with that has a strap between the toes. I've worn heels with the "flip flop" type strap that goes between my toes and got blisters. So, besides being "fugly" and inappropriate to wear anywhere besides the beach, they're downright uncomfortable. (your feet get really dirty, too. :wink: )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hello all,

Well, the warm weather is here finally... and guess what? so are those ugly thongs/flipflops (formally what you would wear to the beach only!) flat and ugly......

can't wait till winter.... at least boots have heels.

Yeah, well, so do thongs, provided you're buying from the right source:

Posted Image

Not my style, per se', mind you, but if you want a thong with a heel...

I've owned a couple lower-heeled thong sandals over the years, although the heels were either wedges or half-tapers, closer to 2-1/2 inches. Usually black and would pass for men's shoes at a casual glance.

i personally like flip flops. For a casual look, the are sweet with a pair of jeans. Everyone seems to love my red ones the best. Most cheap pairs can cost you $3-5 (Canadian). I wear both girls and guys ones and everyone loves them.

Here is a funny story about some women from a lacrosse team getting flack for wearing flip-flops to the White House.

Athletes Spark White House Flip-Flop Flap

I guess others don't like them that much either :wink:

Scotty

Those girls were an absolute disgrace, as far as choosing their footwear goes. Some of their entire outfits were poorly put together.

Here's a picture of the lacrosse team in question, four pairs of tacky flip-flops on the front row:

Posted Image

They should have taken a cue from the University of Georgia's womens swim/dive team:

Posted Image

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

No doubt in my mind which group are the better dressers. This just reinforces my belief that flip-flops=dumpy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I've noticed that girls flip flops are 1) cheaper, and 2) better looking on me. For comfort, I think they can look good with your attire (mostly jeans) if you do them right. I got a brown rugged looking pair and they make a great casual look.

Has anyone tried or have or like a pair like this?

Posted Image

UGGGggggggggggga!!!!! Thong sandals everywhere at Church today. Most of them flip flops with 1" or 2" teee-niney heels. And bare feet.....all with polished toes, though. Nicely dressed, otherwise, though.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

although not a fan, i can see how some fit it in their closet for their wardrobe. however, to me, it's how you keep a whole population away from heels. they get used to it and then, they complain they can't do heels. i saw a girl on a show beg the show host to show her how to walk in heels. she wanted to surprise her man and had no clue. she was wearing those flip-flops. the hostess said, first, stop wearing those, second, stop saying you can't, third do it!. RPM p.s. by the way, the lesson in wearing the heels was simple. put a size that fits you. take confident steps and stop worrying about how you look. with time, you'll get good a it.