New pair of boots starts me serious street heeling.

Shafted

Well have a new outfit to present (see my gallery updates). After the movie tonight, one of our elderly customers told me I have young legs. I thanked her and told her I always thought of them as my best asset.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from a morning matinee and the theatre and running errands for both my and my parents. I was wearing my Dragon boots, Nike Witness tee and Levis EX-GF jeans. The fun happened at the post office where I was picking up stamps and tax forms. A young woman was ahead of me on line and was receiving a large quantity of packages (more than she could carry on one trip). As she took the first trip I was waited on. Met the woman at the door on the way out. As we passed each other: Her: I love your boots. Me: Thanks!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

A couple of great compliments came my way tonight. I was wearing a Leg Avenue long sleeve black fishnet shirt under my black theatre work tee for a bit of extra warmth, florenscent green hair band that matches the color of the print on my theatre tee, my staple Levis EX-GF skinny jeans, Reddish brown American Outfitter double row eyelet belt and to finish it off my Ellie 511-LOCK lace up granny boots with double padlocking ankle cuffs with 5 in stiletto heels in fake black patent. Many of these element can be seen in my gallery if you need a refresher. The first compliment I got was from customers who apparently haven't been here for quite some time. They commented that they like my theatre work tee with the Pittsfield Community Theatre printed on it and my name. They couldn't see the boots I was in the box office, but I'm sure they saw them later. The way I wear stilettos how could they miss. They could however easily have seen the fishnet I was wearing in the box office however. wink wink The second compliment came from and older woman with her husband (I assume). At the theatre when a customer enters from the foyer into the lobby the box office door is usually open so people can usually see the full length of me once they come in. The short conversation continued as follows: Her: Oh! Those boots are gorgeous! Me: Thank you. I don't wear them much but I decided to wear them tonight because they still have the original tread on them which would be good for this mess after this recent snowstorm. Her: Good thinking. She wanted to talk about them some more but I was very busy selling tickets. Bummer. I have been able to develop a unique personal style where I can even wear some pretty fetishy looking heels with my outfits and people seem to like it. I'm freely willing and even encouraging others here on the forums to outright copy my style if you so choose. My personal style is to wear mainly mens clothes with maybe one or two small feminine items with of course the heels. Tops with bold graphics seem to be my balancing element with heels and I'm very willing to take advantage if this. This mix is really working for me. My goal was to create an edgy masculine look that any guy with a relatively slim physique could pull off. If you think that I have created a look that can work for you be all means copy me.

Well here I am home from a rather interesting day out. Finished catching up on the forums and posting a new outfit in my gallery. Okay the interesting part of todays outing happened while I was picking up dinner on the fly at the Beverage Mart in Skowhegan before heading off to work at the theatre (keep in mind that they are are also a liquer store. I went in and had to wait for some guy for what seemed like an eternity as he was deciding on what sandwich he wanted, so I decided to pick up some of the other things I needed while he was having a moment. When I went back to pick up my sandwitch and low fat chocolate milk I heard a wolf whistle behind me. My hair was down at the time. Pretty sure it was a guy that I saw moments before. But I thought I'd be kind and spare him embarrassment and keep him back to, to me as at that moment I really couldn't think of anything to say (that's rare).

.. I heard a wolf whistle behind me. My hair was down at the time. Pretty sure it was a guy that I saw moments before. But I thought I'd be kind and spare him embarrassment and keep him back to, to me as at that moment I really couldn't think of anything to say (that's rare).

Been there all to many times. Best solution, say nothing and just go on doing what I was doing and give them no attention at all.

There was an occasion where I did turn around looking to say something in return as I was just tired of ' cat calls '.. So I turned around ready to just ' get it on ' and I noticed something!

The guy had great abs and when I looked up at him.. I had a new realization that maybe saying something wouldnt have been in *my* best interests.

Join the club you sexy thing! :wavey:

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

It's really been so long since the last wolf whistle I received, which was a LONG time ago before I grew my hair out. He really caught me unprepared. Looking back I should have bought the guy a beer. Yeah, that's how disarming I am. Reward the man for that whistle.

Had to go out this morning to do a bit of grocery shopping. Out of coffee creamer and milk. Oh, the humanity! So I packed up my laptop and headed to McDonald's for breakfast. After ordering my breakfast with 1 large and 1 medium coffee. I settled down to do a little WiFi HHPlace browsing, next to a glass partition that separated my table from another. A bit later I noticed a guy sitting down at the table on the other side of the partition. I happen to notice him staring intently at the screen (with great interest, I might add) of my laptop while I was browsing. From his vantage point he could not have seen my heels. Nothing spectacular, but interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday nights at the movie begin the changeover process to a new movie, so tonight was marquis night. It meant I was going to be up on the ladder changing letters to the new movie. So I swapped out my 5" stiletto Dragon boots. For a badly grass stained pair of sneakers/trainers. When my co-worker saw me he said, "That I didn't look right in them." It kind of made me go "huh" to myself. To be fair though they definitely didn't go with my skinny jeans. While breaking down the film tonight I pondered that soon I will no longer be able to work with 35mm movie film, and I'm going to miss it. It kills me to see what the movie going public is fed nowadays. They actually bought the lie that digital is better. The truth is it's cheaper, at least for the movie industry. It has been decided by the movie industry as of 2013 no more 35mm prints will be struck by technicolor or deluxe. And the public is forced to watch an overglorified TV set instead. Locked to a fixed pixel count that is only twice the resolution of HDTV rather than a random pattern of film grains. If your a movie goer and you care about the quality of the image displayed, relative to size the HDTV will blow digital cinema away for sharpness, just another case of digital done wrong. Has technology just become one big gimmick for us without providing any real value. I watch people all around me every day tapping on their digital devices. Many of them seem to can't even be bothered with manners, some to the extent where I can't even see them as constructive members of society. Oh,well then, end of an era. It has happened. We have become a digital world with all analog once again religated to the purist. Nothing of our analog past remains but trinkets. I just had to write something different I guess. I did get a high heel bit in there though.

Oh,well then, end of an era. It has happened. We have become a digital world with all analog once again religated to the purist. Nothing of our analog past remains but trinkets.

Such is happening with the whole A/V scene.

Everything being recorded now doesnt go to analog tape like it used to. It goes to a hard-drive or some other storage medium. What some people fail to realize is that the hard-drive in their computer is still an analog device ( magnetic platters ) Its similar as magnetic tape but spins on a platter. :wavey: .

Purists, yeppers! Ive tried many ' digital ' amps and simulators over the years, but always find myself going back to vacuum tube/rectifier amplification. Theres just some things/sounds that cannot be digitally replicated.

Thursday nights at the movie begin the changeover process to a new movie, so tonight was marquis night. It meant I was going to be up on the ladder changing letters to the new movie. So I swapped out my 5" stiletto Dragon boots. For a badly grass stained pair of sneakers/trainers.

When my co-worker saw me he said, "That I didn't look right in them." It kind of made me go "huh" to myself. To be fair though they definitely didn't go with my skinny jeans.

A most interesting and insightful comment from your co-worker.

It kills me to see what the movie going public is fed nowadays. They actually bought the lie that digital is better. The truth is it's cheaper, at least for the movie industry. It has been decided by the movie industry as of 2013 no more 35mm prints will be struck by technicolor or deluxe. And the public is forced to watch an overglorified TV set instead. Locked to a fixed pixel count that is only twice the resolution of HDTV rather than a random pattern of film grains. If your a movie goer and you care about the quality of the image displayed, relative to size the HDTV will blow digital cinema away for sharpness, just another case of digital done wrong. Has technology just become one big gimmick for us without providing any real value. I watch people all around me every day tapping on their digital devices. Many of them seem to can't even be bothered with manners, some to the extent where I can't even see them as constructive members of society.

It's probably worse than you think. I suspect that folks that have watch a movie on an Iphone think they have "seen the movie". There is nothing like a well done theater presentation of a movie.

I do understand the loss of quality in the digital image. I have been using film since KodaChrome was ASA 12 and I remember getting a new lense for a 35mm camera and being able to see the difference in the image when it was projected 6' x 6'. You could use the bottom of a coke bottle for a lense for IPhone size images and no one would notice.

I know from experience there is a vast difference in seeing a painting in person and seeing a printed version of a photograph of the same painting.

On the other hand one persons quality is another persons useless expence. I'm Ok with heels from Payless and the goodwill (probably because I don't know any better though.)

My new guitar is an acoustic wonder especially with new strings. I can pick that sound out from other instruments and it was worth every penny I invested. To other folks its a wooden box with strings that makes noise. :wavey:

Oh well, some times we just have to put up with progress (even when it goes in the wrong direction).

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

When I was researching digital cinema I found out that the highest quality digital releases are coming from 35mm masters and the industry itself admits this is step down process (reduction in resolution). In essence if you are watching digital cinema you are watching a much lower resolution image than 35mm. Proof of this has been shown in digital transfers by E-FILM. In viewing a digital cinema test pattern on the leader the film was easily able to resolve ALL detail in the digital image with many pixel (grains) to spare.

While breaking down the film tonight I pondered that soon I will no longer be able to work with 35mm movie film, and I'm going to miss it. It kills me to see what the movie going public is fed nowadays. They actually bought the lie that digital is better. The truth is it's cheaper, at least for the movie industry. It has been decided by the movie industry as of 2013 no more 35mm prints will be struck by technicolor or deluxe. And the public is forced to watch an overglorified TV set instead. Locked to a fixed pixel count that is only twice the resolution of HDTV rather than a random pattern of film grains. If your a movie goer and you care about the quality of the image displayed, relative to size the HDTV will blow digital cinema away for sharpness, just another case of digital done wrong.

I have absolutely no idea what all that meant. I just go to the movies for cheap thrills and pricey popcorn. :wavey:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

It kills me to see what the movie going public is fed nowadays. They actually bought the lie that digital is better. The truth is it's cheaper, at least for the movie industry. It has been decided by the movie industry as of 2013 no more 35mm prints will be struck by technicolor or deluxe. And the public is forced to watch an overglorified TV set instead. Locked to a fixed pixel count that is only twice the resolution of HDTV rather than a random pattern of film grains. If your a movie goer and you care about the quality of the image displayed, relative to size the HDTV will blow digital cinema away for sharpness, just another case of digital done wrong.

I don't really understand the grain thing as I've never dealt with film before, but I do understand the digital side. 1080p looks just fine on my 23" monitor here, but that's nowhere near the size of a theater screen. That sounds like it would be a noticeable decrease in quality if it's only going to be twice the resolution. I might as well just wait for it to come out on dvd and watch it on my computer once I get a better headset.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛABΕ

I don't really understand the grain thing as I've never dealt with film before, but I do understand the digital side. 1080p looks just fine on my 23" monitor here, but that's nowhere near the size of a theater screen. That sounds like it would be a noticeable decrease in quality if it's only going to be twice the resolution. I might as well just wait for it to come out on dvd and watch it on my computer once I get a better headset.

Each screen has a resolution that it is capable of...

My 24" monitor for example, 1920 x 1200 pixels...

So, 1080HD video doesnt even fit on my screen, it leaves a border round the edge if played at 100% of its own size...

If you then make that even bigger, say for example, my 36" HDTV, that has a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels (widescreen) or something stupid like that, then all your really doing is making the movie pixels bigger, to fit them onto the screen at 100%.

Like when you blow up a small photo on a photocopier...

You dont have any extra data to make the resolution better, so the bigger it gets, the worse it looks.

Or for the graphics folk, its like the difference between enlarging a jpg or a vector graphic. The Vector is the analogue and the .jpg is the digital HD.

I think thats about right? Is it? Sounds right in my head... lol

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Modern 35mm movie film is composed of a clear polyester substrate(base) that has a solidified gel emulsion containing 3 different light sensitive color dyes which store the frames, stereo analog optical soundtrack, Dolby Digital soundtrack, SDDS (Sony Dynamic Digital Sound) soundtrack and a time code track for DTS (Digital Theatre Systems). (see attachment)

Grain are the microscopic particles of color dye that are evenly and randomly distributed over the surface of the film suspended in the emulsion. While grain is visible in a greatly magnified image (see attachment), remember the distribution is random so every frame has a different pattern. Think of your computer monitor as having pixels that can move around with ech refresh so you can't see them. The resolving power now becomes theoretically unlimited due to the averaging nature of the human eye.

That's the true magic of film that digital can't reproduce due to a fixed matrix of pixels. Digital has been likened to looking at the world through a screen door. The analogy is a little extreme but accurate.

Well for the sake of this forum many a high heels have graced this wonderful medium over the years.

post-1854-133522977707_thumb.jpg

post-1854-133522977714_thumb.jpg

Back in the B&W darkroom days the enlarger was focused by reflecting the image on the easel back through a lens that magnified the image so you could accurately focus the enlarger. I had one focusing tool that was magnified enough to see the grain in the film. To my surprise this device is still manufactured and available today. post-928-133522977716_thumb.jpg A good color film and good lenses can resolve about 120 lp/mm, i.e. 240 pixels/mm. This means a 35mm frame has a resolution of 36*240*24*240=49,766,400 (almost 50 MPixels). A good fine grain B & W film has a much higher resolution than that. But image resolution is only half the story, film has a much higher dynamic range than charged couple device. It takes about 12 bit to represent the graduation of black to white (8092 shades of gray) available in normal film and even more in fine grain film. Is this much data wasted on an Iphone or computer monitor or any TV image… absolutely. The process of converting an analog image (film) to digital throws away most of the data but your eye puts it back in when we see the image. That works for a small display, and a 48” TV is a small display when compared with a movie theater screen. When an image 36x24 mm is enlarged to movie screen size 36x24 feet (a factor of 92,903.04) it requires there be a lot of information in the film to start with. It sounds to me like the movie industry has decided on a resolution level that the viewing public will tolerate on a big screen but not one bit more. This reminds me of the old Beta VHS fight for the VCR market. Beta had a much better image and digital sound while VHS had a lower resolution and analog sound but VHS could cram 6 hrs. of awful quality image on a tape while Beta held the higher standard and was limited to 2 hrs. Try to find a Beta player today. For that matter, try to find 35mm film today. :wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I spent part of the day today at McDonald's in another oversize sweater with skinny jeans an my Kimel List boots. I was there for 2-3 hours browsing hhplace with my laptop using their Wi-Fi connection. I happened to notice a teenage boy holding his cellphone camera in my direction. I hope he got a good picture. I hope he shows it to a lot of people. Little did he know that I was using him to spread the word.

Wow, what a totally gorgeous day today. Mid March T-shirt weather. Wore a beige oversized chenille sweater with my Levis EX-GF jeans and Restricted Barbarella boots with 4 inch stiletto heels. First stop on this outing was Al's Pizza in Skowhegan. I was craving a fresh dough hamburg and mushroom pizza. I went up to the counter and ordered my food then proceeded to a table in the dining room. A group of four teenagers (3 girls, 1 boy) came in one at a time while I was waiting for my food. All noticed in passing but it didn't seem to be any big deal to them. I certainly hope I was a worthy topic of their discussion. Next it was off to the bank to make a deposit. Chatted about the wonderful weather we were having with two of the tellers. Then it was time to hit Dollar Tree for some groceries. Filled a shopping cart for $50. Again despite there being people all about the store no one said a peep or gave me any disapproving looks. Chatted with the cashier and the woman behind me in line as I was loading up the conveyor with my stuff. What a wonderful world/time we live in when a guy can go pretty much anywhere in public in stilettos and not only be tolerated but generally accepted. Again it's about creating that positive image of a guy in high heels. Whew, time for a clothing change. That sweater is just too darn hot for this weather. Went home and took care of the groceries and changed the sweater for my DKNY tee and headed to Rite Aid for some of that 4 rolls for a $1 toilet tissue. Again everyone saw but it really was no big deal for them. I think it's safe to say I made my mark.

Shafted, I totally agree with you about this unseasonable warm weather we are having this March, when you can sit outside and sip a nice cocktail is really great for this time of year. Yesterday, I got one of my totes out with summer sandals in it. Put a pair of heeled sandals and took the wife out for an ice cream treat. What a line for a Sunday evening in Mid-March. I think that I will have to move up the date for a spring pedicure, if this unseasonable warm weather continues. Sandals with capris or shorts will be the order of the day. Incidentally my wife got her pedicure about a week ago. I was thinking about mid-May, but will have to move that up this year. Incidentally, today Monday is the 5th day in a row that a record high temp was established in my area. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Here I sit in the dining area of the Skowhegan McDonald's, wearing my Levis EX-GF jeans, beige chenille sweater, and my Miss Tina black suede over calf boots with a gold 5" stiletto heel and gold piping and sole. This is kind of becoming a regular habit for me. I think the big draw for me is their Wi-Fi connection that allows me to browse HHPlace in an envirnment where people are coming and going all day. I suppose it's a bit of people watching as well. It's a great place to be seen wearing heels. People come and go with barely any reaction at all. I haven't as yet had anyone approach me about my heel wearing, but certainly will welcome it if they do. This is something that I'm finding rather enjoyable, beats being online from home any day.

..and my Miss Tina black suede over calf boots with a gold 5" stiletto heel and gold piping and sole.

Pics of the boots? Ya dont have to be wearing them.. Im just into the 80's type of metal heels..

Yeah, I should know better than talk and no show. Here ya go. Not a metal heel really.

post-1854-133522977768_thumb.jpg

post-1854-133522977772_thumb.jpg

New gallery updates for spring. A very candid set shot by Vanessa. Couldn't wait to get these shoes off tonight when I got home. I have had to resort to wearing them barefoot to keep them on my feet as they are too large for me to wear with nylon stockings now. I love these shoes so if I'm going to continue wearing them barefoot I'm going to have to go to work on them to relieve some of the areas of abrasion. I do believe moleskin in in order for this task. Some of the inner liner seams are a problem as well as the top of the heel cup. At least I have another pair of pumps on the way, in my new size. Some of my encounters today dressed like this? Well I dined at Kwong Lee Chinese restaurant in Pittsfield, before work at the theatre. Lot's of Asian foreign exchange students from MCI dine here regularly. Never had a problem.

Here I sit at McDonald's again wearing my black theatre work tee, heather gray Levis Action Slacks and my Frederick's of Hollywood black patent and pinstripe pumps with silver buckle detail. Noticed one female employee taking more than one look at my shoes with noticeable curiousity on her face. Noticed a couple of the other customers looking as well.

Hah! Just became the subject of another cell phone photo.

Hah! Just became the subject of another cell phone photo.

I assume it was another teenager?

I can see it now...

"OMG its a guy in high heels!" *pic*

"Weeeeird"

"What the?"

"That's a new one"

"He must be gay"

and don't forget the

"Where did all the REAL men go?"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛABΕ

I assume it was another teenager?

I can see it now...

"OMG its a guy in high heels!" *pic*

"Weeeeird"

"What the?"

"That's a new one"

"He must be gay"

and don't forget the

"Where did all the REAL men go?"

Actually no, it was a young heavy set but not unattractive woman. I beleive she was wearing a pair of rattan wedge sandals with her summer dress.