A stroll in the park.

larry

Hi Guys...Been away on business for awhile. Anyway yesterday morning I awoke at 4am, grabbed a pair of nylons and 5* stilletos and drove to an ocean front park not far from home. I slipped on my hose and heels and walked through the park for about 30 minutes, It was still dark and I was all alone. Next a car pulled up and I was caught in the headlights so I sat down on a bench and tucked my feet underneath. It turned out to a lady with a small dog on a leash. She walked past me and we exchanged good mornings. Two minutes later I tried to make a break back to my car but the lady came back to where I was sitting and asked for help. Her dog was tangled in its leash and what a tangle it was! We were crouched over, her holding the dog and me working on the leash. More headlights and now comes a female cop with a flashlight. She held the light on the leash while I fixed it and i'm sure that two ladies saw my shiny black patent heels, theyre hard to miss but neither said anything. Ok the ladies left but now comes more headlights and a car parks next to mine not more than ten feet from where i'm sitting. A group of fishermen come parading back and forth and i'm stuck there with my feet under the bench. OK. 20 minutes later the coast is clear and I teetered back to the car and changed shoes. Down the road I gassed up the car and stopped at a reaturant with picnic tables out side. Im siting at the table drinking coffee and here comes the dog lady from the park. She laughed and sez i'm not following you. a minute later she came out with a cup of coffe and sat at my table. She looked under the table, laughed and said Why arent you wearing your heels? I was mid way of swallowing my coffee and it went every where. I felt my face turning red and we couldnt stop laughing. Finaly things calmed down and we talked for over an hour. ( LIZ ) is educated, smart an has a great sense of humor. It was a great way to start a day but if my wife ever finds out i'm DEAD

Love those heels!

what a good story. I would guess the most embarrassing thing about the whole incident was choking on your coffee when she asked why you weren't still wearing our heels. LOL

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Larry

What a great adventure. There really are a lot of tolerant people out there and many of them are “smart, well educated, and have a great sense of humor”. They appreciate that we aren’t all cut out of the same mold and variety is interesting.

I was kind of wondering what reason you gave her for not wearing your heels? :P

Sounds like you had a great morning and made a new friend. Like you said, “what a great way to start a day”.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

It would be hard not to spew coffee after a shocking remark like that! That is so atypical of what most would consider a 'real life' situation. I'm glad you had such a great time, and it seems you made a new friend in the world along the way. Congrats!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Great story with a cool ending. The part where you are untangling the dog sounds like a script from a Woody Allen movie. But it all ended well and overall it probably made you feel pretty good.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!