Colour test - heels and stockings

Laurieheels

Laurie is right. I match black with black. Only when I really want to look trashy I choose red stockings (fishnet) with black boots. Then you can collect looks by the dozen. I hate white. Just reminds me of hospitals. And I guess everyone else. Or weddings! _________________ Never without 5" heels <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: viktoriaheels on 2002-05-25 22:14 ]</font> <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: viktoriaheels on 2002-05-25 22:15 ]</font>

Never without 5" heels, and always with a very short skirt

Is there a certain feminine flirtatious joy that women get out of dressing trashy (assuming you're not doing it on the wrong side of town), or am I missing something here? _________________ Hi-Heeled Boots, Bodysuits, and Back-Zipper Pants R wikkid-kool (on me, or U)! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-05-27 23:02 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Yes, for me there is this joy, dresing trashy is provocative. Yesterday I saw a woman at the airport, dressed all in black, black stockings or hose with seams and yellow(!) courts with 3 inch heels!!! Very trashy!

Laurie wrote: "Dressing trashy can be dangerous anywhere. I think that sometimes, a classy image has to be maintained unless one is prepared for the possible consequences." This is so true -- a message my wife and I have preached to our daughters for over 20 years (and are still preaching regarding bathing suites). Teenagers today don't seem to recognize the wisdom of Laurie's statement. Seeing 14 to 19 year old young ladies migrating through the hallways our city's malls "almost" dressed, causes me wonder how much self-respect they have. They attract the wrong kind of attention. If you want to be respected, earn it by acting and dressing decently. If you want to attract trash, then dressing trashily does it every time. As the old saying goes, if lie down with dogs, you'll chatch fleas.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I agree, that a woman has to be very careful when she is dressing "trashy". You might be misunderstood as an easy "prey", as men might see girls too easily. In Argentina, where I was born, a certain type of dressing (short skirt, tight clothing, high heels etc.) is called "llamativo", which means "calling for attention". In the streets of Buenos Aires it is very common that men whistle, when they see a sexy dressed women, or they murmur remarks when a woman walks by. It is good to keep the eyes down. But it has no effect on the fact, that women there like to dress "llamativo". You will never see as many very high heels than in Buenos Aires. In the US or in northern Europa that is quite different. Only few men will comment your way to dress. But probably it is even more dangerous. On the other hand: I am 34. I am aware of the risks. I dress "llamativo" anyway and still like it.

• 2 weeks later...

To me trashy and sexy are not nescesarily the same. The outfit you you described I'd call sexy. Now, if you'd change the stockings for red fishnet's and the boots for some pumps I'd call it trashy, but still a bit sexy.. :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

• 4 months later...

Well, I'm of the opinion that looking stylish can be sexy as well. The first time I wore black from head to toe at the office (open necked shirt, tailored pants, hosiery and patent pumps), everyone said I looked great and attractive. If you look the very best you can, even in clothes that aren't considered sexy, then you can be looked upon as sexy! :-D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!