The Passion of the Pump----Redux

JeffB

Posted Image

This had been one of the posts that went bye-bye during the recent troubles the board suffered from, so I thought I've revise this topic, that being my unabashed love for the pump.

From the first time I wore women's shoes (my mother's) when I was 13, it was pumps, and it was quite literally love at first sight for me. The sleek, simplistic, uncomplicated styling of a pump makes it, in my mind anyway, the ultimate woman's shoe, especially a black pump, like above, which is incredibly, amazingly SEXY. I just can't get enough of pumps and they easily turn my head and makes my mouth water when I see them displayed in shoe stores.

For thirty years, there's been no other shoe I've loved or worn more than the pump. Sure, slings, boots, sandals and mules, etc. are nice, but pumps are head and shoulders above the rest, and it's the main shoe style that dominates my collection today in a growing myriad of colors. Every time I step into my pumps, I can't help but feel bold, proud, empowered, even sexy in my own way. And wearing those shoes never fails to put a smile on my face.

I'm sure there are others out there who love and appreciate the wonder and the majesty that is the pump. So, let your voice be heard and share your passion for the ultimate woman's shoe!

:P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB:-) Your use of pumps mirrors mine over quite a few more years than yours, but I must agree again with you. I, also have worn other styles of shoes and for me the pump is the ultimate shoe. So versatile and sexy. With me, boots comes in at a close second. I have also admired them greatly and I enjoy wearing them in my street-heeling forays with Mickey. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Yeah for me it was mules. But pumps have allways been a close second. But thats started to change here in the last few weeks. I've been makeing myself were my 6 inch pumps around for 3 hours + in here in the last few weeks because I never could really walk in them. Now I'm starting to get a hang of it a little bit even though I'm still wobely. But anyway I've found out that I love pumps. Maybe even more then mules now. I just ordered four more pairs last week. :P

It's all good. ~Arron.

Wow, ASDF, six-inchers, for three hours!? Jeff, my first love is sandals. But pumps are closing in, for three reasons: 1) I feel my foot supported and nurtured; 2) No buckles or eyelets to struggle with; 3) They look so elegant, with their lazy-S shape. Rainbow :P

In 100 years no one will care that you wore high heels today.

Yeah. My feet are usally killing me afterwords. (hahahah funny I never thought I would be saying that but now that I did I almost can see how women feel when they say it.) But it was still pretty cool.

It's all good. ~Arron.

Wow, ASDF, six-inchers, for three hours!?

I'm impressed as well! I couldn't do that, so more power to ASDF!

Jeff, my first love is sandals. But pumps are closing in, for three reasons: 1) I feel my foot supported and nurtured; 2) No buckles or eyelets to struggle with; 3) They look so elegant, with their lazy-S shape.

The ease that comes from wearing pumps is another reason why I love them. You just slip them on your feet and go! No time spent with straps, buckles or eyelets as you stated. I prefer to keep things simple in my life, and pumps are the ultimate in simplicity when it comes to women's shoes!

-> JeffB I really love all your pumps you've shown in your postings. I've always thought that pumps like the one shown at top, are the true, ultimate female style to wear. I do agree that it's so easy to put them on and just walk away. Through the years I've had some different styles but never dared to use them in daylight.

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

When I first began wearing heels several years ago, I found a pair of slightly worn black leather pumps with 3-1/2 heels. They fit very well, but there was something about the look I didn't like, regardless of whether I wore them shorts or slacks. I guess it's just the appearance of bare skin on the instep. I don't mind that with sandals, but when I'm wearing a shoe, I'm more comfortable covering it up.

Interesting, Gene. I find the instep the sexiest part of the foot, bare, or in hose, or even crew socks!

Rainbow

Crew socks? ICK! Give me hosiery any day in the week, and twice on Sundays!

Nhoj62:-) Whether at home or in public...you should look your best and co-ordinate your outfit when wearing heels. Crew socks and heels is a definate no-no! Like Jeff says, "I'll take hosiery every day in the week and twice on Sunday", and I do except only one pair on Sunday for me, and definately a pair every day in the week. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Crew socks are thick white socks, usually worn with sneakers. To pair them with heels are the ultimate fashion no-no! :P

Crew socks? Why would anyone ever wear crew socks with high heel shoes? Anklets, emmmmmm, perhaps....But, crew socks? Never...to thick for one thing and down right ugly for another. Not even in boots. :P

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

LOL! Socks like this, but thinner, were always worn with pants, and only with wedges. To imagine wearing only the socks with high-heeled sandals, even alone at home, appalls my sense of balance and composition. But fashion no-nos, like wearing plaid pants with a plaid shirt, or a dark-blue shirt with chocolate-brown slacks, are subject to change: these combinations are now approaching respectability. Is a man wearing high heels, wearing socks, with or without pants, inherently abhorent? :P Rainbow

Hi, guys, :P

I want to tweak your fashion-outrage a little. So here are two photos of me wearing those detested crew socks with my red sandals, the ones with four-inch heels.

I think the combination is sexy as hell!

LOL!

Rainbow

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pumps are also my style of choice. I don't understand why other high heel styles don't affect me the way pumps do.

Crew socks with high heels? That just does not get me excited.

Now if they were lacey or had ruffles as in here, that would would be another storey :P .

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

As they say:"What ever floats your boat." But, quite frankly, I find the look quite disgusting. But then, a lot of people do things they tell about on this fourm that I find disgusting.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Posted Image

Posted Image

In a word: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!

That's gonna give me nightmares for days!

:rofl:

i sooo agree. i have been wearing pumps since i first worked and could buy my own. i have many pairs...bought 2 new pairs last week in m&s in oxford st.wore the black 3in heeled wt my long denim skirt all afternoon shopping. i wore new lace panties underneath for those who are curious.....

Johninheels, you indicate that you are in Hong Kong and wear skirts, heels, etc., when in London, Paris or other cities....why not in Hong Kong.. After all, Debbie (whom we miss terribly) also lives there and wears her high heels every day. Why don't you do the same? :P

Posted Image

Now that I think about it (and I'm trying not to do too much, upsets my stomach), I believe I had seen girls and young women wearing white socks, mostly anklets with heels back in the 80's. That look was yucky then, and it hasn't gotten better today!