The Pink Question

JeffB

Call me stone cold crazy (heaven knows I've been called LOTS worse things), but over the last few weeks, I've been seriously thinking about wearing pink shoes like these below:

Posted Image

Pink is the "in" color for men to wear of late and I've seen men out and about in pink shirts, ties, even suits. Men's clothing stores are absolutely filthy with hues from baby pink to hot pink. Now, I already have a shirt in the same hue as the pumps above and would pair them up with black pants and suntan pantyhose. I really think I could make it work, still, pink would make for one hell of a departure, even for me, bolder than anything I've done to date, short of wearing thigh high boots. So, I'd appreciate it if you'd chime in with your opinions on this question.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I think if anyone can pull it off, it would be you. I have pink pumps myself, and I'm just trying to find the right co-ordinating clothes to complement them. The ones I have include metal spikes on the heels, so that's gonna make it even harder. Need pics..........lots of pics! :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

If you could "get aware with" wearing those pink shoes, you could "get away with" wearing any color in any style. And personally, given your flair and taste, I think you could "pull it of.f"

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Posted Image

Well, to paraphrase Ozzy Osbourne, I boarded the crazy train and ordered a pair of pink pumps like these above last night. With any luck, I should get them by the start of next week. In the end, I just couldn't resist the urge to buy them. They're such incredibly pretty shoes, I just HAD to have a pair. After wearing black, black patent, red, red patent, white, brown, navy, beige and recently, lime green, pink will be the ultimate test of how well I'm accepted in heels by my co-workers. Of course, I'll keep everyone appraised!

Jeff, it's funny how we think alike at times. I was torn between the soft pink and the hot pink. In the end, academic detachment won and I decided to go with... neither. Keep us updated on how the auction et al goes.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Jeff,

Bought these recently- they have a bit of pink in them.

Might be a bit to lairy for everyday wear though also would like a more conventional heel than the ornate one on these.

J Renee size 13W US - so would fit you, would these be you style?

Posted Image

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Barney, great shoe! Wear it with joy.

:D

Rainbow

Thanks Rainbow :P

They are a bit flash but I like them - cost me $70 plus shipping so I'll be cutting down on the shoe buying for a little while. :P

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

JeffB:-) That pink pair of pumps sure is a very pretty shoe and I'm glad that you ordered a pair for your collection. I think that if you pair them with a pink shirt, black pants and Suntan hosiery like you said that you can successfully wear them to the office. Your co-workers have accepted any out-fit and shoes that you have come up with and I think that they will accept the pink and black combo too. They are used to you coming up with new ideas and color combos and I expect that they will go along on this one too. Go for it, my friend! Let us all know all the results, please as usual. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well, a bit of a setback. The company I ordered the pink shoes from informed me that they're on backorder until September. URGH! But I'm not deterred as I'll look for another retailer or troll eBay and hope to get lucky. This just makes me more determined to have pink pumps in my collection. I'll keep everyone appraised on my progress! P.S. This just occured to me. I'll need to have pink panties to wear in order for my outfit to be properly color coordinated. I'll see about that too! :P

JeffB:-) I'm sure that you will be able to find a pink pair of pumps and I'm sure that they will make a fine addition to your heel collection. I have a light pink pair with a small strap around the ankle and attached to the top of the heel cup. Very comfortable and they look very sexy on me. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Well, luck seems to be with me as I found an eBay auction for a pair of pink pumps like in the pic at the very top of this post and have placed a bid on them. The auction ends on Wednesday, so maybe I'll manage to win those shoes! Now I'm thinking about hot pink as well! Hey! Might as well go for broke! :P

JeffB:-) Go for broke, (Hopefully not your checking account), as your on a ROLL and you may as well ride it out as far as you can and have as much FUN as you can. Enjoy, my friend! Your in an extremely unique situation that we all envy. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Well, I don't have a checking account to worry about, so that's one less concern! Heh! And I've been fairly careful about the money I've spent on shoes, but since 13 plus size shoes are so hard to find, I don't want to pass up any opportunity to get my hands on as many pairs as I can afford. But this does raise a bit of a problem, after pink, I won't have very many colors in the rainbow left to wear!

:rofl:

running out of colours to wear, disaster!, u may have to wear a pair more than once, oh how terrible this hobby can be, NOT!. lol i am sure u will cope even if u run out of colours jeffB later nhoj62

Well, off the top of my head, the only colors I don't have in my collection at present are orange, yellow and purple. Admittedly, it'd be interesting to find shoes in those colors! :rofl:

Well, in the meantime, I've successfully won that auction for those baby pink pumps! So once I've completed the transactions and they get shipped to me, I will show them off at the office. I'm sure the reactions to those shoes will be unlike anything I've worn to date! Can't wait to get them!

:P