Movies and Heels

Just before turning off the TV to go to bed last Sunday night, I was channel hopping and happened upon the movit "First Wives Club" with Goldie Hawn, Bette Midler and Dian Keaton. I started watching it (again) and managed to see some women wearing great heels.

There are a couple of scenes that caught my attention. One in which Goldie Hawn was dressed in a dark brown pants suit and wearing a pair of delicious suède sports pumps (loafer style with a brass link across the vamp) with at least 4" heels. And, in the final scene in that segment, Goldie Hawn, after laying it on the line that she was going to clean out her divorced husband bank account, strode confidently away from him away from the camera with those beautiful pumps flashing in the picture.

The second scene that captured my attention was the final scene when all three women, wearing white suits and white pumps --all with heels at least 4" high -- dancing and singing out of the building and into the street singing "you don't own me." All three pairs of shoes were just grand. I would have liked to have all three pairs in my collection. However, the pair of white pumps that Goldie Hawn was wearing were my favorites. They had white straps that can from inside the vamp and up the foot to just below the ankle -- kinda like Mary Janes -- but with 5" heels ( I know they were at least that high). Just watching her jump up on a chair, ancing and moving her feet wearing those great shoes just made me wiish I had them for myself.

It's a fun movie. Very entertaining with good story line and acting.

Posted Image:P

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 5 months later...

Here are some Screen Grabs from the DVD of the Original Batman movie from 1966. Lee Merriwether plays Catwoman , Jule Newmar was Catwoman for the TV series but because of Filming commitments could not appear in the film. Here Catwoman is wearing a marvellous pair of Ankle boots with small stilletto heel. Enjoy!!

More heel screen grabs from other film coming soon!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Mickey and I went to the theatre this evening and saw a movie titled "Wedding Crashers". This film is full of high heels and even high heel wedges. It is also quite funny. And yes, I had my high heeled boots on while viewing the movie. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Lindsay Lohan wears some nice HH courts with a tiny pleated minidress in Herbie Fully Loaded. She jumps in a high powered NASCAR racing car and drives it whilst so dressed! :wink:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

there's a new film on its way called "Kinky Boots", I think it might need a review in this forum when someone has seen it :wink:

sounds like it may be reminiscent of Alan Ayckbourn's play, A Small Family Business (1987) - the only time I've ever seen ultra-heels on the stage!

/I

By the title name, it sounds like my kind of movie.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Heres another Vintage High Heel Movie Scene.

Tracy Reed in Dr Strangelove from 1964.

Wearing 60's Black Stilletto Slingback Heels.

George C Scott is the Actor.

(pics...)

Wow! Now I'm not old enough to remember 60's heels fashion, but these look a lot like the kind of pointy heels, pointy toe shoes that are in fashion now.

Strange how fashions cycle like that!

Bob.

"Kinky Boots", eh! I'm with Shafted on that one. That sure sounds like MY kind of movie. I'll have to keep watch for that one.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Okay, from the review of the story it sounds like the 'Divine' kinky boot story, have a look at here, too close to be true really.

http://www.thefilmfactory.co.uk/cinema/kinkyboots.html

Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

Yes, I recognized the story of 'Kinky Boots' (Premiered at the Edinburgh Film Festival) as the 'Divine' footwear story too. I think the BBC produced a documentary on this in their 'Trouble at the Top' series? It was one of a series of programmes profiling business difficulties/solutions. The incoming and younger member of the owning family, who sets up Divine, is seen in this programme trying on a lovely pair of black platform sandals and later (after having his legs waxed) wearing some classic red pumps in a modelling shoot for the new brand's promotional material. I don't know if any of you saw this programme and what your opinions are on this, but it seemed to me at the time that the founder of Divine - whose name I'm afraid I can't remember - had found a way of successfully marrying his business needs with his own personal enthusiasm for wearing high heels! I'll try and track down the details of that prog. I'd like to see it again. SP.

Dear all,

I've had a look around and discovered that the new film is definitely based on the Divine story (covered in the BBC strand Trouble at the Top - Series 3 Episode 1). Divine's founder (Steve Pateman) confirms this at www.loveisdivine.co.uk/aboutus.htm - where he provides details of the company history, BBC documentary, and selling the film rights to the story.

I'm not sure if it's ok to post pics from the above site so, if you're interested, to see Steve in heels go to: www.loveisdivine.co.uk/aboutus.htm

SP.

p.s. apparently, the BBC doc is sometimes re-screened on BBC knowledge so keep an eye out for it - it's interesting in it's approach to crossdressers...

Thanks for the info sexyplatforms, very interesting reading.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 4 weeks later...

Just been to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in the Cinema. Whilst its not the obvius place to look for heels, I dont think I saw any HH women in it, Willy Wonka was wearing what I would concider some very nice heels for guys. I would find it impossible to belive that anybody on this site would have missed them if they saw the film. Tim Burton makes some great films.

The angels have the phonebox.

Nigel:-) That particular film has been playing at the Science Center where I work, but I haven't had an opportunity to see it yet. I did note the heels on Charlie on the bigger than life posters hung there. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The next time that it becomes available for rental, I'd like to see the movie "In her shoes." Is that a title or what?:D From what I have seen of the promos, there are many scenes of Cameron Diaz and Toni Collett in high heels. If I see it, I'll let you know how it turns out?. . . jay_nyca1

The next time that it becomes available for rental, I'd like to see the movie "In her shoes." Is that a title or what?:D From what I have seen of the promos, there are many scenes of Cameron Diaz and Toni Collett in high heels. If I see it, I'll let you know how it turns out?. . .

jay_nyca1

Been a while since I last watched it but the story is more emotional as a "chick flick" than a visual heeling flick for men.

I converted the DVD into avi format using the XVID codec and Gordian Knot (either Manual or Automated)--about 400 MB--to store and play on my computer. You could do the same, renting it from Netflix.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...